    mechanism that would hold it closed and still enable me to get to the
    buttons on top, like maybe a perfectly sized C-clamp. Does anyone have
    any ideas for where to look for this or some other fix for my camera?
    Denise, Jan 31, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > I have a six year old Nikon Coolpix 950 that works great for my needs.
    > But I dropped it on its end and broke a teensy bit of plastic that
    > catches the lock on the bottom of the battery case. If I hold the
    > battery case covering tightly closed, the batteries get pressed in, and
    > the camera works fine. I am trying to come up with a clamping
    > mechanism that would hold it closed and still enable me to get to the
    > buttons on top, like maybe a perfectly sized C-clamp. Does anyone have
    > any ideas for where to look for this or some other fix for my camera?

    Well... duct tape fixes everything, or so I've heard.

    You might try a velcro strap of some sort to hold the compartment
    closed. That would be easier to open when you need to swap out the
    battery.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/
    Brian C. Baird, Feb 1, 2005

  3. See "CP-990 Door Latch Fix" at
    http://www.photoprojects.net/index6.html
    for two ways to solve the problem.
    Gene

    Gene F. Rhodes, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Denise

    Guest

    Denise wrote:
    > I have a six year old Nikon Coolpix 950 that works great for my

    needs.
    > But I dropped it on its end and broke a teensy bit of plastic that
    > catches the lock on the bottom of the battery case. . . Does anyone

    have
    > any ideas for where to look for this or some other fix for my camera?

    same thing happened to my 880. attaching a tripod connector (the plate
    that slips into the top of the tripod head) works since it covers the
    edge of the battery compartment. not very elegant, but ...
    , Feb 1, 2005
  5. Denise

    Denise Guest

    Thank you, thank you, thank you all so much for your responses!!!

    This sure beats what I was doing, wandering around Home Depot hoping to
    come across something that might work.
    Denise, Feb 2, 2005