    Zag

    "The Ends Justify The Means" ~Niccolo Machiavelli, c. 1550

    "The Means Justify The Means" ~George W. Bush, c. 2000

    Zaghadka, Mar 27, 2007

  2. Zaghadka wrote:

    > Is support.mozilla.firefox usable?
    >
    > Seems like the moderator died. Posts made are not showing up.
    >
    > Is that group active?
    >
    > --
    > Zag
    >

    > "The Ends Justify The Means" ~Niccolo Machiavelli, c. 1550
    >
    > "The Means Justify The Means" ~George W. Bush, c. 2000

    Never heard of it.

    On the other hand, mozilla.support.firefox is a very active group on the
    news.mozilla.org server, indeed, the best place to ask for help.

    By the way, your sig delimiter is broken. It should dash dash space,
    yours is just dash dash.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 27, 2007

  3. Zaghadka

    Zaghadka Guest

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 02:44:08 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    >Zaghadka wrote:
    >
    >> Is support.mozilla.firefox usable?
    >>
    >> Seems like the moderator died. Posts made are not showing up.
    >>
    >> Is that group active?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Zag
    >>

    >> "The Ends Justify The Means" ~Niccolo Machiavelli, c. 1550
    >>
    >> "The Means Justify The Means" ~George W. Bush, c. 2000

    >Never heard of it.
    >
    >On the other hand, mozilla.support.firefox is a very active group on the
    >news.mozilla.org server, indeed, the best place to ask for help.
    >
    >By the way, your sig delimiter is broken. It should dash dash space,
    >yours is just dash dash.

    Thanks for the tip about the sig. I think it's fixed.

    I messed up. The group is indeed mozilla.support.firefox, and I'll have to
    contact Easynews about why no headers are showing up, if it's not just an Agent
    config problem. Right now, it shows up on their server as a group they carry,
    but I get no headers.

    Any ideas?

    Zaghadka, Mar 27, 2007
  4. Zaghadka

    Zaghadka Guest

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 02:55:10 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Zaghadka wrote:

    >On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 02:44:08 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >>Zaghadka wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is support.mozilla.firefox usable?
    >>>
    >>> Seems like the moderator died. Posts made are not showing up.
    >>>
    >>> Is that group active?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Zag
    >>>

    >>> "The Ends Justify The Means" ~Niccolo Machiavelli, c. 1550
    >>>
    >>> "The Means Justify The Means" ~George W. Bush, c. 2000

    >>Never heard of it.
    >>
    >>On the other hand, mozilla.support.firefox is a very active group on the
    >>news.mozilla.org server, indeed, the best place to ask for help.
    >>
    >>By the way, your sig delimiter is broken. It should dash dash space,
    >>yours is just dash dash.
    >>

    >Thanks for the tip about the sig. I think it's fixed.
    >
    >I messed up. The group is indeed mozilla.support.firefox, and I'll have to
    >contact Easynews about why no headers are showing up, if it's not just an Agent
    >config problem. Right now, it shows up on their server as a group they carry,
    >but I get no headers.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Answered my own question. I went straight to the source, as it's a public
    server. Easynews is only *pretending* to support the group, but it looks like
    they haven't received articles in years.

    Can you post without a login as well? I don't really want to hit it with a
    "test" post. ;^)

    Zaghadka, Mar 27, 2007
  5. Zaghadka wrote:

    > On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 02:55:10 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Zaghadka wrote:

    >>> Never heard of it.
    >>>
    >>> On the other hand, mozilla.support.firefox is a very active group on the
    >>> news.mozilla.org server, indeed, the best place to ask for help.
    >>>
    >>> By the way, your sig delimiter is broken. It should dash dash space,
    >>> yours is just dash dash.
    >>>

    >> Thanks for the tip about the sig. I think it's fixed.
    >>
    >> I messed up. The group is indeed mozilla.support.firefox, and I'll have to
    >> contact Easynews about why no headers are showing up, if it's not just an Agent
    >> config problem. Right now, it shows up on their server as a group they carry,
    >> but I get no headers.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > Answered my own question. I went straight to the source, as it's a public
    > server. Easynews is only *pretending* to support the group, but it looks like
    > they haven't received articles in years.
    >
    > Can you post without a login as well? I don't really want to hit it with a
    > "test" post. ;^)

    Sig delimiter fixed!!!!

    There is a group on the news.mozilla.org server called mozilla.test.
    You can test in there forever, and no one will complain.

    There a a bunch of outside servers that try to mirror the groups. Since
    its a free server, anyone can create an account, as long as you have an
    internet connection.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 27, 2007
  6. Zaghadka

    Zaghadka Guest

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 03:10:00 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Leonidas Jones wrote:

    >Zaghadka wrote:

    >>> Thanks for the tip about the sig. I think it's fixed.
    >>>
    >>> I messed up. The group is indeed mozilla.support.firefox, and I'll have to
    >>> contact Easynews about why no headers are showing up, if it's not just an Agent
    >>> config problem. Right now, it shows up on their server as a group they carry,
    >>> but I get no headers.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?

    >> Answered my own question. I went straight to the source, as it's a public
    >> server. Easynews is only *pretending* to support the group, but it looks like
    >> they haven't received articles in years.
    >>
    >> Can you post without a login as well? I don't really want to hit it with a
    >> "test" post. ;^)
    >>

    >Sig delimiter fixed!!!!

    Cool. When I upgraded from Agent 2.0 to 3.0, it compacted all my sigs into one
    single line (per sig). I must've put the CR's back in the wrong place. :^(

    Zaghadka, Mar 27, 2007
  7. Zaghadka

    Zaghadka Guest

    On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 04:05:56 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Zaghadka wrote:

    >On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 03:10:00 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >>Zaghadka wrote:

    >>> Answered my own question. I went straight to the source, as it's a public
    >>> server. Easynews is only *pretending* to support the group, but it looks like
    >>> they haven't received articles in years.
    >>>
    >>> Can you post without a login as well? I don't really want to hit it with a
    >>> "test" post. ;^)
    >>>

    >>Sig delimiter fixed!!!!
    >>

    >Cool. When I upgraded from Agent 2.0 to 3.0, it compacted all my sigs into one
    >single line (per sig). I must've put the CR's back in the wrong place. :^(

    You know, I also just noticed that Agent doesn't care about the trailing space,
    and considers "--" a proper sig delimiter, omitting the sig on reply, which is
    why I didn't notice the problem.

    Maybe Forte's trying to change the standard a la Microsoft? ;^)

    Next thing you know, they'll be replacing all the "--"'s and "''"'s in my
    messages with cutesy Win-1252 codes! <G>

    Makes me want to go and learn Xnews.

    Zaghadka, Mar 28, 2007
  8. Zaghadka wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 04:05:56 GMT, in alt.fan.mozilla, Zaghadka wrote:

    >>> Sig delimiter fixed!!!!
    >>>

    >> Cool. When I upgraded from Agent 2.0 to 3.0, it compacted all my sigs into one
    >> single line (per sig). I must've put the CR's back in the wrong place. :^(

    > You know, I also just noticed that Agent doesn't care about the trailing space,
    > and considers "--" a proper sig delimiter, omitting the sig on reply, which is
    > why I didn't notice the problem.
    >
    > Maybe Forte's trying to change the standard a la Microsoft? ;^)
    >
    > Next thing you know, they'll be replacing all the "--"'s and "''"'s in my
    > messages with cutesy Win-1252 codes! <G>
    >
    > Makes me want to go and learn Xnews.

    Back when I was on Windows, XNews was very promising. I was even able
    to get it to share the same rc files with TB and SeaMonkey.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Mar 28, 2007
  9. On 2007-03-28, Leonidas Jones <> wrote:

    > Back when I was on Windows, XNews was very promising. I was even able
    > to get it to share the same rc files with TB and SeaMonkey.

    Any program that uses the *nix standard newsrc format can share
    newgroups subscription information; e.g. Thunderbird/Mozilla, slrn, tin,
    nn, and apparently Xnews. There are likely many others as this has been
    a standard format for probably 20 years now.

    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Mar 28, 2007