    Surfing the web is painfully slow too.

    Everything was working well earlier today.

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Kookaburra

    Tim Guest

    adsl or dialup?

    Tim, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Kookaburra

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:10:08 +1300, in article
    <>, Kookaburra wrote:

    > Subject: Is Paradise working OK?

    I haven't noticed any problems here (dial-up) this evening.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton
    Ralph Fox, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Kookaburra

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:10:08 +1300, Kookaburra
    <> wrote:

    >I can't download my mail this evening or the message bodies in the
    >groups.
    >
    >Don't know if my modem is on the way out or if Paradise is acting up.
    >
    >Surfing the web is painfully slow too.
    >
    >Everything was working well earlier today.
    >
    >Cheers, Kooky

    Hi Kooky,

    I'm on Paradise ADSL and everything basically came to a halt for a
    while this evening. Tracing to Actrix (a convenient point) showed much
    loss of packets, up to 30%. across a number of hops. That's unusual.
    Usually it's just one hop that drops packets. I'd say it's *very*
    unusual. I could speculate, but I've nothing really to go on.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.
    Enkidu, Oct 11, 2003
  5. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:56:26 +1300, Enkidu <> wrote:

    >Hi Kooky,
    >
    >I'm on Paradise ADSL and everything basically came to a halt for a
    >while this evening. Tracing to Actrix (a convenient point) showed much
    >loss of packets, up to 30%. across a number of hops. That's unusual.
    >Usually it's just one hop that drops packets. I'd say it's *very*
    >unusual. I could speculate, but I've nothing really to go on.

    Thanks Cliff,

    I was toying with the idea of dropping another modem in and then I
    thought stuff it I'll play in PSP for a couple of hours.

    Logged back on just now and everything is all go again.

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Oct 11, 2003
  6. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:43:31 +1300, "Tim" <>
    wrote:

    >adsl or dialup?

    dial-up

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Oct 11, 2003
  7. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:30:56 +0000, Ralph Fox
    <-echo.invalid> wrote:

    >On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:10:08 +1300, in article
    ><>, Kookaburra wrote:
    >
    >> Subject: Is Paradise working OK?

    >I haven't noticed any problems here (dial-up) this evening.

    Gosh you were lucky. I couldn't download a 3kb email at the time.

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Oct 11, 2003
  8. Kookaburra

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:40:39 +1300, in article
    <>, Kookaburra wrote:

    > On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 08:30:56 +0000, Ralph Fox
    > <-echo.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > >On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:10:08 +1300, in article
    > ><>, Kookaburra wrote:
    > >
    > >> Subject: Is Paradise working OK?

    > >I haven't noticed any problems here (dial-up) this evening.
    > >

    > Gosh you were lucky. I couldn't download a 3kb email at the time.

    Could be one of these

    1. It might be restricted to a geographic locality.
    Your IP address says you are in the Wellington area,
    while I am in the Auckland area.

    2. Maybe at the time when the problem peaked, I was doing
    something like composing an email which was not affected.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton
    Ralph Fox, Oct 11, 2003
  9. Kookaburra

    Lebowski Guest

    > On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:43:31 +1300, "Tim" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >adsl or dialup?
    > >

    > dial-up
    >

    > Cheers, Kooky

    Yep Paradise dial-up here too and was slow as heck earlier today, and my
    mum's Paradise was equally painfully slow tonight. Bloody heck :-/
    Lebowski, Oct 11, 2003
  10. Kookaburra

    Mark. Guest

    Yes, I'm on paradise adsl here in Auckland, and basically couldn't use
    the net last night, so just packed in the computer and went to bed.
    Everything seems fine this morning. I just assumed there was some
    maintenance downtime to coincide with everyone watching the world cup or
    something, but in hindsight probably had nothing to do with it....

    Mark., Oct 11, 2003