    fixed is this really true?

    Thanks.
    --
    Calergin, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Calergin

    Don Coon Guest

    "Calergin" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Ya, I know people have scanned the manual and are selling copies.
    >
    > Is there someplace on the web where I can get the PDF downloaded for free.
    >
    > My camera Coolpix 950 has the switch problem and I want to see what kind

    of
    > effort it is to replace it.
    >
    > Where would the best place be to buy a replacment switch and how bad is it
    > to get in a do it. I am very experienced fixing small electronics and

    have
    > no problems taking this stuff apart and fixing it.
    >
    > I read once the switch itself was not something that can be taken apart

    and
    > fixed is this really true?
    >
    > Thanks.

    If your switch problem is due to dirty contacts, you're in luck.
    http://www.nightskyevents.com/Nikon950repair.html
    Don Coon, Jan 1, 2004

  3. "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
    []
    > If your switch problem is due to dirty contacts, you're in luck.
    > http://www.nightskyevents.com/Nikon950repair.html

    But it's far easier, and almost as effective, to dribble a small amount of
    switch cleaner down around the mode switch. No disassembly required.
    (This works well on a 990, anyway).

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Calergin

    Don Coon Guest

    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit> wrote in
    message news:7hTIb.3561$...
    > "Don Coon" <coondw_nospam@hotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
    > []
    > > If your switch problem is due to dirty contacts, you're in luck.
    > > http://www.nightskyevents.com/Nikon950repair.html

    > But it's far easier, and almost as effective, to dribble a small amount of
    > switch cleaner down around the mode switch. No disassembly required.
    > (This works well on a 990, anyway).
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    You sure don't have much to lose trying this approach first, but I will say
    that the "Nikon950repair" procedure is much simpler than it comes across on
    the author's page. I found the tools at Wal-Mart for about $2.50 and used
    tuner cleaner. Worked like a charm : )
    Don Coon, Jan 1, 2004