    Hi..I want to send an ISO program to a friend .....can one use a SPLIT/JOIN
    program on an iSO file and if so can one be suggested to use ...

    Many Thanks Ron.

    bonecrusher, Dec 11, 2004

  2. bonecrusher

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 20:55:59 +1300, "bonecrusher" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi..I want to send an ISO program to a friend .....can one use a SPLIT/JOIN
    >program on an iSO file and if so can one be suggested to use ...
    >
    >Many Thanks Ron.

    Sure. It'll take forever to email a 700 meg ISO split into 2-4 meg sections,
    even if you both have broadband. Most ISP's have a mailbox size limit too.
    It would be faster and easier to just mail him a CD.

    "MasterSplitter" http://www.tomasoft.com or
    "HJ-Split" http://freebyte.com/hjsplit/ or
    "Just Another Splitter" http://www.jas-etc.com

    Unk, Dec 11, 2004

  3. bonecrusher

    Parko Guest

    http://www.gdgsoft.com/gsplit/

    --
    Parko
    Temporary sanity has its uses.

    Parko, Dec 11, 2004
  4. bonecrusher wrote:

    > Hi..I want to send an ISO program to a friend .....can one use a
    > SPLIT/JOIN program on an iSO file and if so can one be suggested to use

    You may want to use winrar to compress it at the same time. Winrar allows
    arbitrary "volume" sizes.
    However, e-mailing multiple attachments is no good idea: his mailbox may get
    full before he can even download the parts, some will end up sent back
    clogging your mailbox in return, and confusion will arise.
    Splitting is a good idea because a transfer might get interrupted anytime,
    but also use some online transfer. Ftp programs or even IM (icq, msn
    messenger) with file transfer capabilities come to my mind.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.9-mm1[LinuxCounter#295241]

    Walter Mautner, Dec 11, 2004