Is there a DUMMIES BOOK for making CDs and DVDs?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by letterman@invalid.com, Apr 2, 2009.

  1. Guest

    I have been trying to use a CD burner for 3 to 4 years to make a CD.
    I have never been able to figure it out. Hey, I'm old.......

    I have an Iomega burner external USB. I got the software from Iomega
    installed, but after that, I'm lost. Do I need to format them, so I
    need to make ISO files, do I need to modify my OS? The list goes on.
    Everytime I have asked for help on newsgroups, or read stuff on
    websites I have only gotten more confused. Then I go to the store and
    find that the blank CDs and DVDs come as CD+R and CD-R. (same for
    DVDs) No one can tell me which one I need. It seems the more I try to
    learn this, the more confused I get, and then I run across info
    telling me that because I am running Windows98se I may, or may not
    need to modify WIN.INI, and I only go deeper under water trying to
    understand all of this. There seems to be so much conflicting
    information that I dont know what to believe. Even the simple task of
    labelling them seems conflicting. Some say never use any ink on a CD
    or it will ruin them, yet other people say you can write all over them
    as long as it's not on the data side.

    I realize that burning CDs and DVDs is the most complicated thing a
    person can do on a computer, but I also realize that asking for help
    or reading websites, just gets me all sorts of technical babble that I
    dont understand and only confuses me more.

    I'm not stupid, but I am old, my eyes are not the best for reading
    reams of useless shit, and I could give a rats ass about all the
    technical crap. I just need a step by step SIMPLE explanation of what
    to do to burn some data, or copy another CD, or make an audio CD from
    MP3 files (which I know is even more complicated yet). I've given up
    out of frustration several times over the years. This time I hope I
    can actually make at least one useful CD.

    I recentely bought a used DVD burner too, but I'll start with the CDs
    for now. While I'm not a dummy, I know those books do make things
    appear to be simple, compared to most other books and websites.

    I should mention the (online only - website version) of the software
    for the Iomega software (made for my Iomega burner), is very hard to
    use because the websites keep referring to other pages and that sort
    of thing.

    Do these books exist?
    Is there an online version?

    By the way, dont bother telling me to upgrade to XP or Vista. I'm
    perfectly happy with Win98 and dont need something else to learn to
    use. I've used Win98 since 98 and I know how to use it well, except
    for this damn cd\dvd burning.

    Thanks

    LM

    , Apr 2, 2009

  2. wrote:

    >Do these books exist?
    >Is there an online version?

    I was about to recommend "CD and DVD Recording For Dummies", then I
    noticed it was published in 2004. Try going to Amazon.com and
    searching on "cd and dvd recording."

    Then again, if you are using Win98, maybe a 2004 vintage is what you
    need.

    FWIW, I feel your pain. I'm more PC literate than most, but recording
    CDs and DVDs has been a pain in the ass for me too. Why on earth
    Microsoft isn't smart enough to simply treat them like any other
    storage device allowing copy/move, drag and drop, etc. is beyond me.

    Richard Evans, Apr 2, 2009

  3. Per :
    >I'm not stupid, but I am old,

    I'm old.

    But I'm stupid too.

    Although Windows has native support for burning data CDs (and
    DVDs?) one thing that makes my life simpler is having a third
    party utility called "Nero" that does it with a few more options
    and a bit more of a UI.

    For video-type DVDs.... that's a whole other can of worms. I'm
    just trying to get into it now and find it quite intimidating.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (PeteCresswell), Apr 3, 2009
  4. On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 11:51:28 -0400, Richard Evans
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>Do these books exist?
    >>Is there an online version?

    >I was about to recommend "CD and DVD Recording For Dummies", then I
    >noticed it was published in 2004. Try going to Amazon.com and
    >searching on "cd and dvd recording."
    >
    >Then again, if you are using Win98, maybe a 2004 vintage is what you
    >need.
    >
    >FWIW, I feel your pain. I'm more PC literate than most, but recording
    >CDs and DVDs has been a pain in the ass for me too. Why on earth
    >Microsoft isn't smart enough to simply treat them like any other
    >storage device allowing copy/move, drag and drop, etc. is beyond me.

    Because of the nature of the write medium and method. It is a worm, as
    in a helical string that tracks around the disc just like an album
    (except reversed).

    Albums get stamped, and all the data gets made at one time. A
    writeable optical disc, however, has to have a session performed on it
    where the laser impinges on the plastic layer of the disc's structure,
    and leaves behind a burn remnant in each location in wants a 1 to be
    written. The gaps between are zeros, and the data stream is constructed
    and can be read back out.

    Now, the way it works is that the disc drive and software has to have
    all the data that is going to be written to a disc all readied up so that
    a single "authoring session" can be performed where the entire data
    string has been compiled, and during the write session, the stream cannot
    be broken such that the laser head buffer loses data. All buffering in
    the system has to be such that that one element gets data the entire time
    the write session is going. If there is any break at all, the disc is
    trashed, because a file cannot have a break in its data, or the laser
    head loses track, and there is not enough FEC to fix it... date gets
    lost.

    It has nothing to do with Windows or the computer. It is all about how
    an optical disk has to be written to and read from. That is completely
    different than the way a hard drive volume works, so drag and drop, and
    plug and play write sessions are difficult to work with. We do have
    multiple session capability now, but I prefer to have a disc full of data
    ready before I burn, OR the data be so important that it warrants a disc
    of its own, even if it is only 50MB of data. Even then, I do not use any
    drag and drop applets.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 3, 2009
  5. On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:56:14 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)" <>
    wrote:

    >Per :
    >>I'm not stupid, but I am old,

    >I'm old.
    >
    >But I'm stupid too.
    >
    >Although Windows has native support for burning data CDs (and
    >DVDs?) one thing that makes my life simpler is having a third
    >party utility called "Nero" that does it with a few more options
    >and a bit more of a UI.
    >
    >For video-type DVDs.... that's a whole other can of worms. I'm
    >just trying to get into it now and find it quite intimidating.

    Just making a file for the danged PSP is a pain in the ass, unless I go
    drop a shitload of cash on software.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 3, 2009
  6. buddy b Guest

    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>Do these books exist?
    >>Is there an online version?

    >I was about to recommend "CD and DVD Recording For Dummies", then I
    >noticed it was published in 2004. Try going to Amazon.com and
    >searching on "CD and dvd recording."
    >
    >Then again, if you are using Win98, maybe a 2004 vintage is what you
    >need.
    >
    >FWIW, I feel your pain. I'm more PC literate than most, but recording
    >CDs and DVDs has been a pain in the ass for me too. Why on earth
    >Microsoft isn't smart enough to simply treat them like any other
    >storage device allowing copy/move, drag and drop, etc. is beyond me.

    Sounds as if you need 3rd party pgms to do what you want.
    There are some freeware and some shareware.
    Do a search on each.

    Look in a.b.multimedia.utilities and look around.
    Regards
    buddy b

    buddy b, Apr 3, 2009
  7. Guest

    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>Do these books exist?
    >>Is there an online version?

    >I was about to recommend "CD and DVD Recording For Dummies", then I
    >noticed it was published in 2004. Try going to Amazon.com and
    >searching on "cd and dvd recording."
    >
    >Then again, if you are using Win98, maybe a 2004 vintage is what you
    >need.
    >
    >FWIW, I feel your pain. I'm more PC literate than most, but recording
    >CDs and DVDs has been a pain in the ass for me too. Why on earth
    >Microsoft isn't smart enough to simply treat them like any other
    >storage device allowing copy/move, drag and drop, etc. is beyond me.

    Thanks for the feedback. I dont feel so bad now, knowing that this is
    a pain in the ass for others too. I should note that this is one time
    when MS is not really at fault. I've heard that burning CDs and DVDs
    with Linux and Macintosh is just as much of a hassle. Now mayb MS
    could come up with some software that automates it. From what I've
    read on some website discussion groups, it appears that some software
    does automate it, but there is still no guarantee the CDs will work.

    I recall about 5 years ago I needed my Win98 CD to add some drivers to
    Win98 and could not find the CD. I have a legal reg. key, so I just
    asked a friend to make me a copy, which he did. Well, he had to do it
    3 times before my CD player drive would read it. All three read fine
    on his driv, but not mine. I even changed the drive at one point, but
    that did not help. I finally gave him a spare harddrive and had him
    copy the CD to that harddrive, which I later copied to my "using"
    drive, and I now keep the whole 98install CD files right on the
    computer. (eventually I found my original CD).

    Actually, a 2004 book should work just fine for me. That should cover
    Win98, Win2K, and likely XP. I dont think CD burning has changed.
    It's still a clumbsy process compared to copying files to anything
    else such as a harddrive, floppy, or USB stick.

    I'll be looking for that book, in fact I just thought about looking at
    the local library first.

    Thanks

    LM

    , Apr 3, 2009
  8. Guest

    On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 18:13:04 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:56:14 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Per :
    >>>I'm not stupid, but I am old,

    >>I'm old.
    >>
    >>But I'm stupid too.
    >>
    >>Although Windows has native support for burning data CDs (and
    >>DVDs?) one thing that makes my life simpler is having a third
    >>party utility called "Nero" that does it with a few more options
    >>and a bit more of a UI.
    >>
    >>For video-type DVDs.... that's a whole other can of worms. I'm
    >>just trying to get into it now and find it quite intimidating.

    > Just making a file for the danged PSP is a pain in the ass, unless I go
    >drop a shitload of cash on software.

    What's a PSP ??? (Besides Paint Shop Pro)

    , Apr 3, 2009
  9. Guest

    On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 21:54:49 -0400, Kimba W Lion
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>I have an Iomega burner external USB. I got the software from Iomega
    >>installed, but after that, I'm lost. Do I need to format them, so I
    >>need to make ISO files, do I need to modify my OS? The list goes on.
    >>Everytime I have asked for help on newsgroups, or read stuff on
    >>websites I have only gotten more confused. Then I go to the store and
    >>find that the blank CDs and DVDs come as CD+R and CD-R. (same for
    >>DVDs) No one can tell me which one I need. It seems the more I try to
    >>learn this, the more confused I get, and then I run across info
    >>telling me that because I am running Windows98se I may, or may not
    >>need to modify WIN.INI, and I only go deeper under water trying to
    >>understand all of this. There seems to be so much conflicting
    >>information that I dont know what to believe. Even the simple task of
    >>labelling them seems conflicting. Some say never use any ink on a CD
    >>or it will ruin them, yet other people say you can write all over them
    >>as long as it's not on the data side.

    >And you've been getting more gobbledygook here.
    >
    >I've been burning CDs on a Win98 machine for 10 years, so I can tell you
    >there's no need to modify your OS. You also don't need to format CDs
    >beforehand, and there is no such thing as CD+R. Put all that, and any thought
    >of Win.ini, out of your mind.
    >
    >ISO files are only useful if you want to make multiple exact copies of the
    >same disk. If you're making audio CDs you surely don't need to bother with ISO
    >files.
    >
    >What you do need to know is whether your burning software is compatible with
    >Win98. I don't know what you have with your drive, but if you bought it
    >recently, it may not be compatible. As long as you have compatible software,
    >just follow the instructions in the Help menu. Don't over think things.
    >
    >Really, it shouldn't be any more complicated than the 4 steps here:
    >http://www.worldstart.com/tips/file-management/howto-burn-a-cd.htm
    >Don't worry about anything after the Windows XP heading.
    >
    >Other matters: I doubt your machine will have the oomph to make DVDs, but
    >that's for the future, after you get CDs under your belt. As for labeling CDs,
    >I've always used a Sharpie without a problem, but I wonder if things might be
    >different with cheapie CD-Rs that just have a simple lacquer coating on the
    >label side. I always use CD-Rs that have a nice solid label side.

    My CD burner is older. I bought it several years ago as a USED drive.
    It was complete, except lacking the manual and software. It's an
    Iomega Zip CD650 external USB drive. Iomega allowed me to download
    the drivers and their burning software "Hotburn Pro", after I gave
    them the model/serial numbers of the drive and registered it with
    them. I have the software installed, it appears to work. I can play
    CDs on the drive with no problem.

    What I said about burning DVDs is that I just bought a bunch of used
    computer stuff from a business that was selling all their older
    computer hardware. It included an internal Phillips CD-DVD burner.
    Of course no software or manual.....

    This computer is a 1ghz Pentium3 with 512megs of Ram. Do I need more
    power than that?

    What also puzzles me, is this: Lets say I got this NERO that everyone
    seems to think is the best. Do I use this program for BOTH CDs and
    DVDs? Or do DVDs need some other software? As I said, I have never
    burned any media, nor have I ever owned a DVD drive on a computer.

    Thanks for the help.

    LM

    , Apr 3, 2009
  10. Guest

    On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:33:05 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >(snip)
    >
    >> What's a PSP ??? (Besides Paint Shop Pro)

    >Playstation Portable. It's a small handheld gaming device for kids that you
    >can also stick video and audio files on much like a clunky version of an
    >iPod type portable media player device.
    >
    >T.B.

    OK, thanks. I dont have kids so I dont know that stuff !!!!

    , Apr 4, 2009
  11. On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 13:23:03 -0500, wrote:

    >On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 18:13:04 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:56:14 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Per :
    >>>
    >>>I'm old.
    >>>
    >>>But I'm stupid too.
    >>>
    >>>Although Windows has native support for burning data CDs (and
    >>>DVDs?) one thing that makes my life simpler is having a third
    >>>party utility called "Nero" that does it with a few more options
    >>>and a bit more of a UI.
    >>>
    >>>For video-type DVDs.... that's a whole other can of worms. I'm
    >>>just trying to get into it now and find it quite intimidating.

    >> Just making a file for the danged PSP is a pain in the ass, unless I go
    >>drop a shitload of cash on software.

    >What's a PSP ??? (Besides Paint Shop Pro)

    Play Station Portable

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 4, 2009
  12. On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:33:05 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >(snip)
    >
    >> What's a PSP ??? (Besides Paint Shop Pro)

    >Playstation Portable. It's a small handheld gaming device for kids that you
    >can also stick video and audio files on much like a clunky version of an
    >iPod type portable media player device.
    >
    >T.B.

    How lame a description that was.

    I have NEVER played a game on it. It has a disc drive and there are
    movies for it. You can play movie files on it. You can play MP3s as
    well, without 'clunky' DRM. It has removable memory devices. It browses
    the web via it's wifi hooks. It allows one to store and view and
    slideshow pictures. It shows those movies and pictures at a barely
    acceptable, yet far better than Apple crap wide form factor resolution.
    Which is one of the better resolutions one can get at the price these are
    sitting at right now.

    It is not clunky, and in no way is it clunky compared to Apple's crap
    that reminds one of the single button mouse. How lame. You keep your
    stupid iPud, bub. Only the high end of those has web access, and that is
    only so you can BUY more music, 1 DRM drenched file at a time.

    It (the PSP) is far better than the other players, has had more
    features throughout its life, long before your iPud ever even thought
    about doing video. The newer models do it even better than the originals
    and at an even higher resolution. The only thing it lacks is FLAC
    playback capacity.

    ...AND it plays games.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 4, 2009
  13. On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 09:50:39 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Archimedes' Lever" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:33:05 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>(snip)

    >>>Playstation Portable. It's a small handheld gaming device for kids that
    >>>you
    >>>can also stick video and audio files on much like a clunky version of an
    >>>iPod type portable media player device.
    >>>
    >>>T.B.

    >> How lame a description that was.
    >>
    >> I have NEVER played a game on it. It has a disc drive and there are
    >> movies for it. You can play movie files on it. You can play MP3s as
    >> well, without 'clunky' DRM. It has removable memory devices. It browses
    >> the web via it's wifi hooks. It allows one to store and view and
    >> slideshow pictures. It shows those movies and pictures at a barely
    >> acceptable, yet far better than Apple crap wide form factor resolution.
    >> Which is one of the better resolutions one can get at the price these are
    >> sitting at right now.
    >>
    >> It is not clunky, and in no way is it clunky compared to Apple's crap
    >> that reminds one of the single button mouse. How lame. You keep your
    >> stupid iPud, bub. Only the high end of those has web access, and that is
    >> only so you can BUY more music, 1 DRM drenched file at a time.
    >>
    >> It (the PSP) is far better than the other players, has had more
    >> features throughout its life, long before your iPud ever even thought
    >> about doing video. The newer models do it even better than the originals
    >> and at an even higher resolution. The only thing it lacks is FLAC
    >> playback capacity.
    >>
    >> ...AND it plays games.

    >I'll be excited when I can plug a 160GB PSP into my Alpine car stereo and
    >play full bitrate WAV files like I can do with an iPod or similar device. I
    >don't have any problems with DRM. And I don't know, maybe it's a blast
    >staring at a business card sized screen watching movies and hearing them
    >through speakers the size of a button, but I really don't know any adults
    >who do that sort of thing. But regardless, enjoy your toy, kid.
    >
    >T.B.

    You're an idiot. I can use 16GB chips and still could never listen to
    all that is on one in a day or even a week. Not to mention that on all
    output devices other than a huge cranked up home stereo system, you are
    not going to hear the difference between "fool bitrate WAV" files and a
    compressed version, unless it is at some totally sad sample rate.

    The iPuds you were touting can watch videos, but in a sad resolution on
    a stamp sized 'screen'. At least the PSP is barely acceptable. There is
    better available, but they are hundreds of dollars more. It still beats
    any iPud hands down.

    The sound does not have to be heard through the internal speakers, you
    fucking retard, and FLAC is a lossless codec so you are behind the curve
    on having any clue about that realm as well. We have earbuds and
    headphones and even externally amplified solutions.

    A huge percentage of the iPuds out there *ARE* owned by adults. A huge
    percentage of the adult EEs at work have earbuds in their heads nearly
    all day long, regardless of what is driving them. You are about as
    behind the times as it gets. Our work gives them away as prizes. Our
    workplace has free gym memberships, and coffee houses and free OJ and a
    cafeteria... We ALL use music devices as well as streaming it on our
    individual PCs. We do not have some lame jackass IT dipshit running
    around behind our internet activity. Our networks are secure, and we do
    big gov contracts, so I know they are doing it right, and we have one of
    the most open network and PC use policies I have ever seen. It all comes
    down to knowing how to secure the things that need to be secure, and
    leaving the rest alone. I'd say there are close to four hundred internet
    radio streams running at our work campus at any given time on any given
    weekday. Enjoy my toy? You're a fucking retard.

    You are worse than an old, 19th century school marm. Me? Not a kid,
    you dumbfuck.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 5, 2009
  14. Ted Bundy Guest

    On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 10:18:27 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    <> once again showed everyone what a
    roaring asshole he is by sprouting nastyness:

    <<<<<Snip>>>>>

    Your condescending attitude negates anything you can ever say that may
    be of value. You are just a lowlife prick. Off yourself before you
    go postal and hurt someone else.

    Ted Bundy, Apr 5, 2009
  15. On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 09:50:39 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Archimedes' Lever" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:33:05 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>(snip)

    >>>Playstation Portable. It's a small handheld gaming device for kids that
    >>>you
    >>>can also stick video and audio files on much like a clunky version of an
    >>>iPod type portable media player device.
    >>>
    >>>T.B.

    >> How lame a description that was.
    >>
    >> I have NEVER played a game on it. It has a disc drive and there are
    >> movies for it. You can play movie files on it. You can play MP3s as
    >> well, without 'clunky' DRM. It has removable memory devices. It browses
    >> the web via it's wifi hooks. It allows one to store and view and
    >> slideshow pictures. It shows those movies and pictures at a barely
    >> acceptable, yet far better than Apple crap wide form factor resolution.
    >> Which is one of the better resolutions one can get at the price these are
    >> sitting at right now.
    >>
    >> It is not clunky, and in no way is it clunky compared to Apple's crap
    >> that reminds one of the single button mouse. How lame. You keep your
    >> stupid iPud, bub. Only the high end of those has web access, and that is
    >> only so you can BUY more music, 1 DRM drenched file at a time.
    >>
    >> It (the PSP) is far better than the other players, has had more
    >> features throughout its life, long before your iPud ever even thought
    >> about doing video. The newer models do it even better than the originals
    >> and at an even higher resolution. The only thing it lacks is FLAC
    >> playback capacity.
    >>
    >> ...AND it plays games.

    >I'll be excited when I can plug a 160GB PSP into my Alpine car stereo and
    >play full bitrate WAV files like I can do with an iPod or similar device. I
    >don't have any problems with DRM. And I don't know, maybe it's a blast
    >staring at a business card sized screen watching movies and hearing them
    >through speakers the size of a button, but I really don't know any adults
    >who do that sort of thing. But regardless, enjoy your toy, kid.
    >
    >T.B.

    As an addendum, you fucking retard, the current models not only have an
    audio out jack, as all models have always had, but it also has a video
    out jack with composite video on it, so it not only *would* plug into
    your Alpine stereo (oh boy, a brand centric retard as well), it would
    also plug into a video display, since you seem so hep on external device
    capacity.

    Alpine sucks, BTW.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 5, 2009
  16. On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 17:37:08 GMT, (Ted Bundy)
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 10:18:27 -0700, Archimedes' Lever
    ><> once again showed everyone what a
    >roaring asshole he is by sprouting nastyness:
    >
    ><<<<<Snip>>>>>
    >
    >Your condescending attitude negates anything you can ever say that may
    >be of value. You are just a lowlife prick. Off yourself before you
    >go postal and hurt someone else.

    I do not 'go postal', you retarded ****. I "go coastal".

    That is where I go down to the beach and have a beer.

    Only retarded, pussy fuckheads like you want death for others, and jack
    off at the mouth about folks hurting others. Sounds to me like you are
    the one that has serious social issues that would cause others worry.

    You are a social midget... or a serial killer. Either in your case is
    a tragic flaw.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 5, 2009
  17. On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 10:59:44 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Archimedes' Lever" aka "Pipesmoker" aka "Darkmatter" farted:
    >
    >> As an addendum, you fucking retard, the current models not only have an
    >> audio out jack, as all models have always had, but it also has a video
    >> out jack with composite video on it, so it not only *would* plug into
    >> your Alpine stereo (oh boy, a brand centric retard as well), it would
    >> also plug into a video display, since you seem so hep on external device
    >> capacity.

    >I guess if you're some cheap dope who likes a lot of cables hooked up to a
    >car head unit to some cheap toy watching movies in a car(!?!) on a mousepad
    >sized screen, this might be appealing. Like most adults, I limit my movie
    >viewing to the home on a screen a few times bigger than a sheet of paper.
    >
    >> Alpine sucks, BTW.

    >Oh the pain.
    >
    >T.B.

    No idiot. It takes no more cables from an iPud to your Alpine POS than
    it would to pass audio from my PSP to your Alpine POS. You are truly
    retarded if you think otherwise.

    You are about as fucking stupid as it gets to go on with this thing in
    your head thinking that I was only talking about video. Face it, the PSP
    is miles above your iPud on ability, and it was years ago when it came
    out too. Sheet of paper? My PC monitor is "a few times bigger than a
    sheet of paper". My video display is 46", so I know the difference
    between that and my PSP, and I do not "limit" myself with retarded limits
    the way you obviously do, since every post you have ever made here shows
    just how limited you are.

    'Pipesmoker'? 'farted'? Grow the **** up, retard boy.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 5, 2009
  18. On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 11:19:12 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >OOooOOoooo, 16GB chips!!! Maybe I could carry a shoebox of chips around for
    >my PSP so I can conveniently pop in one of dozens of compilations of one
    >artist's music whenever I want!! BTW, unless you have a tin ear (which
    >sounds entirely probably) it's pretty easy to tell the difference between a
    >high bitrate compressed sound file and a "fool bitrate" (that WAS clever)
    >wav or flac file. Unless of course you settle for listening to music on a
    >pair of cheap earbuds.

    Dumbfuck, that is EXACTLY what I said! I said you cannot tell the
    difference on ANYTHING less than a full bore home stereo, and you can't.

    Just so you know there are earbuds out there that beat home stereos on
    acoustic range, distortion, and a whole array of other specs that are
    likely outside your lay person level of comprehension.

    You thinking you can is pretty fucking hilarious. I bet you buy monster
    'top-line' products too. You are one dopey ****.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 5, 2009
  19. On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 11:19:12 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    > Can the PSP even *power*
    >anything better than a cheap pair of earbuds?

    Easy to tell that you are totally outside you realm of knowledge.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 5, 2009
  20. Re: "Archimedes' Lever" aka Newsgroup Piñata

    On Sun, 5 Apr 2009 12:28:48 -0700, "The Mighty T.B."
    <> wrote:

    >"Archimedes' Lever" sniveled:
    >
    >> I do not 'go postal', you retarded ****. I "go coastal".
    >>
    >> That is where I go down to the beach and have a beer.
    >>
    >> Only retarded, pussy fuckheads like you want death for others, and jack
    >> off at the mouth about folks hurting others. Sounds to me like you are
    >> the one that has serious social issues that would cause others worry.
    >>
    >> You are a social midget... or a serial killer. Either in your case is
    >> a tragic flaw.

    >Heh, I guess it slipped your mind when you talked all tough about "slipping
    >a knife" between my ribs "from behind" (maybe gay code for "I wanna buttfuck
    >you") a while back. Then when I let you know I actually work less than a
    >half hour from you on weekend evenings doing security at Canes on PCH you
    >shut up real quick and the worst I've ever heard from someone in the club is
    >"thank you sir" as I let 'em in the door.
    >
    >Maybe you should change your screen name again. That's sure to fool
    >everyone. HA!

    Hahahahah! A fucking club door bounce retard!

    Yeah, you sure are miles ahead of me. Hahahah Not!

    Do you see me shutting up, you fucking pussy fucking retard? The slip
    between the ribs can happen just as easily there as anywhere else, bub.

    Archimedes' Lever, Apr 5, 2009