    Hi

    Was thinking between the Canon s400 and the newest very slim Sony digital
    cameras. Which one is a better choice?

    S f S, Feb 22, 2004

  2. S f S

    John Welton Guest

    If you have a BestBuy nearby, go and play with it. I was there yesterday and
    this thing is very impressive, fits very easy in your front pants pocket,
    zeiss lens, docking cradle, instant on, nice zoom, 5.1 mp - this is about
    as good as it gets for quick grab shots. Hey, photography is about taking
    pictures and not lugging around a lot of stuff (or kicking yourself for not
    bringing all that stuff and miss that great shot.

    John Welton, Feb 22, 2004

  3. S f S

    Larry Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > If you have a BestBuy nearby, go and play with it. I was there yesterday and
    > this thing is very impressive, fits very easy in your front pants pocket,
    > zeiss lens, docking cradle, instant on, nice zoom, 5.1 mp - this is about
    > as good as it gets for quick grab shots. Hey, photography is about taking
    > pictures and not lugging around a lot of stuff (or kicking yourself for not
    > bringing all that stuff and miss that great shot.

    Exactly the reasons I LOVE my Sony V1!!!

    I have not seen the T1 but it probably uses the same sensor.

    Dont get me wrong, I like BIG CLUNKY cameras also, but small ones that work well are a
    blessing for a person who (like me) LIVES to take pictures.

    I carry the V1 in a jacket pocket, and in Summer, I'll wear shirts with oversize pockets, so
    I can take it everywhere.

    I have the 717, even clunkier than most dslr's but when I need it, I need it, but it cant go
    everywhere I go without a camera bag.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Feb 23, 2004
  4. S f S

    Jay Bollyn Guest

    "S f S" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Was thinking between the Canon s400 and the newest very slim Sony digital
    > cameras. Which one is a better choice?

    I have the new Sony; don't know anything about the Canon. I can tell you,
    the people to whom I have shown the Sony, say it is way cool. I bought it on
    impulse, without any product comparison. It is replacing a Fuji 2600Z (2
    megapixel), which I doubt I will ever use again. The Sony is very
    pocket-size, which is important to me. I know practically nothing about
    photography. I am a LAN admin, so I use the camera to take quick shots of
    network stuff. I FTP upload the JPGs to my website, and then provide the
    link to whomever needs to see the image. I like to use maximum JPG quality,
    in case the image needs to be printed.

    I realize my old 2 Megapixel is satisfactory for my usage, but it is way too
    bulky to be realistically considered pocket-size. I imagine I will sell it
    on eBay, or just let it collect dust in my junk drawer.

    -- Jay

    Jay Bollyn, Feb 24, 2004
  5. S f S

    S f S Guest

    Thank you all for the input aout this Sony. I am selling the Sony DSC-P9. Is
    the T-1 smaller in every way, and better in everyway?

    Cheeers,
    Sussan
    You may Email me taking off my name from my Email address in the header of
    this posted message.

    S f S, Feb 25, 2004
  6. S f S

    Jay Bollyn Guest

    "S f S" <> wrote in message

    > Thank you all for the input aout this Sony. I am selling the Sony DSC-P9.

    Is
    > the T-1 smaller in every way, and better in everyway?
    >
    > Cheeers,
    > Sussan
    > You may Email me taking off my name from my Email address in the header

    of
    > this posted message.

    According to the manual which is included with the DSC-T1, p, 112:

    91x60x21 mm

    (3 5/8 by 2 3/8 by 2 7/32)

    (W/H/D)

    The metric measurements may be correct. I don't know, since I don't have a
    metric ruler.

    The depth of 2 7/32 inches is incorrect in the manual. My rough measurement
    is 7/8 inches for the depth.

    The manual is apparently not online yet.

    -- Jay

    Jay Bollyn, Feb 25, 2004
  7. S f S

    Jay Bollyn Guest

    "Jay Bollyn" <> wrote in message
    > "S f S" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Thank you all for the input aout this Sony. I am selling the Sony

    DSC-P9.
    > Is
    > > the T-1 smaller in every way, and better in everyway?
    > >
    > > Cheeers,
    > > Sussan
    > > You may Email me taking off my name from my Email address in the header

    > of
    > > this posted message.
    > >

    > According to the manual which is included with the DSC-T1, p, 112:
    >
    > 91x60x21 mm
    >
    > (3 5/8 by 2 3/8 by 2 7/32)
    >
    > (W/H/D)
    >
    > The metric measurements may be correct. I don't know, since I don't have a
    > metric ruler.
    >
    > The depth of 2 7/32 inches is incorrect in the manual. My rough

    measurement
    > is 7/8 inches for the depth.
    >
    > The manual is apparently not online yet.
    >
    > -- Jay

    See here for an online review. Other cameras are also reviewed in this
    issue:

    -- Jay

    Jay Bollyn, Feb 28, 2004