  1. Donald

    Donald Guest

    Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

    Donald, Sep 24, 2003

  2. Donald

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Donald said:

    > Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

    Nothing is off topic.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 24, 2003

  3. Donald

    Rob B Guest

    Post away!

    Rob B, Sep 24, 2003
  4. Donald

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:35:55 +0000 (UTC), Donald wrote:

    >Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

    Yes, note this is an unmoderated international newsgroup. So anything
    said below is my own opinion.

    Hints on how to make good posts http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Don't post in HTML, also no binaries or SPAM. That generally applies to
    most newsgroups anyway and gets a mention in your service providers AUP
    / T & C.

    Me

    why?, Sep 24, 2003
  5. Donald

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:35:55 +0000 (UTC), Donald wrote:

    >Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

    BTW , about your b.com antispam addy. It's reserved by IANA already. You
    need to pick another.

    whois -h whois.crsnic.net b.com ...
    Redirecting to RESERVED-INTERNET ASSIGNED NUMBERS AUTHORITY
    whois -h whois.iana.org b.com ...

    IANA Whois Service
    Domain: b.com
    Name: IANA_RESERVED

    Registrant:
    Name: Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
    Address1: 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330

    How to munge an address
    and from a Boomer post,
    http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

    Also see the reserved top level domain names here,
    http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt
    note use of .invalid

    Me

    why?, Sep 24, 2003
  6. Donald

    Donald Guest

    I have a problem with a HPCLJ8500 and hope someone can understand my
    description and ID the part I require. On the far right hand side of the
    CLEANING ROLLER unit, there is a white lever with a spring attach at the
    bottom,and attached to a kinda looking bracket. I think this lever allows
    the CLEANING ROLLER to move forward/backforward. Because this lever is
    broken off along with the spring, its is causing GHOSTING image. I've tried
    looking at the service manual, but with no joy.

    If anyone knows what I am talking about, please help me ID the part.

    TIA.

    Donald, Sep 24, 2003
  7. Donald

    RickMerrill Guest

    Donald wrote:

    > Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

    May we assume it is a COMPUTER printer? - RM

    RickMerrill, Sep 24, 2003
  8. Donald

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:06:24 +0000 (UTC), Donald wrote:

    >I have a problem with a HPCLJ8500 and hope someone can understand my
    >description and ID the part I require. On the far right hand side of the

    <snip>

    Try the parts finder service. http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/main
    which lets you view online diagrams.

    You may need to know the model reference, as well the choices are
    Color LaserJet 8500 C3983A, C3984A, C3985A, C9737A, C9738A, C9739A

    Me

    why?, Sep 24, 2003
  9. Donald

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:18:23 GMT, RickMerrill wrote:

    >Donald wrote:

    >> Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

    >May we assume it is a COMPUTER printer? - RM

    You may. Who is this 'we' you mention?

    Should not matter what type of printer, HPCLJ8500 reads as a -
    Hewlett Packard Color Laser Jet 8500

    Me

    why?, Sep 24, 2003
  10. Donald

    Donald Guest

    thank you "why?", for letting me know.

    Donald, Sep 24, 2003
  11. Donald

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Donald said:

    > I have a problem with a HPCLJ8500 and hope someone can understand my
    > description and ID the part I require. On the far right hand side of the
    > CLEANING ROLLER unit, there is a white lever with a spring attach at the
    > bottom,and attached to a kinda looking bracket. I think this lever allows
    > the CLEANING ROLLER to move forward/backforward. Because this lever is
    > broken off along with the spring, its is causing GHOSTING image. I've tried
    > looking at the service manual, but with no joy.
    >
    > If anyone knows what I am talking about, please help me ID the part.
    >
    > TIA.

    http://www.google.com/search?num=10...afe=off&q=hp clj8500 parts&btnG=Google Search

    I'm having trouble getting to the following page, they seem to have info about
    rollers.
    http://www.itpartshopper.com/MostPopularParts/INDEX_0001/index_4361.html

    Brian H¹©, Sep 24, 2003
  12. Donald

    Brian H¹© Guest

    RickMerrill said:

    > Donald wrote:

    >> Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

    > May we assume it is a COMPUTER printer? - RM

    Why does it have to be a COMPUTER printer?
    There is NO off topic.

    Brian H¹©, Sep 24, 2003
  13. Donald

    Boomer Guest

    Donald wrote:

    > I have a problem with a HPCLJ8500 and hope someone can
    > understand my description and ID the part I require. On the far
    > right hand side of the CLEANING ROLLER unit, there is a white
    > lever with a spring attach at the bottom,and attached to a kinda
    > looking bracket. I think this lever allows the CLEANING ROLLER
    > to move forward/backforward. Because this lever is broken off
    > along with the spring, its is causing GHOSTING image. I've tried
    > looking at the service manual, but with no joy.
    >
    > If anyone knows what I am talking about, please help me ID the
    > part.
    >
    > TIA.

    [snip]

    Any clue here?

    Hewlett Packard Hardware Index Color LaserJet 8500
    http://www.hphardware.com/html/clj8500.html

    You might want to ask at this group also:

    comp.periphs.printers

    Boomer, Sep 24, 2003
  14. Donald

    Donald Guest

    Thanks for the reply, I've tried looking the part finder on HP site it had
    part diagrams for the CLEANING ROLLER unit, sadly the part I need is further
    pass that unit.

    Donald, Sep 24, 2003
  15. Donald

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:21:56 +0000 (UTC), Donald wrote:

    Need to try again, it's a fairly safe bet most 3 letter domains are
    used.

    whois -h whois.crsnic.net b11.com ...
    Redirecting to TUCOWS, INC.

    whois -h whois.opensrs.net b11.com ...
    Registrant:
    Thirteen Ventures
    10 Lower Jarvis St.
    Suite 116
    Toronto, ON M5E 1Z2
    CA

    Domain name: B11.COM

    Administrative Contact:
    Account, Role <snip email>
    10 Lower Jarvis St.
    Suite 116
    Toronto, ON M5E 1Z2
    CA
    000.000.000

    >thank you "why?", for letting me know.

    >> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:35:55 +0000 (UTC), Donald wrote:

    >> >Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

    >> BTW , about your b.com antispam addy. It's reserved by IANA already. You
    >> need to pick another.
    >>
    >> whois -h whois.crsnic.net b.com ...
    >> Redirecting to RESERVED-INTERNET ASSIGNED NUMBERS AUTHORITY
    >> whois -h whois.iana.org b.com ...
    >>
    >> IANA Whois Service
    >> Domain: b.com

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Sep 24, 2003
  16. Donald

    Jan Guest

    In article <bksrmk$5sk$1
    @titan.btinternet.com>,
    says...

    Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

    You could also try in comp.periphs.printers for help with your problem.

    --
    Cheers!

    Jan

    Jan, Sep 24, 2003
  17. Donald

    Donald Guest

    Third time luck, how about now?

    Donald, Sep 24, 2003
  18. Donald

    Donald Guest

    Cheers, will do as BOOMER also mentioned it too.

    Donald, Sep 24, 2003
  19. Donald

    Trevor Smith Guest

    "Donald" <> wrote in message

    > Before I post my question, just like to know if it is allowed on this NG.

    Amusing to note that your question, whatever it is, would probably have been
    dealt with and dismissed within 3-4 replies...

    Trevor

    Trevor Smith, Sep 24, 2003
  20. Donald

    SgtMinor Guest

    It looks a lot better, but could you live without the .com extension?
    Some Spambots may be programmed to strip off a superfluous .com and then
    they'd be hitting www.666.com which is an up-and-running site.

    IMHO, when munging an address, make it obvious. Avoid any com, org, or
    net extension, or any other that is or appears to be valid.

    SgtMinor, Sep 25, 2003