is the current SCO denial of service attack bogus ?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Daeron, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. Daeron

    Daeron Guest

    Innocents Caught in SCO-Linux Cross Fire
    Peter Galli Aug 27 2003

    [..]

    "Each DDoS attack aimed at SCO over the past 4 months has crippled not
    only SCO, but Centershift as well," James Hafen, Centershift's chief
    technical officer and senior vice president, told eWEEK in an e-mail
    on Wednesday.

    "Stepping aside from the issues of how, architecturally, this would
    have spilled over into Centershift's domain, it should be known that
    bystanders are being injured as this war rages on," Hafen added.

    [..]

    Hafen responded by admitting that his company did indeed have issues
    with its hosting company and was taking action on that front.

    'Stepping aside .. architecturally' ??? translation: I made an
    unfounded statement and cannot back it up with hard facts. I wonder is
    the current DDOS attack equally bogus ?

    Daeron, Feb 1, 2004