    doubt is correct,how can I permanently take out these backup files from
    my computer?

    , Nov 7, 2005

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > I have deleted D backup from C after successfully changed file system
    > from FAT32 to NTFS.Later I have emptied recycle bin to free
    > space.Still I have doubt that emtied files are lying somewhere in
    > system.If my doubt is correct,how can I permanently take out these
    > backup files from my computer?

    Why? Hiding something?

    The files are never deleted. The index that tells your computer where to
    find them is erased (simple explanation). The recycle bin simply holds that
    location as a safety option in case you change your mind. When they are
    removed from the recycle bin, the area on the hard drive where they are
    stored is now available for use for other things. But until that location on
    the drive is actually written over, the data can be recovered by
    enterprising geeks.

    As far as using the space, you have no worries. The files are a gone as they
    need to be. Unless, as I mentioned above, you are hiding something from the
    local geeks and need to do a military grade security erase...

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 7, 2005

  3. On 6 Nov 2005 18:59:21 -0800, wrote:

    >I have deleted D backup from C after successfully changed file system
    >from FAT32 to NTFS.Later I have emptied recycle bin to free space.Still
    >I have doubt that emtied files are lying somewhere in system.If my
    >doubt is correct,how can I permanently take out these backup files from
    >my computer?

    If you're that bothered there is a free program called Eraser.
    You can choose to simply remove all directory entries or do an
    overwrite of all unused parts of the HDD.

    valeofbelvoirdrinker, Nov 7, 2005
  4. Guest

    Thanks to all

    , Nov 8, 2005