    Gary Guest

    Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA failed
    to log in since last night....
    Gary, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Gary

    George Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
    > failed to log in since last night....

    No problems here.
    George, Jun 30, 2005

  3. Gary

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Gary wrote:
    > Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
    > failed to log in since last night....

    It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.

    What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 30, 2005
  4. Gary

    GwG Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Gary wrote:
    >> Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
    >> failed to log in since last night....

    > It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.
    >
    > What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.

    I just tried dialling my NTL number and no connection seemed to be made. I
    cancelled the call, and about a minute later my NTL phone rang, but when I
    answered, there was nobody on line, so it appears that this was the call I
    tried to make. Three other test calls have resulted in two beep-beep-beeps,
    and one connection, so yes, it appears there is a another problem.

    I'm in the west of Nottingham area.
    GwG, Jun 30, 2005
  5. Gary

    Ivor Jones Guest

    GwG wrote:
    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >> Gary wrote:
    >>> Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine
    >>> ATA failed to log in since last night....

    >> It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.
    >>
    >> What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.
    >>

    > I just tried dialling my NTL number and no connection seemed to be
    > made. I cancelled the call, and about a minute later my NTL phone
    > rang, but when I answered, there was nobody on line, so it appears
    > that this was the call I tried to make. Three other test calls have
    > resulted in two beep-beep-beeps, and one connection, so yes, it
    > appears there is a another problem.
    > I'm in the west of Nottingham area.

    No idea then, it's all ok here. I just had a friend ring me from Germany
    and it was ok via Sipgate but when he tried the PSTN it failed the first
    time but was ok the second.. he thinks it was a PSTN problem his end as he
    couldn't dial another PSTN number either. I tried from my mobile and it
    was fine.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 30, 2005
  6. Gary

    NewsAcc Guest

    > Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA failed
    > to log in since last night....

    I noticed that Sipgate was having issues yesterday (and still today). I
    cant dial my incoming number from an external phone (engaged tone) and I can
    dial out using the a softphone, but then cant hear anything. Same on my IP
    phone. However, my other voip provider (voipfone.co.uk) works fine. No
    config changes since last week, so it points to Sipgate in my opinion.

    I haev been testing Sipgate side by side with voipfone over the last week or
    so and so far voipfone has had no outages and Sipgate seems to go down at
    least once a day (for me anyway !). I simply dial out every hour to a
    freephone number and then dial my incoming number to ensure my softphone
    rings. A simple test, but it has shown me the reliabilty (or lack of)
    Sipgate. Its a shame, because on paper, its a cracking service. Once they
    get their voicemail sorted out and reliabilty back, then great !
    NewsAcc, Jun 30, 2005
  7. Gary

    Ivor Jones Guest

    NewsAcc wrote:
    >> Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine
    >> ATA failed to log in since last night....

    > I noticed that Sipgate was having issues yesterday (and still
    > today). I cant dial my incoming number from an external phone
    > (engaged tone) and I can dial out using the a softphone, but then
    > cant hear anything. Same on my IP phone. However, my other voip
    > provider (voipfone.co.uk) works fine. No config changes since last
    > week, so it points to Sipgate in my opinion.
    > I haev been testing Sipgate side by side with voipfone over the
    > last week or so and so far voipfone has had no outages and Sipgate
    > seems to go down at least once a day (for me anyway !). I simply
    > dial out every hour to a freephone number and then dial my incoming
    > number to ensure my softphone rings. A simple test, but it has
    > shown me the reliabilty (or lack of) Sipgate. Its a shame, because
    > on paper, its a cracking service. Once they get their voicemail
    > sorted out and reliabilty back, then great !

    No problems here for weeks.

    I don't trust softphones though.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 30, 2005
  8. Gary

    Gary Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > Gary wrote:
    >> Can anyone tell me if Sipgate (sipgate.co.uk) is working? Mine ATA
    >> failed to log in since last night....

    > It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.
    >
    > What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.
    >
    > Ivor

    Its a Sipura 2000. It won't log into sipgate since around 22:00 last night.

    Power cycling has no resolve of the problem.

    It just says Failed, where normally it says Registered in the browser.

    I presume its sipgate down again, as nothing has changed here.

    I think its time I sorted out a reliable provider, can anyone suggest one
    that works and how much I need to pay for one that doesn't stop working
    every five minutes?

    Gary
    Gary, Jun 30, 2005
  9. Gary

    Gary Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    > GwG wrote:
    >> "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> It's ok here, I have just had a couple of calls.
    >>>
    >>> What ATA is it..? Try pwer cycling it.
    >>>

    >> I just tried dialling my NTL number and no connection seemed to be
    >> made. I cancelled the call, and about a minute later my NTL phone
    >> rang, but when I answered, there was nobody on line, so it appears
    >> that this was the call I tried to make. Three other test calls have
    >> resulted in two beep-beep-beeps, and one connection, so yes, it
    >> appears there is a another problem.
    >> I'm in the west of Nottingham area.

    > No idea then, it's all ok here. I just had a friend ring me from Germany
    > and it was ok via Sipgate but when he tried the PSTN it failed the first
    > time but was ok the second.. he thinks it was a PSTN problem his end as he
    > couldn't dial another PSTN number either. I tried from my mobile and it
    > was fine.
    >
    > Ivor

    Just a question for you if you can help. Do you have any idea why sipgate
    needs to keep registering every 3600 seconds? According to my sipura, that
    is what happens. Can I extend this time to cut constant network traffic?
    Still no connection here yet.

    Gary
    Gary, Jun 30, 2005
  10. Gary

    GwG Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message

    > Its a Sipura 2000. It won't log into sipgate since around 22:00 last
    > night.
    >
    > Power cycling has no resolve of the problem.
    >
    > It just says Failed, where normally it says Registered in the browser.
    >
    > I presume its sipgate down again, as nothing has changed here.
    >
    > I think its time I sorted out a reliable provider, can anyone suggest one
    > that works and how much I need to pay for one that doesn't stop working
    > every five minutes?

    Still getting beep-beep-beep here, after dialling an available number.
    I have almost given up on Sipgate now, I set it up early to test the service
    till September, when I shall be cancelling my NTL line, but Sipgate is
    nowhere near reliable enough

    Just out of interest Gary, are you also on NTL?
    GwG, Jun 30, 2005
  11. Gary

    NewsAcc Guest

    > I don't trust softphones though.

    I also test with a seperate Grandstream phone too. Same results. Could
    certainly be my ADSL router. But then why would other providers work ok ?
    NewsAcc, Jun 30, 2005
  12. Gary

    Gary Guest

    "GwG" <> wrote in message

    > "Gary" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Its a Sipura 2000. It won't log into sipgate since around 22:00 last
    >> night.
    >>
    >> Power cycling has no resolve of the problem.
    >>
    >> It just says Failed, where normally it says Registered in the browser.
    >>
    >> I presume its sipgate down again, as nothing has changed here.
    >>
    >> I think its time I sorted out a reliable provider, can anyone suggest one
    >> that works and how much I need to pay for one that doesn't stop working
    >> every five minutes?
    >>

    > Still getting beep-beep-beep here, after dialling an available number.
    > I have almost given up on Sipgate now, I set it up early to test the
    > service till September, when I shall be cancelling my NTL line, but
    > Sipgate is nowhere near reliable enough
    >
    > Just out of interest Gary, are you also on NTL?

    Tiscali : ( and disgruntled.
    Gary, Jun 30, 2005
  13. Gary

    Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:13:18 GMT, "GwG"
    <> wrote:

    >Still getting beep-beep-beep here, after dialling an available number.
    >I have almost given up on Sipgate now, I set it up early to test the service
    >till September, when I shall be cancelling my NTL line, but Sipgate is
    >nowhere near reliable enough

    I have just had a bloke knocking on my door who informed me that he
    had been trying to ring me all morning and was getting unavailable
    tone.
    Vary rarely I use my Sipgate lines now I am using Just dial for
    outward calls and Voipfone for inward otherwise I would have noticed
    that my Sipgate lines where down before now .
    , Jun 30, 2005
  14. Gary

    GwG Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message

    > "GwG" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Gary" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Its a Sipura 2000. It won't log into sipgate since around 22:00 last
    >>> night.
    >>>
    >>> Power cycling has no resolve of the problem.
    >>>
    >>> It just says Failed, where normally it says Registered in the browser.
    >>>
    >>> I presume its sipgate down again, as nothing has changed here.
    >>>
    >>> I think its time I sorted out a reliable provider, can anyone suggest
    >>> one that works and how much I need to pay for one that doesn't stop
    >>> working every five minutes?
    >>>

    >> Still getting beep-beep-beep here, after dialling an available number.
    >> I have almost given up on Sipgate now, I set it up early to test the
    >> service till September, when I shall be cancelling my NTL line, but
    >> Sipgate is nowhere near reliable enough
    >>
    >> Just out of interest Gary, are you also on NTL?

    > Tiscali : ( and disgruntled.

    We can probably rule out ISP problems then.
    GwG, Jun 30, 2005
  15. Gary

    Gary Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:13:18 GMT, "GwG"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Still getting beep-beep-beep here, after dialling an available number.
    >>I have almost given up on Sipgate now, I set it up early to test the
    >>service
    >>till September, when I shall be cancelling my NTL line, but Sipgate is
    >>nowhere near reliable enough

    > I have just had a bloke knocking on my door who informed me that he
    > had been trying to ring me all morning and was getting unavailable
    > tone.
    > Vary rarely I use my Sipgate lines now I am using Just dial for
    > outward calls and Voipfone for inward otherwise I would have noticed
    > that my Sipgate lines where down before now .

    Its not worth the hassle. I don't think sipgate are worth bothering with
    frankly.

    They give me the worst voip service imaginable.

    People call me and they get either number unnobtainable, line busy tones and
    sometime they get though, only to find I can't hear them, but they can hear
    me.

    Stick with the good old reliable way, at least it works!

    Every call in or out seems to be pot luck!

    Gary
    Gary, Jun 30, 2005
  16. Gary

    Gary Guest

    "GwG" <> wrote in message

    > "Gary" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "GwG" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Gary" <> wrote in message

    >>> Still getting beep-beep-beep here, after dialling an available number.
    >>> I have almost given up on Sipgate now, I set it up early to test the
    >>> service till September, when I shall be cancelling my NTL line, but
    >>> Sipgate is nowhere near reliable enough
    >>>
    >>> Just out of interest Gary, are you also on NTL?

    >> Tiscali : ( and disgruntled.
    >>

    > We can probably rule out ISP problems then?

    Do you think so?
    http://www.3dvelocity.com/articles/tiscali/broadband.htm
    Gary, Jun 30, 2005
  17. Gary

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Gary wrote:

    [snip]

    > Just a question for you if you can help. Do you have any idea why
    > sipgate needs to keep registering every 3600 seconds? According to
    > my sipura, that is what happens. Can I extend this time to cut
    > constant network traffic? Still no connection here yet.

    I think it's just a default, many providers advise re-registering every 10
    minutes..! Try it and see what happens - 3600 seconds is once an hour so
    not too onerous a network load.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 30, 2005
  18. Gary

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Gary wrote:

    [snip]

    > Power cycling has no resolve of the problem.
    >
    > It just says Failed, where normally it says Registered in the
    > browser.
    > I presume its sipgate down again, as nothing has changed here.

    No it isn't Sipgate as I am also using a 2000 and mine is registered fine.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jun 30, 2005
  19. Gary

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Gary wrote:

    [snip]

    > Its not worth the hassle. I don't think sipgate are worth
    > bothering with frankly.
    >
    > They give me the worst voip service imaginable.
    >
    > People call me and they get either number unnobtainable, line busy
    > tones and sometime they get though, only to find I can't hear them,
    > but they can hear me.

    If you email me with your SIP ID I will try and find out what I can. I
    can't promise anything but I will try.

    --
    Ivor

    (replace 'invalid' with 'com' in sending address to reply direct)
    Ivor Jones, Jun 30, 2005
  20. Gary

    Philip Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in message

    > Its a Sipura 2000. It won't log into sipgate since around 22:00 last

    night.

    > Power cycling has no resolve of the problem.
    >
    > It just says Failed, where normally it says Registered in the browser.
    >
    > I presume its sipgate down again, as nothing has changed here.
    >
    > I think its time I sorted out a reliable provider, can anyone suggest one
    > that works and how much I need to pay for one that doesn't stop working
    > every five minutes?
    >

    > Gary

    Hi

    Had the same problem with Sipgate, it resolved itself eventually.

    Regards

    Phil
    Philip, Jun 30, 2005