    get into my web services. And if it's not safe, is
    http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/ better than Roboform (and easier?)

    Thanks :)

    Muse Gruppes, Jun 26, 2010

  2. Muse Gruppes

    chuckcar Guest

    Muse Gruppes <> wrote in
    news:i05bjf$42i$:

    > I just use the simple standard google chrome password save option. I use
    > a separate login using Windows 7 also so my roommate can't automatically
    > get into my web services. And if it's not safe, is
    > http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/ better than Roboform (and easier?)

    Why don't you just use a windows login? Password both yours and the
    supervisors'. And then give your room mate his own. That way the passwords
    won't be shared at all. You'll both have your own temporary files.

    When in doubt, do it with what *comes* with windows. Google are masters at
    duplicating such to the point of lunacy.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 26, 2010

  3. chuckcar wrote:
    > Muse Gruppes <> wrote in
    >
    >> I just use the simple standard google chrome password save option. I use
    >> a separate login using Windows 7 also so my roommate can't automatically

    highlighting^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this part
    >> get into my web services. And if it's not safe, is
    >> http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/ better than Roboform (and easier?)
    >>

    > Why don't you just use a windows login? Password both yours and the
    > supervisors'. And then give your room mate his own. That way the passwords
    > won't be shared at all. You'll both have your own temporary files.
    >
    > When in doubt, do it with what *comes* with windows. Google are masters at
    > duplicating such to the point of lunacy.

    That's what he said he does, re the 'windows login' you suggested.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Jun 26, 2010
  4. Muse Gruppes

    chuckcar Guest

    thund3rstruck <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> Muse Gruppes <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I just use the simple standard google chrome password save option. I
    >>> use a separate login using Windows 7 also so my roommate can't
    >>> automatically

    > highlighting^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this part
    >>> get into my web services. And if it's not safe, is
    >>> http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/ better than Roboform (and
    >>> easier?)
    >>>

    >> Why don't you just use a windows login? Password both yours and the
    >> supervisors'. And then give your room mate his own. That way the
    >> passwords won't be shared at all. You'll both have your own temporary
    >> files.
    >>
    >> When in doubt, do it with what *comes* with windows. Google are
    >> masters at duplicating such to the point of lunacy.
    >>

    > That's what he said he does, re the 'windows login' you suggested.

    Wrong. He uses the web browser to do it period. If he was using accounts
    properly, he wouldn't have the problem at all. He almost certainly doesn't
    have a password on his user account and absolutely his roommate doesn't
    have a separate account.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 26, 2010
  5. Muse Gruppes

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:17:27 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > nonscensce

    WTF?????

    :)

    Aardvark, Jun 26, 2010
  6. chuckcar wrote:
    > thund3rstruck <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar wrote:
    >>> Muse Gruppes <> wrote in

    >> highlighting^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this part

    <snip>
    > Wrong. He uses the web browser to do it period. If he was using accounts
    > properly, he wouldn't have the problem at all. He almost certainly doesn't
    > have a password on his user account and absolutely his roommate doesn't
    > have a separate account.

    /me shakes head @ you.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Jun 26, 2010
  7. Muse Gruppes

    joevan Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 22:54:03 GMT, Aardvark <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:17:27 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >> nonscensce

    >WTF?????
    >
    >:)

    I am inscensced.

    joevan, Jun 27, 2010
  8. Muse Gruppes

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    On 6/26/2010 3:29 PM, Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 19:26:27 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Why don't you just use a windows login? Password both yours and the
    >> supervisors'. And then give your room mate his own. That way the passwords
    >> won't be shared at all. You'll both have your own temporary files.
    >>
    >> When in doubt, do it with what *comes* with windows. Google are masters at
    >> duplicating such to the point of lunacy.

    > WTF?? Are you answering someone else's question?

    I was thinking something similar Evan

    Chuck, ALL browsers use there own password saving function for web site
    logins...

    I was asking because I thought that maybe that sent/saved passwords that
    are used to login to a website that are not encrypted could be read by a
    3rd party, am I correct? Not sure so I thought I'd ask, I mean I may see
    dots in the password field but the website obviously isn't receiving
    dots lol

    Muse Gruppes, Jun 27, 2010
  9. Muse Gruppes

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> thund3rstruck <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote in

    >>> highlighting^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this part

    > <snip>
    >> Wrong. He uses the web browser to do it period. If he was using
    >> accounts properly, he wouldn't have the problem at all. He almost
    >> certainly doesn't have a password on his user account and absolutely
    >> his roommate doesn't have a separate account.

    > /me shakes head @ you.

    Then don't post to such threads as you clearly didn't understand or know
    what the OP was talking about.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 27, 2010
  10. Muse Gruppes

    chuckcar Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 23:41:13 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Yes, I'm fully aware of that and FYI Evan is just trolling me,

    > You're the king of all trolls, chucktard. You don't know Windows. You
    > don't USE Windows. So why try to help people when it's so obvious
    > you're always wrong.

    Strange then that *I* knew about user accounts and my mention of it
    did nothing but confuse you then isn't it?

    >>don't encourage him.

    > Don't even go there, st00pid Jr. Or I'll bring back up all the totally
    > incorrect things you have given about Windows in just the past month.

    I'm not going to fight that battle. You get enough pain in your life
    already by your own doing.

    >>Did he give you a solution to you problem? He didn't did he?

    > Yes, I did, dumbshit.

    That's just a kludge ignoring what's included in windows since XP.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 27, 2010
  11. chuckcar wrote:
    > Then don't post to such threads as you clearly didn't understand or know
    > what the OP was talking about.

    You should print out your reply, go into the bathroom, look in a
    mirror and repeat what you posted to me, binky.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Jun 27, 2010
  12. Evan Platt wrote:
    <snip>
    > A utility to keep passwords for WEBSITES is included in the Operating
    > System? Really? How's that work?
    >
    > So, if I want to use IE, Chrome, Safari and Firefox, and have my
    > username and passwords synced, even across different computers, what's
    > the built in part of XP that will do that for me?
    >
    > Oh, this is the point where chucktard the troll disappears.
    >
    > Bye Bye troll.

    You know, he's gonna wake up tomorrow morning, wonder where the green
    haze came from, and regret posting while under the influence of
    something. It's the only explanation possible because no one can
    reliably miss important information in msgs as many times in a day as he
    does.

    n0i

    thund3rstruck, Jun 27, 2010
  13. Muse Gruppes

    Tony Guest

    Chuckcar has infested this newsgroup!!

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Jun 27, 2010
  14. Muse Gruppes

    Tony Guest

    If he followed his own advice he'd have to rent computers, 'cause every time
    he'd bust his computer.

    Tony, Jun 27, 2010
  15. Muse Gruppes

    Tony Guest

    I think Chuckcar gives the same advice at all the bus shelters in Ottawa. His
    car finally broke down for the last time and has been retired to the junkyard.
    Last i've seen no one in Ottawa takes the bus anymore.

    Tony, Jun 27, 2010
  16. Muse Gruppes

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:58:37 -0400, Muse Gruppes wrote:

    > I just use the simple standard google chrome password save option. I use
    > a separate login using Windows 7 also so my roommate can't automatically
    > get into my web services. And if it's not safe, is
    > http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/ better than Roboform (and easier?)
    >
    > Thanks :)

    Problem with the programs is, well, they need to be running. Shut it off,
    poof!, no more password.
    So unless the program itself is password protected, what's the point of
    having it?

    Ok. So I'll just turn the machine off and reboot. Goodbye passwords.

    richard, Jun 27, 2010
  17. Muse Gruppes

    Muse Gruppes Guest

    On 6/26/2010 3:30 PM, Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 12:58:37 -0400, Muse Gruppes
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I just use the simple standard google chrome password save option. I use
    >> a separate login using Windows 7 also so my roommate can't automatically
    >> get into my web services. And if it's not safe, is
    >> http://passwordsafe.sourceforge.net/ better than Roboform (and easier?)
    >>
    >> Thanks :)

    > I personally use LastPass. Easy to use, easy to install, works cross
    > platforms, etc.
    >
    > http://lastpass.com/
    >
    > And the price is right.

    Great program, works beautifully! Thanks for the suggestion

    Muse Gruppes, Jun 28, 2010