    is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
    contributing to it.
    -Rich

    Rich, Nov 24, 2005

  2. Rich

    Darrell Guest

    "Metal Fetish" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The finish of the body make it look like it possibly is.
    > The brushed look of the top panel does too. It's weight
    > is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
    > contributing to it.

    Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could crack.

    Darrell, Nov 25, 2005

  3. Rich

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > "Metal Fetish" <> wrote in message
    > > The finish of the body make it look like it possibly is.
    > > The brushed look of the top panel does too. It's weight
    > > is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
    > > contributing to it.
    > >

    > Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could crack.

    What a dumb reply.
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Nov 25, 2005
  4. Rich

    Frank ess Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:
    > In article <>, says...
    >> "Metal Fetish" <> wrote in message
    >>> The finish of the body make it look like it possibly is.
    >>> The brushed look of the top panel does too. It's weight
    >>> is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
    >>> contributing to it.
    >>>

    >> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting
    >> could crack.

    > What a dumb reply.

    I have more patience with misfires on the humor range than with the
    unimaginative pickers-up of the brass.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Nov 25, 2005
  5. Rich

    Darrell Guest

    "Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, says...
    >> "Metal Fetish" <> wrote in message
    >> > The finish of the body make it look like it possibly is.
    >> > The brushed look of the top panel does too. It's weight
    >> > is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
    >> > contributing to it.
    >> >

    >> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could
    >> crack.

    > What a dumb reply.
    > --

    The reply was to metal head Rich. I considered who made the post. If it was
    a normal person, I would have told them it is plastic.

    Darrell, Nov 25, 2005
  6. Rich

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:07:28 +0100, Alfred Molon
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>, says...
    >> "Metal Fetish" <> wrote in message
    >> > The finish of the body make it look like it possibly is.
    >> > The brushed look of the top panel does too. It's weight
    >> > is relatively high for a prosumer, but that could be the big zoom
    >> > contributing to it.
    >> >

    >> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could crack.

    >What a dumb reply.

    Most people think they have a sense of humor, but they really don't.

    --
    Bill Funk
    Replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Nov 25, 2005
  7. Rich

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 07:30:51 -0700, Bill Funk
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:07:28 +0100, Alfred Molon
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>, says...
    >>> "Metal Fetish" <> wrote in message
    >>> >
    >>> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could crack.

    >>What a dumb reply.

    >Most people think they have a sense of humor, but they really don't.

    Points for the referrence...

    Bill Funk, Nov 25, 2005
  8. Rich

    Alfred Molon Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Alfred Molon wrote:
    > > In article <>, says...
    > >> "Metal Fetish" <> wrote in message
    > >>>
    > >> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting
    > >> could crack.

    > > What a dumb reply.

    > I have more patience with misfires on the humor range than with the
    > unimaginative pickers-up of the brass.

    Frank, the question actually is interesting (whether the 815 has a metal
    body). Why does he/she have to make fun about it ?
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Nov 25, 2005
  9. Rich

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:34:24 +0100, Alfred Molon
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> Alfred Molon wrote:
    >> > In article <>, says...

    >> > What a dumb reply.

    >> I have more patience with misfires on the humor range than with the
    >> unimaginative pickers-up of the brass.

    >Frank, the question actually is interesting (whether the 815 has a metal
    >body). Why does he/she have to make fun about it ?

    My goodness, Alfred...
    It was a joke, entirely non-offensive to anyone. Appropriate for the
    workplace, church meetings, and the ACLU.

    Bill Funk, Nov 25, 2005
  10. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:20:00 -0500, "Darrell" <> wrote:

    >"Alfred Molon" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>, says...
    >>> "Metal Fetish" <> wrote in message
    >>> >
    >>> Yup it's made from 1/4" cast iron, don't drop it as the casting could
    >>> crack.

    >> What a dumb reply.
    >> --

    >The reply was to metal head Rich. I considered who made the post. If it was
    >a normal person, I would have told them it is plastic.

    If it is metal, it's nice to know Samsung takes greater pride in their
    flaship point and shoot than some other companies do in their
    entry-level DSLRs. It might even appeal as a knock-around camera to
    those no-nothing pros who prefer metal bodied DSLRs.
    -Rich

    Rich, Nov 26, 2005