    What do you guys reckon? Having travelled for the last 5months and landing
    up in Australia, money is pretty limited. Will the MCSE be a good value for
    money investment or should I look towards other certifications.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFsY29sbQ==?=, Nov 29, 2004

  2. MCSE is becoming the entry level qualification for many jobs, so yes, MCSE
    2003 is worth getting. Keep in mind that doing either Security or Exchange
    as electives may help getting a job.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz

    "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    > I interested in doing my MCSE, however am wondering if this is the best

    path
    > at the moment in terms of price and value to a company.
    >
    > I've been doing desktop support for a couple years, and 2 years of server
    > support on Microsoft Server Enivorment. Working with Exchange 5.5/2000,
    > Active Directory, Terminal Services, Security & Policy management and ISA.

    > have a decent understanding of these products and technologies and was
    > thinking that the MCSE would be an ideal way to concrete my knowledge in

    this

    Wayne McGlinn, Nov 29, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFsY29sbQ==?=

    Herb Martin Guest

    "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    > I interested in doing my MCSE, however am wondering if this is the best

    path
    > at the moment in terms of price and value to a company.

    Depends on several things: you, your ability to learn, and
    the method you use.

    > I've been doing desktop support for a couple years, and 2 years of server
    > support on Microsoft Server Enivorment. Working with Exchange 5.5/2000,
    > Active Directory, Terminal Services, Security & Policy management and ISA.

    > have a decent understanding of these products and technologies and was
    > thinking that the MCSE would be an ideal way to concrete my knowledge in

    this
    > area.

    Then if you approach the MCSE correctly you will not
    only achieve the certification but use the process to really
    learn the products correctly.

    > What do you guys reckon? Having travelled for the last 5months and landing
    > up in Australia, money is pretty limited. Will the MCSE be a good value

    for
    > money investment or should I look towards other certifications.

    You can do it for less than $1000 if you use self-study.

    If you don't learn enough to be worth a $1000, or even $10k,
    more then you aren't doing it right.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Nov 29, 2004