    ADSL seems to be down again. It was working fine until about 11:30pm, but
    now all connections have failed. Anyone else having issues late last
    night/early morning in the Wellington/Hutt Valley.
    Vista, Jun 8, 2006

  2. Vista

    none Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > Last week they had an outage in Wellington that lasted for about 15 hours,
    > which they didn't bother to notify their customers about. Now tonight their
    > ADSL seems to be down again. It was working fine until about 11:30pm, but
    > now all connections have failed. Anyone else having issues late last
    > night/early morning in the Wellington/Hutt Valley.

    Porirua RAN appeared to have poked itself again from approximately 0000
    - 0130 ish.

    Telecom did have scheduled maintenance for a number of areas round that
    time, but none too close to Porirua.
    none, Jun 8, 2006

  3. Vista

    Vista Guest

    "none" <""mcooper\"@(none)"> wrote in message
    > Vista wrote:
    >> Last week they had an outage in Wellington that lasted for about 15
    >> hours,
    >> which they didn't bother to notify their customers about. Now tonight
    >> their
    >> ADSL seems to be down again. It was working fine until about 11:30pm, but
    >> now all connections have failed. Anyone else having issues late last
    >> night/early morning in the Wellington/Hutt Valley.

    > Porirua RAN appeared to have poked itself again from approximately 0000
    > - 0130 ish.
    >
    > Telecom did have scheduled maintenance for a number of areas round that
    > time, but none too close to Porirua.

    Mine is still down as at 10:30 am. ALmost another 12 hours of downtime. I
    will expect Slingshot to supply compensation for this outage.
    Vista, Jun 8, 2006
  4. Vista

    AssPacket Guest

    Vista wrote:
    > "none" <""mcooper\"@(none)"> wrote in message
    >> Vista wrote:
    >>> Last week they had an outage in Wellington that lasted for about 15
    >>> hours,
    >>> which they didn't bother to notify their customers about. Now tonight
    >>> their
    >>> ADSL seems to be down again. It was working fine until about 11:30pm, but
    >>> now all connections have failed. Anyone else having issues late last
    >>> night/early morning in the Wellington/Hutt Valley.

    >> Porirua RAN appeared to have poked itself again from approximately 0000
    >> - 0130 ish.
    >>
    >> Telecom did have scheduled maintenance for a number of areas round that
    >> time, but none too close to Porirua.

    > Mine is still down as at 10:30 am. ALmost another 12 hours of downtime. I
    > will expect Slingshot to supply compensation for this outage.

    Vista, I think you'll be pushing sloppy shit up hill with a stick on
    that one. Contact Telecom, it was their kit that bit the dust not
    Slingshots, every other ISP would have been in the same boat as
    Slingshot and their custs would have been in the same boat as you.
    AssPacket, Jun 8, 2006
  5. Vista

    Vista Guest

    "AssPacket" <> wrote in message
    > Vista wrote:
    >> "none" <""mcooper\"@(none)"> wrote in message
    >>> Porirua RAN appeared to have poked itself again from approximately 0000
    >>> - 0130 ish.
    >>>
    >>> Telecom did have scheduled maintenance for a number of areas round that
    >>> time, but none too close to Porirua.

    >> Mine is still down as at 10:30 am. ALmost another 12 hours of downtime. I
    >> will expect Slingshot to supply compensation for this outage.

    > Vista, I think you'll be pushing sloppy shit up hill with a stick on that
    > one. Contact Telecom, it was their kit that bit the dust not Slingshots,
    > every other ISP would have been in the same boat as Slingshot and their
    > custs would have been in the same boat as you.'

    Possibly, however my contract is with Slingshot alone. If the problem is
    with Slingshots upstream provider, it is up to Slingshot to contact them to
    find out what is going on, and to inform their customers of the problem.
    My main grievance with these outages from Slingshot, is that they don't post
    any announcements on their Network Status page on their website, thus I have
    to waste my time troubleshooting the problem. If thy kept their customers up
    to date, then I would be far more sympathetic.
    If slingshot are selling an unreliable product, then they have to decide
    whether they are willing to continue to sell this product or not,. If they
    do want to sell an unreliable product, then they have to take full
    responsibility for its performance. If they keep on their providers case,
    that is the only way that things will be fixed and improved on
    Vista, Jun 9, 2006