Is The FW Secured?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ste, Oct 28, 2004.

  1. Ste

    Ste Guest

    Hi,

    I recently put a server with Oracle Db behind a FW. NAT is used for LAN
    users to get services from the server, while its ip is in different
    subnet with LAN. Ports opened are only limited to ftp, telnet, oracle,
    ping, and sendmail. Only connection to outside world for this server is
    through sqlnet, and it can send emails but not receive emails.

    I am challenged by some top gun with question of "can this server
    be seen while someone hack into LAN".

    I believed it is secured:
    1) it uses different subnet and uses NAT
    2) its services are limited and only those ports are open
    3) user accounts are already there.

    I really want to hear different views to help me sort things out.

    VERY Appreciated!

    Ste

    Ste, Oct 28, 2004