Is Sipgate down?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Peter X, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Peter X

    Peter X Guest

    Hi all,

    My PAP2 doesn't seem to be connecting to Sipgate at present, and if I
    phone my Sipgate number from a mobile, I just get a continuous tone!

    Is it broken? Or has my ISP cocked something up? (I'm using
    Metro^D^D^D^DPlusNet so it's entirely possible).

    The Sipgate portal says my device is offline.

    Okay, before I'd managed to send the above, it started working again...
    in so far as the PAP2 has the "phone 1" light on, but dialing 10000
    didn't work the first time, and the second attempt is talking in German!

    Phoning my number from a mobile now says I'm unavailable!

    So I guess it _is_ Sipgate rather than my ISP having problems. I s'pose
    a better question would be:

    Q1. Do Sipgate have a service-status page?

    Cheers!!

    Peter.
    Peter X, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Peter X

    Wavey Davey Guest

    I think it was down earlier, as the registration kept timing out, but
    seems to working ok now (12 noon)

    Dave
    Wavey Davey, Mar 27, 2006

  3. Peter X

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Wavey Davey" <> wrote in message
    > I think it was down earlier, as the registration kept
    > timing out, but seems to working ok now (12 noon)
    >
    > Dave

    It seems that the registration servers were having problems from 1030 to
    1130. Should be ok now. No idea of the cause yet.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 27, 2006