    Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?

    Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?

    Slick
    Dr. Slick, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Dr. Slick

    John O. Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm thinking of getting the Canon powershot G3, it seems to get very good
    > ratings.
    >
    > I'm gonna be doing glamour and fashion photography with models, and
    > taking photos of my paintings.
    >
    > Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?
    >
    > Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?
    >

    > Slick

    Sorry..... what does the G3 have to do with photoshop and slides?

    --
    John O.
    There is no slack in light attack.
    John O., Aug 27, 2003

  3. Dr. Slick

    Curt Guest

    (Dr. Slick) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm thinking of getting the Canon powershot G3, it seems to get very good
    > ratings.
    >
    > I'm gonna be doing glamour and fashion photography with models, and
    > taking photos of my paintings.
    >
    > Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?
    >
    > Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?
    >

    > Slick

    If you are thinking about slides as in slide film, yes.
    You are better of with a analog camera for that.
    If you want to transfer them to powerpoint slides that is very easy.

    /Curt
    Curt, Aug 27, 2003
  4. Dr. Slick

    Winston Guest

    (Dr. Slick) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm thinking of getting the Canon powershot G3, it seems to get very good
    > ratings.
    >
    > I'm gonna be doing glamour and fashion photography with models, and
    > taking photos of my paintings.
    >
    > Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?
    >
    > Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?
    >

    > Slick

    Get a digital SLR. You won't like the background ALWAYS being in focus
    shooting models.....unless you only shoot in a studio, then it's fine.
    Winston, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Dr. Slick

    smitty Guest

    > Get a digital SLR. You won't like the background ALWAYS being in focus
    > shooting models.....unless you only shoot in a studio, then it's fine.

    The G3 can make the background out of focus too, if that is what you want. You can change the aperture
    on it, or use the automatic "portrait" mode setting.
    smitty, Aug 27, 2003
  6. Dr. Slick

    Dr. Slick Guest

    John O. <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm thinking of getting the Canon powershot G3, it seems to get very good
    > > ratings.
    > >
    > > I'm gonna be doing glamour and fashion photography with models, and
    > > taking photos of my paintings.
    > >
    > > Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?
    > >
    > > Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?
    > >

    > > Slick
    > >

    > Sorry..... what does the G3 have to do with photoshop and slides?

    Well, i'm gonna have to download it to something, right?

    Slick
    Dr. Slick, Aug 27, 2003
  7. Dr. Slick

    Dr. Slick Guest

    (Winston) wrote in message news:<>...

    > Get a digital SLR. You won't like the background ALWAYS being in focus
    > shooting models.....unless you only shoot in a studio, then it's fine.

    I appologize, i know next to nothing about cameras.

    That's a single lens reflex eh? Why won't the Powershot G3 let
    me blur the background if i want?

    Can you recomend a model? Brand?

    Slick
    Dr. Slick, Aug 27, 2003
  8. Dr. Slick

    reg-john Guest

    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I'm thinking of getting the Canon powershot G3, it seems to get

    very good
    > > > ratings.
    > > >
    > > > I'm gonna be doing glamour and fashion photography with models,

    and
    > > > taking photos of my paintings.
    > > >
    > > > Will it be easy to transfer the photoshop images to slides?
    > > >
    > > > Or should i get a dedicated 35mm for the slides?
    > > >

    > > > Slick

    > > If you are thinking about slides as in slide film, yes.
    > > You are better of with a analog camera for that.
    > > If you want to transfer them to powerpoint slides that is very easy.
    > >
    > > /Curt

    > Yeah, 35mm slide transparencies, the stuff art galleries usually
    > want.
    >
    > But supposedly you can send a CD of your digital files to a lab
    > that will make slides out of them. Is this really expensive?

    whats the point? just buy a film SLR, youll get better results for what you
    want.

    reg-john, Aug 29, 2003