    Please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Eddie

    Edward Holub, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Edward Holub

    Joe S Guest

    Edward Holub wrote:
    > I'm using a Samsumg 213T monitor as a television together with a Viewsonic
    > video processor. However, when I play macrovisioned DVDs I get the
    > alternate light/dark image, as if the dvd look at the video processor as a
    > recording device.
    > Would a higher quality S-video cable solve this problem for me?
    > Please let me know.
    > Thanks.
    > Eddie

    Is your video going through a VCR anywhere between the DVD player and
    the TV?

    No, a higher quality S-Video cable won't solve this.

    --
    Joe

    Joe S, Feb 5, 2005

  3. Edward Holub

    JF Sebastian Guest

    Macrovision (was: Re: Is there a difference in S-video cables?)

    Edward Holub wrote:
    > I'm using a Samsumg 213T monitor as a television together with a Viewsonic
    > video processor. However, when I play macrovisioned DVDs I get the
    > alternate light/dark image, as if the dvd look at the video processor as a
    > recording device.

    Neither the DVD nor the DVD player know about what's connected to the
    player. Your video processor is simply being fooled by Macrovision's
    crippled video signals like a plain video cassette recorder would be.

    > Would a higher quality S-video cable solve this problem for me?

    No. Get rid of the video processor. Get a TV for your DVD player, use a
    PC as playback device for your PC monitor, get a PC monitor that accepts
    video signals or get a DVD player with VGA or, even better, DVI output.

    JF Sebastian, Feb 5, 2005
  4. >I'm using a Samsumg 213T monitor as a television together with a Viewsonic
    >video processor. However, when I play macrovisioned DVDs I get the
    >alternate light/dark image, as if the dvd look at the video processor as a
    >recording device.
    > Would a higher quality S-video cable solve this problem for me?

    No. Take the Viewsonic processor out of the mix or find a way to disable
    MacroVision in your DVD player. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Feb 6, 2005