    Mercury Guest

    Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    probably a big chunk if not all of the country...
    Mercury, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Mercury

    Jennings Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:32:41 +1200, Mercury wrote:

    > Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    > probably a big chunk if not all of the country...

    yep dead in wellington

    10 mins before campbell must be telecom

    cya
    Jennings, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Mercury

    Peter S Guest

    "Jennings" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:32:41 +1200, Mercury wrote:
    >
    >> Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that
    >> means
    >> probably a big chunk if not all of the country...

    > yep dead in wellington
    >

    > 10 mins before campbell must be telecom
    >

    > cya

    Yup, had it in Christchurch too.

    The sky.co.nz website is overloaded too so it must have happened to
    everyone. Has the OptusB1 backup unit given up too?????

    If so, we're a long time without telly!!!

    Pete.
    Peter S, Mar 30, 2006
  4. Mercury

    SteveSin Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:32:41 +1200, "Mercury" <> wrote:

    >Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    >probably a big chunk if not all of the country...

    yep down in Wellington. I can't even get back into the recorded
    programs on mySky to watch something from last night.
    Bugger.

    Cheers
    Steve
    SteveSin, Mar 30, 2006
  5. "SteveSin" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:32:41 +1200, "Mercury" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    >>probably a big chunk if not all of the country...
    >>

    > yep down in Wellington. I can't even get back into the recorded
    > programs on mySky to watch something from last night.
    > Bugger.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Steve

    thats only cos sky are being wankers. they should have allowed recorded
    content to playback even without the signal .

    but, they never expected to lose a satellite.

    i want my 600 back, plus this months subscription.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Mar 30, 2006
  6. Mercury

    XPD Guest

    "Mercury" <> wrote in message
    > Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    > probably a big chunk if not all of the country...

    Dead in AUcks too
    XPD, Mar 30, 2006
  7. Mercury

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "SteveSin" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:32:41 +1200, "Mercury" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    >>probably a big chunk if not all of the country...
    >>

    > yep down in Wellington. I can't even get back into the recorded
    > programs on mySky to watch something from last night.
    > Bugger.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Steve

    What a setup!
    Buy yourself a DVD recorder instead.

    E. Scrooge

    The message below is from SKY's website:

    We have an outage on SKY's Optus B1 satellite.

    At this time there are no SKY satellite services. We will keep you updated
    as we obtain more information.

    SKY Sport 1 is Free to Air on UHF for the duration of the Live Cricket
    Awards.

    E. Scrooge, Mar 30, 2006
  8. Mercury

    Matty F Guest

    Mercury wrote:
    > Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    > probably a big chunk if not all of the country...

    “Oh, Henny Penny,” cried Chicken Little, ”the sky is falling!”

    “How do you know that?” asked Henny Penny.

    “Oh, I saw it with my eyes; I heard it with my ears; and part of
    it fell on
    my tail,” said Chicken Little.

    “Let us run and tell the King,” said Henny Penny.
    Matty F, Mar 30, 2006
  9. Mercury

    madmacca Guest

    "Peter S" <> wrote in message
    > "Jennings" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:32:41 +1200, Mercury wrote:
    >>
    >>> Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that
    >>> means
    >>> probably a big chunk if not all of the country...

    >> yep dead in wellington
    >>

    >> 10 mins before campbell must be telecom
    >>

    >> cya

    > Yup, had it in Christchurch too.
    >
    > The sky.co.nz website is overloaded too so it must have happened to
    > everyone. Has the OptusB1 backup unit given up too?????
    >
    > If so, we're a long time without telly!!!
    >
    > Pete.

    Down in Auckland too, from around 7. Lines clogged..website dead..
    Macca
    madmacca, Mar 30, 2006
  10. Mercury

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "madmacca" <> wrote in message

    > "Peter S" <> wrote in message
    >> "Jennings" <> wrote in message

    >>> yep dead in wellington
    >>>

    >>> 10 mins before campbell must be telecom
    >>>

    >>> cya

    >> Yup, had it in Christchurch too.
    >>
    >> The sky.co.nz website is overloaded too so it must have happened to
    >> everyone. Has the OptusB1 backup unit given up too?????
    >>
    >> If so, we're a long time without telly!!!
    >>
    >> Pete.
    >>

    > Down in Auckland too, from around 7. Lines clogged..website dead..
    > Macca

    There's a message on the website, though it could well be blocked to ihug
    and Xtra users.
    Works fine on Slingshot.

    You not got any DVDs?

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Mar 30, 2006
  11. Mercury

    Peter Guest

    Mercury wrote:
    > Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    > probably a big chunk if not all of the country...

    National Radio news says Sky is out over NZ and Aust, due to satellite
    positioning problem, may take 3 hours to fix.

    HTH

    Peter
    Peter, Mar 30, 2006
  12. Mercury

    Nho Whei Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:32:41 +1200, "Mercury" <> wrote:

    >Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    >probably a big chunk if not all of the country...

    Is their UHF platform still OK?
    Nho Whei, Mar 30, 2006
  13. Mercury

    Peter S Guest

    "Nho Whei" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:32:41 +1200, "Mercury" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    >>probably a big chunk if not all of the country...
    >>

    > Is their UHF platform still OK?

    Apparently - see www.skytv.co.nz for updates - they've switched some UHF to
    free to air.
    Peter S, Mar 30, 2006
  14. Mercury

    shannon Guest

    Matty F wrote:
    > Mercury wrote:
    >> Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that
    >> means probably a big chunk if not all of the country...

    > “Oh, Henny Penny,” cried Chicken Little, ”the sky is falling!”
    >
    > “How do you know that?” asked Henny Penny.
    >
    > “Oh, I saw it with my eyes; I heard it with my ears; and part of it fell on
    > my tail,” said Chicken Little.
    >
    > “Let us run and tell the King,” said Henny Penny.

    You misspelt failing
    shannon, Mar 30, 2006
  15. Mercury

    JJD Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:03:33 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    (*sling)> wrote:

    >>> Yup, had it in Christchurch too.
    >>>
    >>> The sky.co.nz website is overloaded too so it must have happened to
    >>> everyone. Has the OptusB1 backup unit given up too?????
    >>>
    >>> If so, we're a long time without telly!!!
    >>>
    >>> Pete.
    >>>

    >> Down in Auckland too, from around 7. Lines clogged..website dead..
    >> Macca

    >There's a message on the website, though it could well be blocked to ihug
    >and Xtra users.
    >Works fine on Slingshot.

    I like the bit at the bottom of the webpage that flashes urgently with
    its message to "Get Sky connected now . . ." Umm, yes please - that
    would be handy.

    JJD, Mar 30, 2006
  16. Mercury

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:11:14 +1200, Peter <>
    wrote:

    >Mercury wrote:
    >> Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    >> probably a big chunk if not all of the country...

    >National Radio news says Sky is out over NZ and Aust, due to satellite
    >positioning problem, may take 3 hours to fix.

    The instruction manual to is is here

    http://www.optusbusiness.com.au/doclib/Satellite Network Designers Guide.pdf

    :)
    Craig Shore, Mar 30, 2006
  17. Mercury

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:11:14 +1200, Peter <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Mercury wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    >>>probably a big chunk if not all of the country...

    >>National Radio news says Sky is out over NZ and Aust, due to satellite
    >>positioning problem, may take 3 hours to fix.

    > The instruction manual to is is here
    >
    > http://www.optusbusiness.com.au/doclib/Satellite Network Designers Guide.pdf
    >
    > :)

    Doesn't help much if either:
    a) You've had a hydrazine cell blow out or
    b) Your uplink antenna is pointing towards Mars, not your ground station...
    Stu Fleming, Mar 30, 2006
  18. Mercury

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:03:53 +1200, "news.xtra.co.nz"
    <> exclaimed:

    >"SteveSin" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:32:41 +1200, "Mercury" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sky seems to have gone down about 18:50 PM in CHCH - so I guess that means
    >>>probably a big chunk if not all of the country...
    >>>

    >> yep down in Wellington. I can't even get back into the recorded
    >> programs on mySky to watch something from last night.
    >> Bugger.
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Steve

    >thats only cos sky are being wankers. they should have allowed recorded
    >content to playback even without the signal .
    >
    >but, they never expected to lose a satellite.
    >
    >i want my 600 back, plus this months subscription.

    Set it to channel 999 and you'll be able to play back recordings.
    Fred Dagg, Mar 30, 2006
  19. Mercury

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:42:52 +1200, Stu Fleming <> wrote:

    >Craig Shore wrote:
    >> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:11:14 +1200, Peter <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>National Radio news says Sky is out over NZ and Aust, due to satellite
    >>>positioning problem, may take 3 hours to fix.

    >> The instruction manual to is is here
    >>
    >> http://www.optusbusiness.com.au/doclib/Satellite Network Designers Guide.pdf
    >>
    >> :)
    >>

    >Doesn't help much if either:
    >a) You've had a hydrazine cell blow out or
    >b) Your uplink antenna is pointing towards Mars, not your ground station...

    Or maybe the second control board has died. It was running on the backup with a
    known fault.

    If it is dead and they have to switch to another sat, will that mean everyone
    has to reposition their dishes?
    Craig Shore, Mar 30, 2006
  20. Mercury

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "JJD" <> wrote in message

    >>> Down in Auckland too, from around 7. Lines clogged..website dead..
    >>> Macca

    >>There's a message on the website, though it could well be blocked to ihug
    >>and Xtra users.
    >>Works fine on Slingshot.

    > I like the bit at the bottom of the webpage that flashes urgently with
    > its message to "Get Sky connected now . . ." Umm, yes please - that
    > would be handy.

    Prime isn't looking great either with the return of the Gnome, and an ex
    TVNZ late night newsreader taking over Prime News.
    The free to air sports on Prime while being shown on SKY Sports 1 which many
    of us pay top dollar for is a fucking laugh as well.
    Hardly worth having the sports channel if the same damn sports aqre going to
    be shown free to air on Prime at exactly the same time.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Mar 30, 2006