    I could live with MF if I had to.

    Thank you,
    Nick

    nick, Nov 25, 2003

  2. nick

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    nick wrote:

    > I've looked and can only find non-Nikon TC's that say
    > they will auto focus with the D100.

    What's wrong with that? Some third-party TC's are actually
    *better* than Nikon's (whose current models are all pretty
    old.)

    Here's a list of good candidates:

    - Tamron SP 1.4x
    - Tamron SP 2x
    - Kenko TelePlus Pro 300 2x
    - Kenko TelePlus Pro 300 3x (*)
    - Sigma APO EX 1.4x
    - Sigma APO EX 2x

    (*) This one will only autofocus with lenses
    f/2.8 or faster.

    I haven't tried the Sigmas but I was told they're pretty
    good. I have the Tamron SP 2x and the Kenko 3x
    and they're both as good as TC's can get. They both
    work great with both my F100 and D100.

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 26, 2003

  3. nick

    Sam Smith Guest

    Better? In what way? How measured? I'm not defending Nikon, just would
    like the source of your statement (there are way too many unfounded "facts"
    on the Usenet...)

    Sam Smith, Nov 26, 2003
  4. nick

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Sam Smith wrote:

    > Better? In what way? How measured? I'm not defending Nikon, just
    > would like the source of your statement (there are way too many
    > unfounded "facts" on the Usenet...)

    I have used Nikon TC's and my current TC's (none of which is Nikon) and I
    can compare the results. I'd say optically they're on a par but the
    third-party TC's can autofocus very well and the Nikons can't. I'd recommend
    the Kenko TelePlus Pro 300 (available in 2x and 3x.) It's not really much
    cheaper than a genuine Nikon, this is a high-quality TC with APO glass.

    What I claim is no "fact" but merely my unbiased opinion. I have used Nikons
    for over 25 years, so I'm not exactly a clueless newbie. :)

    Paolo Pizzi, Nov 30, 2003