    Bobs Guest

    Bloody thing is saying I've downloaded nearly 2 gigs today. I'm sure
    it's doubling everything.
    Bobs, Nov 22, 2007

  2. Bobs

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    news:4744fde7$...
    > Bloody thing is saying I've downloaded nearly 2 gigs today. I'm sure it's
    > doubling everything.

    Lucky you.

    That's 2 months of data on Vodafone's ihug plan that's worth $90 a month -
    phone - national calling - and pathetic $30 for 1 GB of boardband a month
    included.

    Don't you wish that you were still with ihug, Bob's?
    LOL

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Nov 22, 2007

  3. Bobs

    Bobs Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    >> Bloody thing is saying I've downloaded nearly 2 gigs today. I'm sure it's
    >> doubling everything.

    > Lucky you.
    >
    > That's 2 months of data on Vodafone's ihug plan that's worth $90 a month -
    > phone - national calling - and pathetic $30 for 1 GB of boardband a month
    > included.
    >
    > Don't you wish that you were still with ihug, Bob's?

    I bet that clown Nick Wood does. Does anyone still use Ihug these days?

    Bobs, Nov 22, 2007
  4. Bobs

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >> "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    >>> Bloody thing is saying I've downloaded nearly 2 gigs today. I'm sure
    >>> it's doubling everything.

    >> Lucky you.
    >>
    >> That's 2 months of data on Vodafone's ihug plan that's worth $90 a
    >> month - phone - national calling - and pathetic $30 for 1 GB of boardband
    >> a month included.
    >>
    >> Don't you wish that you were still with ihug, Bob's?

    > I bet that clown Nick Wood does. Does anyone still use Ihug these days?

    Nick Wood is well out of ihug.
    If you want to buy into overseas holiday homes then see Nick Wood.

    iinet stripped ihug before selling what was left of NZ ihug without Ultra,
    which they dumped a few years ago, off to Vodafone.
    iine wanted ihug's aussie customers and wanted ihug out of Austalia. They
    bought the competition digested it and spat it back out.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Nov 23, 2007
  5. Bobs

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <1195711733.629759@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...

    > "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    > > Bloody thing is saying I've downloaded nearly 2 gigs today. I'm sure it's
    > > doubling everything.

    > Lucky you.
    >
    > That's 2 months of data on Vodafone's ihug plan that's worth $90 a month -
    > phone - national calling - and pathetic $30 for 1 GB of boardband a month
    > included.
    >
    > Don't you wish that you were still with ihug, Bob's?
    > LOL
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Ahhh not quite scroogie. 1 Gig is free or the $30.00 can be deducted
    from any other plan if using phone +nat calling = $61.00.

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Nov 23, 2007
  6. Bobs

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    > In article <1195711733.629759@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
    >>
    >> "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    >> > Bloody thing is saying I've downloaded nearly 2 gigs today. I'm sure
    >> > it's
    >> > doubling everything.

    >> Lucky you.
    >>
    >> That's 2 months of data on Vodafone's ihug plan that's worth $90 a
    >> month -
    >> phone - national calling - and pathetic $30 for 1 GB of boardband a month
    >> included.
    >>
    >> Don't you wish that you were still with ihug, Bob's?
    >> LOL
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    > Ahhh not quite scroogie. 1 Gig is free or the $30.00 can be deducted
    > from any other plan if using phone +nat calling = $61.00.
    >
    > bAZZ

    The suckers plan offer has now run out. Free broadband for 12 months (a
    whole GB a month) with phone and National calling.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Nov 23, 2007
  7. Bobs

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <1195814598.287084@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...

    > "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <1195711733.629759@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
    > >>
    > >> "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Lucky you.
    > >>
    > >> That's 2 months of data on Vodafone's ihug plan that's worth $90 a
    > >> month -
    > >> phone - national calling - and pathetic $30 for 1 GB of boardband a month
    > >> included.
    > >>
    > >> Don't you wish that you were still with ihug, Bob's?
    > >> LOL
    > >>
    > >> E. Scrooge
    > >>

    > > Ahhh not quite scroogie. 1 Gig is free or the $30.00 can be deducted
    > > from any other plan if using phone +nat calling = $61.00.
    > >
    > > bAZZ

    > The suckers plan offer has now run out. Free broadband for 12 months (a
    > whole GB a month) with phone and National calling.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Nope again Scroogie. Was still there this morning and isn't a bad deal
    if you don't want the free 1gig $30 off any other plan is not too bad. I
    just set one up for someone and the got 41$ phone No national calling
    instead a free cell phone (199.00)on 39.00 you choose plan and bb3 plan
    at $20.00 for unlimted traffic subject to 'fair use' up to 20 gig. Not
    too bad as they spend more than $10 per week on cell calls and got the
    txtr plan to any mobile so for total of $100 per month get home line,
    20gig Broadband and cell plan (used for tolls of course and other stuff
    free in month). Not too bad really but dunno how the broadband plan will
    go tho speed wise or what theyre like as ISP.

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Nov 24, 2007
  8. Bobs

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    > In article <1195814598.287084@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
    >>
    >> "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article <1195711733.629759@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...

    >> > Ahhh not quite scroogie. 1 Gig is free or the $30.00 can be deducted
    >> > from any other plan if using phone +nat calling = $61.00.
    >> >
    >> > bAZZ

    >> The suckers plan offer has now run out. Free broadband for 12 months (a
    >> whole GB a month) with phone and National calling.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    > Nope again Scroogie. Was still there this morning and isn't a bad deal
    > if you don't want the free 1gig $30 off any other plan is not too bad. I
    > just set one up for someone and the got 41$ phone No national calling
    > instead a free cell phone (199.00)on 39.00 you choose plan and bb3 plan
    > at $20.00 for unlimted traffic subject to 'fair use' up to 20 gig. Not
    > too bad as they spend more than $10 per week on cell calls and got the
    > txtr plan to any mobile so for total of $100 per month get home line,
    > 20gig Broadband and cell plan (used for tolls of course and other stuff
    > free in month). Not too bad really but dunno how the broadband plan will
    > go tho speed wise or what theyre like as ISP.
    >
    > bAZZ

    The person that has it has no one nationally to call, and doesn't need the
    cell phone option. She is contact with adult daughters overseas who use
    Hotmail at Net Cafes, which will most probably be only on dial up.

    On loading Stuff and the Met Service sites the speed wasn't great, but then
    perhaps it wasn't a boardband ihug / modem problem at all. Just one of the
    great slow features of having Vista instead while that bugger puts the files
    of the webpages together.

    The Vihug deal wouldn't be so bad if the data was upped to 5GB a month.
    When she starts paying the Boardband fee of $30 a month, it will really cost
    her $50 a month for lousy GB of Boardband as she doesn't need National
    calling. But of course couldn't get the deal without choosing another
    calling option as well.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Nov 24, 2007
  9. Bobs

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <1195880024.318884@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...

    > "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <1195814598.287084@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
    > >>
    > >> "bAZZ" <> wrote in message

    > >> The suckers plan offer has now run out. Free broadband for 12 months (a
    > >> whole GB a month) with phone and National calling.
    > >>
    > >> E. Scrooge
    > >>

    > > Nope again Scroogie. Was still there this morning and isn't a bad deal
    > > if you don't want the free 1gig $30 off any other plan is not too bad. I
    > > just set one up for someone and the got 41$ phone No national calling
    > > instead a free cell phone (199.00)on 39.00 you choose plan and bb3 plan
    > > at $20.00 for unlimted traffic subject to 'fair use' up to 20 gig. Not
    > > too bad as they spend more than $10 per week on cell calls and got the
    > > txtr plan to any mobile so for total of $100 per month get home line,
    > > 20gig Broadband and cell plan (used for tolls of course and other stuff
    > > free in month). Not too bad really but dunno how the broadband plan will
    > > go tho speed wise or what theyre like as ISP.
    > >
    > > bAZZ

    > The person that has it has no one nationally to call, and doesn't need the
    > cell phone option. She is contact with adult daughters overseas who use
    > Hotmail at Net Cafes, which will most probably be only on dial up.
    >
    > On loading Stuff and the Met Service sites the speed wasn't great, but then
    > perhaps it wasn't a boardband ihug / modem problem at all. Just one of the
    > great slow features of having Vista instead while that bugger puts the files
    > of the webpages together.
    >
    > The Vihug deal wouldn't be so bad if the data was upped to 5GB a month.
    > When she starts paying the Boardband fee of $30 a month, it will really cost
    > her $50 a month for lousy GB of Boardband as she doesn't need National
    > calling. But of course couldn't get the deal without choosing another
    > calling option as well.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Ah I see. In our case the national calling wasn't wanted either cos they
    use cell for that and got the cell free so teenager got it and plan it
    on for Xmas in month. It's not yet connected and has taken week so far
    so can't comment on speed etc. I think most ISPs are much same with the
    odd one being little better than average most are. Just hassle finding
    that ISP LOL.

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Nov 24, 2007
  10. Bobs

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh interweb bAZZ typed:

    <snip>

    > Ah I see. In our case the national calling wasn't wanted either cos
    > they use cell for that and got the cell free so teenager got it and
    > plan it on for Xmas in month. It's not yet connected and has taken
    > week so far so can't comment on speed etc. I think most ISPs are much
    > same with the odd one being little better than average most are. Just
    > hassle finding that ISP LOL.

    Actrix is an odd one.

    They do an entry-level deal for $27.95/month, 256/128, 70MB/day (~2GB/month)
    then throttled to 64/64 'til 2am daily. Any data downloaded/uploaded between
    6pm and 8pm doesn't count towards your cap. If you're throttled already at
    6pm you're unthrottled for those two hours. You have to have your tolls with
    them to get that price (or pay another $10/month) but you don't have to make
    any toll calls.

    The only "gotcha" is that you have to have either Direct Debit or automatic
    Credit Card payments set up for that plan. All their other plans they bill
    you for.

    If a person could stretch to another $10/month then the 2M/128 - 70MB/day
    plan is a great deal. Schedule any big downloads for between 6pm and 8pm and
    you could get ~1GB. Their speeds are good (depending on the source, of
    course, perforce).

    If you're constantly downloading you can get a surprising amount of data on
    either plan for a surprisingly small amount of money. I recommended the
    256/128 plan to my neighbour (casual surfer, Trademe, email) and he's rapt
    with it. He was paying about the same for crappy dial-up before. Actrix have
    an excellent helpdesk and are the most reliable ISP I've ever used.

    http://www.actrix.co.nz/page.php?id=144

    That said I'd prefer it if nobody else joined in case the extra load on
    their infrastructure ruins a good thing. ;-)

    Cheers mate,
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 25, 2007