    resolved through this company (I saw a few posts from back in 2003) ).

    What should my next step be? I can't use my flash new PC because the
    constant clicking of the fan blades is driving me mad!
    The Hobbit, Sep 11, 2007

  2. The Hobbit

    Bruce Knox Guest

    On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:53:45 -0700, The Hobbit <>
    wrote:

    >A number of weeks ago, I bought a case from http://www.tastech.co.nz/
    >and it arrived pretty quickly (which was nice), however, on unpacking
    >and plugging everything together, I've found that the fan blades
    >inside the power supply are actually scuffing against the fan casing
    >itself.
    >I sent an enail asking about the RMA procedure, followed it up a week
    >later, have called the 03 number several times only to be told the
    >mailbox is full, called the cell phone listed and txted messages to
    >that too - but nothing, no reply, not a sausage.
    >Is this guy on holiday? Has anyone else had problems getting things
    >resolved through this company (I saw a few posts from back in 2003) ).
    >
    >What should my next step be? I can't use my flash new PC because the
    >constant clicking of the fan blades is driving me mad!

    We had a problem with the cable for a portable hard drive bought from
    them. I did not handle it but think we never got a responce from them
    (or make any contact at all). I think we just gave up in the end as it
    was only a cheap cable.

    Bruce http://www.baggins.co.nz
    http://physio.otago.ac.nz
    Bruce Knox, Sep 11, 2007

  3. The Hobbit

    Greg House Guest

    On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:15:36 +1200, Bruce Knox <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:53:45 -0700, The Hobbit <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>A number of weeks ago, I bought a case from http://www.tastech.co.nz/
    >>and it arrived pretty quickly (which was nice), however, on unpacking
    >>and plugging everything together, I've found that the fan blades
    >>inside the power supply are actually scuffing against the fan casing
    >>itself.
    >>I sent an enail asking about the RMA procedure, followed it up a week
    >>later, have called the 03 number several times only to be told the
    >>mailbox is full, called the cell phone listed and txted messages to
    >>that too - but nothing, no reply, not a sausage.
    >>Is this guy on holiday? Has anyone else had problems getting things
    >>resolved through this company (I saw a few posts from back in 2003) ).
    >>
    >>What should my next step be? I can't use my flash new PC because the
    >>constant clicking of the fan blades is driving me mad!

    >We had a problem with the cable for a portable hard drive bought from
    >them. I did not handle it but think we never got a responce from them
    >(or make any contact at all). I think we just gave up in the end as it
    >was only a cheap cable.
    >
    >Bruce http://www.baggins.co.nz
    > http://physio.otago.ac.nz

    This should be dead easy to fix yourself, me thinks that the case was dropped causing the fan to
    shift on its mountings..
    Greg House, Sep 11, 2007
  4. The Hobbit

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > A number of weeks ago, I bought a case from http://www.tastech.co.nz/
    > and it arrived pretty quickly (which was nice), however, on unpacking
    > and plugging everything together, I've found that the fan blades
    > inside the power supply are actually scuffing against the fan casing
    > itself.
    > I sent an enail asking about the RMA procedure, followed it up a week
    > later, have called the 03 number several times only to be told the
    > mailbox is full, called the cell phone listed and txted messages to
    > that too - but nothing, no reply, not a sausage.
    > Is this guy on holiday? Has anyone else had problems getting things
    > resolved through this company (I saw a few posts from back in 2003) ).
    >
    > What should my next step be? I can't use my flash new PC because the
    > constant clicking of the fan blades is driving me mad!

    I think Grant has dropped his @xtra.co.nz email. (As I had the same
    prob).

    Email him via his email addy on his site - you should get a quick reply.

    http://www.tastech.co.nz (addy is top left IIRC)

    --
    Duncan
    Dave Doe, Sep 11, 2007
  5. The Hobbit

    southern.al

    Joined:
    Apr 24, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Greetings everyone

    I was out searching when I found this thread.

    Having used Tastech in the past I recommended a mate to buy a laptop off Grant.

    The payment went through last week and Grant said it was on its way.

    When it had not arrived by Monday of this week my mate inquired about the laptop and was told by Grant that it was no longer available.

    Grant's last email was that he would then refund the money (that was Tuesday 22 April).

    Since then the money has yet to show...

    Now I'm starting to worry on behalf of my mate who is out of pocket at present.

    Is Tastech in financial trouble? Anyone else having an issue at the moment?

    As I said above I have dealt with Grant in the past and had excellent service but this has soured things a bit. :-( :damnmate:
    southern.al, Apr 24, 2008