  1. John

    John Guest

    I have PIV 2.6 GHZ running XP Home and need to speed up my film scanner

    John, Apr 8, 2004

  2. John wrote:

    > I have PIV 2.6 GHZ running XP Home and need to speed up my film scanner

    Not necessarily faster but often more stable.

    --
    Groeten/Regards
    Jeroen Wijnands

    Jeroen Wijnands, Apr 8, 2004

  3. John

    SgtMinor Guest

    SgtMinor, Apr 8, 2004
  4. John

    John Guest

    Its USB and SCSI switchable but actually only USB1 so it will run at 10x
    data transfer rate on SCSI

    http://www.a1-electronics.net/PcHardware/GenCompInfo/2002_3/Connections.shtm

    John, Apr 8, 2004
  5. John

    Isaac Guest

    "John" <> wrote in

    > Its USB and SCSI switchable but actually only USB1 so it will run at
    > 10x data transfer rate on SCSI
    >

    > "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    >> John wrote:
    >> >
    >> > I have PIV 2.6 GHZ running XP Home and need to speed up my film
    >> > scanner

    > http://www.a1-electronics.net/PcHardware/GenCompInfo/2002_3/Connections
    > .shtm l
    >>
    >> Your USB scanner is not likely to run as a SCSI device.

    USB1 offers 11 Mbit/sec, which could give a datastream of about 1
    Mbyte/sec, when you are lucky. SCSI comes in several tastes, from which the
    oldest one (from the seventies of previous century) does 5 Mbyte/sec, and
    the last (as far as I know) 80 Mbyte/sec. With a proper interface card it's
    unlikely that the SCSI port is the bottleneck in scanning process.

    Isaac

    Isaac, Apr 9, 2004