    about the sound, but on my side the sound was with a stutter.

    thx for your help
    françois
    Guest, Nov 2, 2007

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    <> schreef in bericht
    news:fgf899$q17$1.ov.home.nl...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I'm a user of a spa3000 for a year now in combi with a linksys wrt54g
    > router, and it is working fine here.
    > But i installed a spa3000 last week at my sister's place, and the

    connection
    > is bad. She has a speedtouch 580 router/modem.
    > Is this a problem with this router/modem and what do you recommend. I

    looked
    > at the linksys WAG200G,is this an option?
    > Strange is that when i called to the US yesterday, they had no complains
    > about the sound, but on my side the sound was with a stutter.
    >
    > thx for your help
    > françois

    My sister has ADSL and my internet connection is cable
    Guest, Nov 2, 2007

  3. Guest

    alexd Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm a user of a spa3000 for a year now in combi with a linksys wrt54g
    > router, and it is working fine here.
    > But i installed a spa3000 last week at my sister's place, and the
    > connection is bad. She has a speedtouch 580 router/modem.
    > Is this a problem with this router/modem and what do you recommend. I
    > looked at the linksys WAG200G,is this an option?
    > Strange is that when i called to the US yesterday, they had no complains
    > about the sound, but on my side the sound was with a stutter.

    Audio quality issues tend to be caused by problems with the internet
    connection, rather than a fault with the SIP hardware or the configuration
    thereof.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    50,000 watts of funking power
    alexd, Nov 2, 2007
  4. Guest

    TheFug Guest

    schreef:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I'm a user of a spa3000 for a year now in combi with a linksys wrt54g
    > router, and it is working fine here.
    > But i installed a spa3000 last week at my sister's place, and the connection
    > is bad. She has a speedtouch 580 router/modem.
    > Is this a problem with this router/modem and what do you recommend. I looked
    > at the linksys WAG200G,is this an option?
    > Strange is that when i called to the US yesterday, they had no complains
    > about the sound, but on my side the sound was with a stutter.
    >
    > thx for your help
    > françois

    Sometimes you can have a bad connection, because of any provider that is
    on your route of call, it can be the bad support of a voice codec, or
    the "adjustment" has to be transcoded in realtime...

    about the Speedtouch580, i had problems with log into the server menu, i
    guess any router is better, i now have a Sweex, in combo with SPA3102
    gateway, option of HDCP and QoS not switched on in the SPA, and i have a
    good connection that way..
    "they say" that a pure, only a adsl modem connected to the SPA, works
    best, because you also let the SPA route the traffic, but i guess you
    should test differend setup's, and make it not too complicated....
    Also best is to use same brand hardware, and "classes" in protocol, like
    G, or only pre-N from the same brand, or some all in one box like the
    Fritzbox.....because for every device you have to seperate login, and
    configure, or change addresses when they conflict...

    --
    The Fug.
    TheFug, Nov 2, 2007