    Could some one post a review of the extras on thius exclusive disc at Best Buy?
    I thinking of buying it. But, Best Buy is asking a little more for the set.
    Is the featurette worth it?

    Bobcancel, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Bobcancel

    Wade365 Guest

    << Could some one post a review of the extras on thius exclusive disc at Best
    Buy?
    I thinking of buying it. But, Best Buy is asking a little more for the set.
    Is the featurette worth it? >>

    It's a ten minute "Making Of" and from what I've read so far the answer is
    "no".

    Wade365, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Bobcancel

    trikster Guest

    The disc is OK, mildly amusing at best. It's about ten minutes long and is
    basically a standard marketing documentary with some behind the scenes
    footage. During interviews with Spielberg and Lucas, they discuss the
    origins of the film's concept as well as how great the finished movie is
    going to be. The picture is grainy and there are some pops and cracks in
    the soundtrack because no clean-up was done on it.

    I haven't watched any of the features on the bonus disc so I can't say if
    you get anything with this extra Best Buy disc that you can't see on the
    other discs. Probably not. Personally I wanted to have everything so if
    the Best Buy disc is a couple of extra bucks than you could get it at
    Walmart, it's worth it to me. To tell you the truth, I paid 44.99 for the
    set which is slightly cheaper than most online retailers I purchase from
    (DVDempire, DVDplanet, Amazon.com) so it really wasn't an issue for me.

    trikster, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Bobcancel

    WJM Guest

    "trikster" <> wrote

    > I haven't watched any of the features on the bonus disc so I can't say if
    > you get anything with this extra Best Buy disc that you can't see on the
    > other discs. Probably not. Personally I wanted to have everything so if
    > the Best Buy disc is a couple of extra bucks than you could get it at
    > Walmart, it's worth it to me.

    No one should EVER buy anything al Wal-Mart.

    Wal-Mart is single handedly destroying portions of the U.S. economy (read
    Time magazine's recent article or search google for more info).

    WJM, Oct 25, 2003
  5. Bobcancel

    Wade365 Guest

    << Wal-Mart is single handedly destroying portions of the U.S. economy (read
    Time magazine's recent article or search google for more info). >>

    So do drugs, teenage sex... "The Sky Is Falling! The Sky IS Falling!"

    Wade365, Oct 25, 2003
  6. Bobcancel

    WJM Guest

    "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > << Wal-Mart is single handedly destroying portions of the U.S. economy

    (read
    > Time magazine's recent article or search google for more info). >>
    >
    > So do drugs, teenage sex... "The Sky Is Falling! The Sky IS Falling!"

    Don't try to minimize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

    WJM, Oct 26, 2003
  7. Bobcancel

    Guest

    Bobcancel <> wrote:
    : Could some one post a review of the extras on thius exclusive disc at Best Buy?
    : I thinking of buying it. But, Best Buy is asking a little more for the set.
    : Is the featurette worth it?

    It ain't much but Best Buy had it on sale this weekend and one
    of the CSRs helped me paw through the pile looking for a WS with
    the extra disc. I think I paid $44.99 or thereabouts. Close
    enough to DDD that I would have bought it even without the extra
    disc which just has a ~10 minute "making of" type thing that
    isn't really worth having unless you absolutely positively must
    have every possible item related to the DVD release. :)

    Jamie

    , Oct 26, 2003
  8. WJM wrote:

    > "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    >
    >><< Wal-Mart is single handedly destroying portions of the U.S. economy

    > (read
    >
    >>Time magazine's recent article or search google for more info). >>
    >>
    >>So do drugs, teenage sex... "The Sky Is Falling! The Sky IS Falling!"
    >>

    > Don't try to minimize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

    Don't try to maximize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

    What is being said about WalMart used to be said about Sears and Roebuck.

    Matthew

    --
    <http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

    Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
    You can't break even.
    You can't get out of the game.

    Matthew L. Martin, Oct 26, 2003
  9. Bobcancel

    revoltnow Guest

    "Matthew L. Martin" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > WJM wrote:
    >
    > > "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >><< Wal-Mart is single handedly destroying portions of the U.S. economy

    > > (read
    > >
    > >>Time magazine's recent article or search google for more info). >>
    > >>
    > >>So do drugs, teenage sex... "The Sky Is Falling! The Sky IS Falling!"
    > >>

    > > Don't try to minimize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

    > Don't try to maximize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.
    >
    > What is being said about WalMart used to be said about Sears and Roebuck.
    >
    > Matthew

    Please do not compare apples to oranges in an attempt to justify
    WalMart's predatory and illegal behavior. When Sears & Roebuck was a
    dominant retailer their employees were NOT paid poverty wages and
    "encouraged" by their employer to apply for Federal Govt assistance,
    etc.

    Back to the original question. The extra BestBuy DVD is not worth
    going out of your way for. It only contains a 10min promo from 1980
    promoting the "upcoming" Raiders of the Lost Ark. The included 4th
    Bonus disc contains a very well made "Making of" for each one of the
    films making the extra disc unnecessary.

    revoltnow, Oct 27, 2003
  10. revoltnow wrote:
    > "Matthew L. Martin" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >
    >>WJM wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Wade365" <> wrote in message

    >>>(read

    >>>Don't try to minimize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

    >>Don't try to maximize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.
    >>
    >>What is being said about WalMart used to be said about Sears and Roebuck.
    >>
    >>Matthew

    > Please do not compare apples to oranges in an attempt to justify
    > WalMart's predatory and illegal behavior. When Sears & Roebuck was a
    > dominant retailer their employees were NOT paid poverty wages and
    > "encouraged" by their employer to apply for Federal Govt assistance,
    > etc.

    Walmart pays a wage that attracts the people who are willing to work for
    that little. That is not illegal. Suggesting that workers who are having
    financial trouble investigate government programs is not illegal. What
    is Walmart doing that is illegal?

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Oct 31, 2003
  11. Bobcancel

    WJM Guest

    > WJM wrote:
    >
    > > "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >><< Wal-Mart is single handedly destroying portions of the U.S. economy

    > > (read
    > >
    > >>Time magazine's recent article or search google for more info). >>
    > >>
    > >>So do drugs, teenage sex... "The Sky Is Falling! The Sky IS Falling!"
    > >>

    > > Don't try to minimize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

    > Don't try to maximize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.
    >
    > What is being said about WalMart used to be said about Sears and Roebuck.

    Again you show your ignorance and limited economic understanding. Sears and
    Roebuck was NEVER even close to where Wal-Mart is at it terms of overall
    negative economic impact. Someone else said apples and oranges. It's more
    like apples and orangutans.

    Do your self a favor and pick up a Business Week or a Wall Street Journal
    and actually read it rather than rely on whatever "sources" you have used to
    date to gain whatever economic "knowledge" you possess.

    WJM, Nov 1, 2003
  12. WJM wrote:

    > "Matthew L. Martin" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>WJM wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Wade365" <> wrote in message

    >>>(read

    >>>Don't try to minimize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.

    >>Don't try to maximize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.
    >>
    >>What is being said about WalMart used to be said about Sears and Roebuck.
    >>

    > Again you show your ignorance and limited economic understanding. Sears and
    > Roebuck was NEVER even close to where Wal-Mart is at it terms of overall
    > negative economic impact. Someone else said apples and oranges. It's more
    > like apples and orangutans.
    >
    > Do your self a favor and pick up a Business Week or a Wall Street Journal
    > and actually read it rather than rely on whatever "sources" you have used to
    > date to gain whatever economic "knowledge" you possess.

    You don't know your history.

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Nov 1, 2003
  13. Bobcancel

    WJM Guest

    > WJM wrote:
    >
    > > "Matthew L. Martin" <> wrote in message

    > >>Don't try to maximize it when you clearly don't comprehend it.
    > >>
    > >>What is being said about WalMart used to be said about Sears and

    Roebuck.

    > > Again you show your ignorance and limited economic understanding. Sears

    and
    > > Roebuck was NEVER even close to where Wal-Mart is at it terms of overall
    > > negative economic impact. Someone else said apples and oranges. It's

    more
    > > like apples and orangutans.
    > >
    > > Do your self a favor and pick up a Business Week or a Wall Street

    Journal
    > > and actually read it rather than rely on whatever "sources" you have

    used to
    > > date to gain whatever economic "knowledge" you possess.

    > You don't know your history.

    Until you either learn something about economics (and history as well as
    recent history), you really aren't credible. Hence, this conversation is
    pointless and I'm finished with it.

    WJM, Nov 1, 2003
  14. WJM wrote:

    > Until you either learn something about economics (and history as well as
    > recent history), you really aren't credible. Hence, this conversation is
    > pointless and I'm finished with it.

    Since you haven't backed up a single assertion you have made, you are
    the one that was having a pointless conversation.

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Nov 2, 2003
  15. Bobcancel

    Eric R. Guest

    (revoltnow) wrote in message

    > Please do not compare apples to oranges in an attempt to justify
    > WalMart's predatory and illegal behavior.

    I'm sorry, is there a business out there that ISN'T predatory? Even
    crappy mom & pop would love nothing better than to run the other
    crappy mom & pops in their neighborhood out of business. And, believe
    it or not, they sometimes do illegal stuff too.

    And Walmart (like Best Buy and other "evil" big retailers) doesn't
    suck-ass like most of the local-yokel mom & pops.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Nov 3, 2003
  16. "Eric R." <> wrote in message
    > (revoltnow) wrote in message
    >

    > And Walmart (like Best Buy and other "evil" big retailers) doesn't
    > suck-ass like most of the local-yokel mom & pops.

    Discount stores were a response to the fixed prices and rip off practices of
    mom and pop shops in the 50s. If you read about these shops, little tv and
    radio shops, etc. of the era you will discover many fraudulent techniques
    they used to use. Selling last year's stereo as this year's model, price
    collusion and so forth. It took a huge fight by the discounters to overcome
    the inertia and laws protecting the collusive relationship between
    manufacturers and the shops to prevent discounting. They essentially tried
    to outlaw discounting---but failed.

    I always hear how little shops give you service. My experience is they
    always give you the shaft.

    Steve

    Steve Knoblock, Nov 3, 2003
  17. Bobcancel

    Eric R. Guest

    "Steve Knoblock" <> wrote in message

    > I always hear how little shops give you service. My experience is they
    > always give you the shaft.

    Yeah, and their selection sucks too.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Nov 6, 2003