Is there a Check to see if Serial will work on Original XP CD?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Max, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Max

    Max Guest

    I have a genuine copy of a Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition CD, which I
    purchased used. The serial was actually written on the back of it, as it
    didn't come with any books or anything. (No, it's not FCKGW :))

    ......is there any way of being able to test or otherwise check if this
    serial will work when I come to install from it? ......I mean, without
    actually having to go thru the installation process...?

    I tried some software by Collake Software, but it seems to crash every time
    before providing the result...

    http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/max0/xpkeytest.zip

    Regards,

    Max..

    Max, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Max

    Guest

    "Max" <max@plz_reply_to_NewsGroup.org> wrote in message
    > I have a genuine copy of a Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition CD, which I
    > purchased used. The serial was actually written on the back of it, as it
    > didn't come with any books or anything. (No, it's not FCKGW :))
    >
    > .....is there any way of being able to test or otherwise check if this
    > serial will work when I come to install from it? ......I mean, without
    > actually having to go thru the installation process...?
    >
    > I tried some software by Collake Software, but it seems to crash every

    time
    > before providing the result...
    >
    > http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/max0/xpkeytest.zip
    >
    > Regards,
    >

    > Max..

    Why dont you call Microsoft only takes about 10mins on the phone

    --

    Back of the net

    G©, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Max

    Harrison Guest

    Not that I'm aware of. There are serial generators available if you
    look around in the right places.
    Even if the serial works, you're still going to have to activate it.
    That's going to be the biggest hurdle.

    On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 03:21:04 -0500, "Max"

    Harrison, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Max

    Max Guest

    I don't need a serial generator, as I said this is a legit copy of Windows
    XP....and it already has a serial written on the back, however, I am not
    sure that this CD Key is actually a valid key (i.e. one that will both allow
    installation AND Activation), as the CD Key was handwritten on the back when
    I bought it. I am now to be selling this to someone else, and I want to make
    sure that I sell them a perfectly working copy which won't give any problems
    installing and activating.

    .....I have also managed to obtain yet another key from Microsoft support
    directly, by providing the part number on the CD, however I would still like
    to test to make sure that this serial works fine, when the installation
    comes. It would be a real pain and inconvenience to have to ship out this
    CD, and it doesn't work...

    I just need a way to check to see if the installation would work with this
    serial.....without having to actually go through the installation process,
    as I don't have another computer available...

    Regards,

    Max...

    Max, Oct 27, 2003
  5. I think your shit out of luck buddy!

    What's In A Name?, Oct 28, 2003
  6. Max

    JR Guest

    Try this little program out http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    after its done go about half way down and it will tell you what keys were
    used.

    JR, Oct 28, 2003