is the philips 642 still the best for playing avi,divx,xvid off a dvd or is there a newer better mod

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Guest, Jun 23, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    have a look at the 2006 Philips models that use the

    Guest, Jun 23, 2006

  2. Guest

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    <news-server.stny.rr.com> wrote:
    >have a look at the 2006 Philips models that use the
    >>>MediaTek chipset. The DVP5490 can be made region free with a quick remote
    >>>hack, and by all acounts has significantly better image quality than the
    >>>aging DVP642. It also supports more DIVX/XVID encoding schemes and
    >>>natively supports subtitles

    If you're going to quote my posting (without attribution) at least you can
    do a little research and (as I did with the original posting) correct the
    typo! The model I was referring to is the DVP5960.

    Mike S., Jun 23, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:07:39 +0000 (UTC), (Mike S.)
    wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > <news-server.stny.rr.com> wrote:
    >>have a look at the 2006 Philips models that use the

    >If you're going to quote my posting (without attribution) at least you can
    >do a little research and (as I did with the original posting) correct the
    >typo! The model I was referring to is the DVP5960.

    o god i'am sorry forgot i left part of your post in here. was never
    ment for a quote your post sorry again

    Guest, Jun 23, 2006