    Thanks,
    Ron

    , Mar 22, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Thanks,
    > Ron

    Could you be more specific? Depending on how your question is taken,
    every dSLR meets it to no camera at all digital or otherwise meets it.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 22, 2006

  3. Bill Funk Guest

    On 22 Mar 2006 10:26:05 -0800, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks,
    >Ron

    All of them can be made to take a minimal amount of adjustments.
    Set it to auto, and shoot away.
    Is there something else you meant to ask? This doesn't seem to be the
    question you wanted to ask.

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Mar 22, 2006
  4. Scott W Guest

    wrote:
    > Thanks,
    > Ron

    I think just about any of them will show you the aperture and shutter
    speed through the view finder and you can adjust both of these while
    looking through the view finder.

    What adjustments were you thinking of?

    Scott

    Scott W, Mar 22, 2006
  5. Guest

    Thanks Joseph,
    I find it raises the emotional db level to point a camera at people. I
    would like to make all my adjustmenst; focal point, iso, aperture, etc.
    while holding the camera down around my hips. It would also be handy
    for shooting in the dark; silhouettes shadows etc.

    Thanks again

    , Mar 22, 2006
  6. <> wrote:
    > Thanks,
    > Ron

    I assume that you are asking if there is any SLR out there that doesn't
    require you to use a menu to make adjustments? Or are you asking is there any
    camera out ther that allows you to adjust while looking through the
    viewfinder. There are few cameras out there that allow you to get to ever
    setting while looking through the view finder and almost all cameras allow you
    to make some adjustments while looking through the viewfinder. The more
    professional cameras allow you to adjust many of the settings while looking
    through the viewfinder, and many more without going into menus.

    Your question would be better expressed if you indicate which settings that
    you are referring.

    Also, for future reference, could you please ask your question in the body of
    the message and not just in the subject. Many newsgroup readers, such as
    myself, use a console application and the subject doesn't show past a limitted
    number of characters unless I respond to the message and look at the full
    headers. Cases in point are TIN, SLRN, TRN, yada yada.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Mar 22, 2006
  7. SimonLW Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Thanks,
    > Ron

    If you use the camera enough, you become very familiar with the buttons and
    can set without looking. In some cases, you have to know what mode you were
    in to know where to go. For example. I can set the ISO from 100 to 400 in my
    dRebel by pressing the ISO button and turning the dial clockwise 2 clicks
    without looking. Without knowing the starting ISO, I could not do this. It
    is not a big deal to look at the LCD.
    -S

    SimonLW, Mar 22, 2006
  8. Rich Guest

    On 22 Mar 2006 10:39:12 -0800, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks Joseph,
    >I find it raises the emotional db level to point a camera at people. I
    >would like to make all my adjustmenst; focal point, iso, aperture, etc.
    >while holding the camera down around my hips. It would also be handy
    >for shooting in the dark; silhouettes shadows etc.
    >
    >Thanks again

    There was an article in Popular Photography lamenting the shift from
    buttons on the camera to choices in menus to control things. Buttons
    can be manipulated when the camera is at eye level whereas menu
    options can't. They cited Minolta's 7D as a good example of a camera
    with buttons on it for most functions and Minolta's 5D as one that
    went the other way.
    -Rich

    Rich, Mar 22, 2006
  9. Jim Townsend Guest

    wrote:

    > Thanks,
    > Ron

    You mean a DLSR with braille on the controls ??

    Jim Townsend, Mar 22, 2006
  10. Pete D Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Joseph,
    > I find it raises the emotional db level to point a camera at people. I
    > would like to make all my adjustmenst; focal point, iso, aperture, etc.
    > while holding the camera down around my hips. It would also be handy
    > for shooting in the dark; silhouettes shadows etc.
    >
    > Thanks again

    In that case they all qualify, AF, program mode of some sort (including AP
    &SP), take your shot.

    Pete D, Mar 22, 2006
  11. Pete D Guest

    > Also, for future reference, could you please ask your question in the body
    > of
    > the message and not just in the subject. Many newsgroup readers, such as
    > myself, use a console application

    Many??

    Pete D, Mar 22, 2006
  12. Bill Funk Guest

    On 22 Mar 2006 10:39:12 -0800, ""
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks Joseph,
    >I find it raises the emotional db level to point a camera at people. I
    >would like to make all my adjustmenst; focal point, iso, aperture, etc.
    >while holding the camera down around my hips. It would also be handy
    >for shooting in the dark; silhouettes shadows etc.
    >
    >Thanks again

    Auto mode handles most of this.
    Focal point? Do you mean focal length? Set it before you snap.
    Is this not a solution?

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Mar 22, 2006
  13. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 10:26:05 -0800, wrote:

    > Thanks,
    > Ron

    Keep it on manual all the time and I would think that all would be OK even
    though you would be limiting yourself a little.

    --
    Neil
    Delete 'l' to reply by email

    Neil Ellwood, Mar 22, 2006
  14. wrote:
    > Thanks Joseph,
    > I find it raises the emotional db level to point a camera at people.
    > I would like to make all my adjustmenst; focal point, iso, aperture,
    > etc. while holding the camera down around my hips. It would also be
    > handy for shooting in the dark; silhouettes shadows etc.
    >
    > Thanks again

    Well you can with the Canon 20D, but under those conditions, I believe I
    would be far more likely to let the camera do it itself. Modern DSLRs
    handle that process very quickly. I would say an average of about a half
    second. For the more manual operations you can set it manually with out

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 22, 2006
  15. Pete D <> wrote:
    >> of
    >> the message and not just in the subject. Many newsgroup readers, such as
    >> myself, use a console application

    > Many??

    Yes, many. Many many. USENET is a very old medium, going back to the 1980s.
    There are many of us that don't use GUI frontends for the purposes of USENET.
    I can give you the main reason that I use TIN for my USENET purposes. I log
    in from multiple locations and use multiple computers. To maintain
    configuration information, as well as have articles properly marked as "read",
    I use a server based console application (TIN) that I use in a UNIX shell.

    Did I say most? No. But console users of USENET are not a small minority.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Mar 22, 2006
  16. Guest

    Hi Thomas,
    Sorry about the subject thing - i didn't know. I will be sure to post
    in the body in the future. I should have been more specific too. I
    thought everyone would know what I was talking about and it turns out
    that no one did.
    Here is what I should have said.
    I like holding the camera in my lap, down around my hips, or whatever -
    some place other than in front of my face - and I like to continuously
    make adjustments while the situation changes. Sometimes I will raise
    the camera and take a picture but usually the picture never happens so
    I just keep adjusting. I find it distracting to have to look down or
    to raise the camera and have to use the vew finder for something other
    than compostion. Call it quirky but that is how I like to do it.

    Thanks for the reply and the tip on how to be a better member,
    Ron

    , Mar 22, 2006
  17. Guest

    Hi Rich,
    You always have good advice.
    I do not get any periodicals any more so I missed the article you refer
    to but if I had been doing this long enough I would be lamenting too.

    Thanks,
    Ron

    , Mar 22, 2006
  18. Guest

    Hi Simon,
    I do the same thing you mention with the ISO button but I would rather
    have an x position slider for ISO so I could be sure.

    Thanks,
    Ron

    , Mar 22, 2006
  19. Guest

    Hi Jim,
    Braille has different connotations for me but you are the closest to
    taking my point.

    Thanks,
    Ron

    , Mar 22, 2006
  20. Guest

    Hi Neil,
    Thanks for the reply. I have strong opinions about how each parameter
    should be set and I do not welcome comments from the peanut section. I
    consider the non manual modes the peanut section.

    Thanks,
    Ron

    , Mar 22, 2006