    MCP and MCDST when applying for jobs, or on a Business Card?

    Many thanks

    Mike

    Mike Hardesty, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Mike Hardesty

    PoppinFresh Guest

    Mike, part of being a successful Microsoft certified professional is being
    resourceful. Each of your questions has been asked and answered at least
    twice in this very forum already. You may also Google such information, or
    find it in many places on Microsoft's official web site. When you ask a
    question that has already been adequately answered, you take time away from
    those whose new questions could otherwise be answered by a valued,
    knowledgeable contributor to this forum who might not have the time or desire
    to sort through repeated questions.

    That said, your 'score' is your exam score. Only you and Microsoft will
    ever know it; it does not show on your transcript for employers.

    You may use "MCP" and the accompanying logo on cards and stationery
    according to Microsoft guidelines upon completion of your first exam; then
    you are allowed to use "MCDST" and its accompanying logo according to the
    same guidelines upon completion of the certification.

    I hope this helps, and that your forum etiquette is thus strengthened.

    PoppinFresh, Sep 10, 2004

  3. PoppinFresh,

    There are at most, 3-4 new posts on this forum during it's busiest day!
    Majority of questions being asked cannot be classed as those demanding
    answers from a highly knowledgeable contributor either.
    With regards to forum etiquette. I don't think that replying to somebody as
    though you were talking to a 3 year old is considered etiquette. There are
    numerous questions that have been asked on this forum and have received a
    very unnecessary sarcastic response. It doens't surprise me that it's so
    quiet!
    All you needed to do was answer the guys question, and if you don't have
    time to do so, then leave it for somebody who does and doesn't mind helping
    out.

    Brighton

    Brighton Rocks, Sep 14, 2004
  4. Mike Hardesty

    T-Bone Guest

    "Brighton Rocks" <> wrote
    > There are at most, 3-4 new posts on this forum during it's busiest day!
    > Majority of questions being asked cannot be classed as those demanding
    > answers from a highly knowledgeable contributor either.

    Keep this in mind as we go on with the rest of your post.

    > With regards to forum etiquette. I don't think that replying to somebody

    as
    > though you were talking to a 3 year old is considered etiquette. There

    are
    > numerous questions that have been asked on this forum and have received a
    > very unnecessary sarcastic response.

    Part of the reasoning behind this is that those who are knowledgeable have
    either moved on out of frustration or become cynical. Thus the questions
    that actually do get answered come from these individuals. I realize that
    MCDST is new, but it has quickly become part of the realm of "paper
    certifications" that are attributed to Microsoft.

    Hopefully, by getting the responses they do, people will learn how to find
    more answers for themselves and learn the material themselves. Basically it
    the old story of giving a man a fish versus teaching him to fish.

    > All you needed to do was answer the guys question, and if you don't have
    > time to do so, then leave it for somebody who does and doesn't mind

    helping
    > out.

    Consider it an education in usenet. Its much worse in other places.
    Hopefully by learning to work independently and ask better question we can
    all work together to weed out the dumpers and make our certifications more
    valuable.

    T-Bone, Sep 14, 2004
  5. So what's the point of having a forum where questions are being answered by
    "frustrated techies" that are fighting over who can be the most sarcastic!
    You say about moving on, yet they still hang around here mocking people's
    spelling and grammar! And then have the front to place all their
    qualification letters after their alias to make out as they are
    "super-clever"!! Obviously the sarcastic remarks are there then to cover the
    fact that they have no idea how to answer the question!
    New-to-the-industry type people that are posting questions here have already
    been resourceful by finding this site, and then get met by sarcastic answers
    to questions that are important to them. Maybe Microsoft should create an
    exam that concentrates on the PR side of IT eh! Reckon they'd make a fortune.
    People highly overate themselves when they get a job in IT.

    Brighton Rocks, Sep 16, 2004
  6. Mike Hardesty

    PoppinFresh Guest

    If you would please consider my orginal answer to Mr. Hardesty's posting,
    you'll see that I not only answered both of his questions thoroughly, but I
    directed him to other resources he might use to find such answers on his own
    in the future.

    I do not see how this meets any of your qualifications as "sarcastic,"
    "clever," "mocking," or to paraphrase you, "covering the fact that I have no
    idea how to answer the question" in any way; I answered the question
    informatively.

    Furthermore, I have made no effort to display any abbreviated qualifications
    after my name. If you look at the few posts I've made to this forum, you
    will see that they have all been made in the spirit of useful contribution.

    It's actually the bitterly motiviated contributors such as yourself that
    discourage my further participation; not those who post asking repeated
    questions. Your complaint does little to assist anyone in this forum.

    PoppinFresh, Sep 16, 2004
  7. My complaint wasn't based soley around you! Can you read? Can you read
    constructively? Can you read actively?

    Brighton Rocks, Sep 17, 2004