    Thank you.
    --
    Pat
    self, Nov 28, 2007

  2. self

    ChrisM Guest

    In message ,
    self <> Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

    > Is there such a thing as a "grease gun" to inject silicone grease into
    > the controls on my waterproof camera case? The lubricating slots are
    > narrow and trying to lubricate those springs by squeezing on the
    > silicone grease tube is like pushing on a string.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Can't you just put a blob of grease onto the slot, then work it down into
    the spring using a matchstick or toothpick or similar?

    --
    Regards,
    Chris.
    ChrisM, Nov 28, 2007

  3. self

    Deep Reset Guest

    "self" <> wrote in message
    > Is there such a thing as a "grease gun" to inject silicone grease into
    > the controls on my waterproof camera case? The lubricating slots are
    > narrow and trying to lubricate those springs by squeezing on the
    > silicone grease tube is like pushing on a string.
    >
    > Thank you.
    > --
    > Pat

    Could use a syringe and blunt needle, like you get in inkjet cartridge
    refill kits.
    Deep Reset, Nov 28, 2007
  4. self

    Chris Savage Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.]

    http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/e_dispensers.htm

    > Thank you.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
    Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?
    Chris Savage, Nov 28, 2007
  5. self

    Rod Guest

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:43:59 +0000, Chris Savage
    <> wrote:

    >["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.]
    >On 2007-11-28, self <> wrote:
    >> Is there such a thing as a "grease gun" to inject silicone grease into
    >> the controls on my waterproof camera case? The lubricating slots are
    >> narrow and trying to lubricate those springs by squeezing on the
    >> silicone grease tube is like pushing on a string.
    >>

    >http://www.micro-tools.com/Merchant2/e_dispensers.htm
    >
    >> Thank you.

    >You're welcome.
    >
    >--
    >Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
    >Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?
    > - Billy Bragg

    put a blob of silicone grease on the vents, put a shaped charge over
    the silicone, set it off and your good to go.
    Rod, Nov 29, 2007
  6. On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:37:11 -0000, Deep Reset wrote:
    > "self" <> wrote:
    >> Is there such a thing as a "grease gun" to inject silicone grease into
    >> the controls on my waterproof camera case? The lubricating slots are
    >> narrow and trying to lubricate those springs by squeezing on the
    >> silicone grease tube is like pushing on a string.

    > Could use a syringe and blunt needle, like you get in inkjet cartridge
    > refill kits.

    And, warm the silicone grease in an oven before attempting the injection.
    It ought to 'flow' a lot easier.

    Jonesy -- Freediving with a digital camera.......
    --
    Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
    *** Killfiling google posts: <http://jonz.net/ng.htm>
    Allodoxaphobia, Nov 29, 2007