    and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...

    Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!

    thanks!
    Robbie, Aug 15, 2005

  2. On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:29:06 -0400, Robbie <>
    wrote:

    >My friend wants a still cam that shows the picture preview on the PC monitor,
    >and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...
    >
    >Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!

    Sure. look at these...
    http://www.sinarbron.com/sinar/digital/sinarback3.php

    They'll do a fine job...

    "A nice man is a man of nasty ideas."

    _Introductions to History of the Reformation_
    Jonathan Swift
    1667-1745
    John A. Stovall, Aug 15, 2005

  3. Robbie

    Brian Baird Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > My friend wants a still cam that shows the picture preview on the PC monitor,
    > and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...
    >
    > Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!
    >
    > thanks!

    Just about any of the point and shoots will do this with a USB cable.

    There aren't that many models with 12x zoom, but 10x is pretty doable.
    I suggest you check out www.dpreview.com
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird
    Brian Baird, Aug 15, 2005
  4. Robbie

    [BnH] Guest

    Most consumer digital cameras with its software is able to do this.
    A lot of vendor doing small cubicle studio like photos is doing this.
    12x zoom is another problem tho . :)

    =bob=

    [BnH], Aug 15, 2005
  5. Robbie

    Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:29:06 -0400, Robbie <> wrote:

    > My friend wants a still cam that shows the picture preview on the PC monitor,
    > and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...
    >
    > Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!

    Check out the Canon S2 IS. It has 12X zoom and can be fully controlled by the computer.
    , Aug 15, 2005
  6. Robbie

    SteveJ Guest

    Why is it nowdays everybody has to have a damn computer to operate anything.
    Its like they have to have a mouse in their hand to use a camera.

    SteveJ, Aug 15, 2005
  7. Robbie

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:29:06 -0400, Robbie wrote:

    > My friend wants a still cam that shows the picture preview on the PC monitor,
    > and then lets you take the picture when you see what you want...
    >
    > Are there digital cameras that work like that? He also wants x12 zoom!
    >
    > thanks!

    Thats going to be a lot to carry around.
    --
    Neil
    Delete delete to reply by email
    Neil Ellwood, Aug 15, 2005
  8. Well if it's a digital camera, it pretty much is a computer of sorts.

    Paul Schilter, Aug 15, 2005
  9. Robbie

    Proteus Guest

    Neil Ellwood wrote:

    > Thats going to be a lot to carry around.

    No carrying needed if the purpose is for studio work, photographing models.
    I have heard of photographers doing this, to see on a larger screen what
    the shot will look like, etc. (instead of peeking through viewfinder, can
    look at monitor of laptop/etc and have camera on tripod, focus more energy
    on model, poses, lighting, reflectors, etc.
    Proteus, Aug 15, 2005
  10. Robbie

    Proteus Guest

    SteveJ wrote:

    > Why is it nowdays everybody has to have a damn computer to operate
    > anything. ...

    LOL. Once the nucs hit and the magnetic storm wipes out computers, we are
    all screwed!!!! hehe
    Proteus, Aug 15, 2005
  11. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:10:20 -0500, Proteus <> wrote:

    >Neil Ellwood wrote:
    >
    >..
    >> Thats going to be a lot to carry around.

    >No carrying needed if the purpose is for studio work, photographing models.
    >I have heard of photographers doing this, to see on a larger screen what
    >the shot will look like, etc. (instead of peeking through viewfinder, can
    >look at monitor of laptop/etc and have camera on tripod, focus more energy
    >on model, poses, lighting, reflectors, etc.

    You nailed it!
    Robbie, Aug 16, 2005