    Does anyone know anything about their status?

    So far my Nufone experience has been a total nightmare and I can't wait to
    hand my business over to a reputable/upstanding business.

    Angry Customer, Aug 6, 2004

  2. Angry Customer

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <90327$41131178$4286439a$>
    "Angry Customer" <> wrote:

    >So far my Nufone experience has been a total nightmare and I can't wait to
    >hand my business over to a reputable/upstanding business.

    So do it... Why wait for Nufone to go under?

    --
    A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

    DevilsPGD, Aug 6, 2004

  3. "DevilsPGD" <> wrote in message
    > In message <90327$41131178$4286439a$>
    > "Angry Customer" <> wrote:
    >
    > >So far my Nufone experience has been a total nightmare and I can't wait

    > >hand my business over to a reputable/upstanding business.

    > So do it... Why wait for Nufone to go under?
    >

    > --
    > A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
    > Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)?
    > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    I thought Nufone was the only game in town for Asterisk specific VOIP.

    Can you offer a recommendation?

    Thanks

    Angry Customer, Aug 6, 2004
  4. "Angry Customer" <> writes:
    > I thought Nufone was the only game in town for Asterisk specific VOIP.
    >
    > Can you offer a recommendation?

    There are more SIP VOIP providers than you can shake a stick at. Too
    bad it is so time consuming to piece together the information from the
    vendor's web pages. I see 111 potential candidates listed on this
    following page.

    (Scroll down to "VOIP to/from PSTN services")

    http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VoIP Service Providers

    Here are the ones that I tripped across in my random walk. I was only
    considering places that had <$10 monthlies and allowed you to make SIP
    connections to/from your own equipment.

    http://www.gafachi.com/ (NYC, NY -- 89ms) ($0/mo, 2cents/min)
    http://www.nufone.net/ (XXX, MI -- 72ms) ($0/mo, 2cents/min)
    http://www.broadvoice.com/ (LA, CA -- 50ms to 200ms SIP)
    (Wash DC -- unreachable SIP)

    Notes:

    * broadvoice filters all icmp's. (If I had a penny for every
    confused admin that says "We filter ICMPs for security
    reasons", I'd be a rich man.) That ICMP filtering coupled
    with the fact that asterisk often can't connect to
    broadvoice's sip server makes me wonder what is going on
    there.

    * Both broadvoice and nufone have a sloppy DNS configuration
    where many of their customer-facing machines are unknown to
    DNS. All mail coming from both sites comes from some
    anonymous machine that DNS has never heard of. Similarly,
    connections from both of their SIP servers come from some
    anonymous unnamed machine. This isn't a good sign as far as
    far as attention to detail goes.

    * For SIP / VOIP companies, shockingly few of them even bother
    to put _sip._udp.COMPANY.com SRV entries into their DNS.
    (Motto: "We only sell the stuff, we don't want you to
    actually call us using it!")

    -wolfgang
    New toy: Voice over ip phone. Sounds much better than an analog phone.
    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/voip.html

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, Aug 6, 2004
  5. James H. Thompson, Aug 6, 2004
  6. Angry Customer

    Isaiah Beard Guest

    DevilsPGD wrote:

    >>So far my Nufone experience has been a total nightmare and I can't wait to
    >>hand my business over to a reputable/upstanding business.

    > So do it... Why wait for Nufone to go under?

    Is this their website?

    http://www.nufone.net

    If so, I hate to say it, but they need a better site design and a better
    way to accept payments. With something like *that* up, and with
    verbiage like:

    "Until we can launch our automated signup system, you can paypal sales @
    nufone.net a username and secret you wish to use or call xxx-xxx-xxxx or
    xxx-xxx-xxxx to manually debit your credit card."

    The thing just REEKS of shoddy, fly-by-night operation. Money up-front,
    and via PAYPAL? Jeez!

    Isaiah Beard, Aug 17, 2004
  7. Angry Customer wrote:

    > "DevilsPGD" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>In message <90327$41131178$4286439a$>
    >>"Angry Customer" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>So far my Nufone experience has been a total nightmare and I can't wait

    >>>hand my business over to a reputable/upstanding business.

    >>So do it... Why wait for Nufone to go under?
    >>

    >>--
    >>A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
    >>Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)?
    >>A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    >>Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

    > I thought Nufone was the only game in town for Asterisk specific VOIP.
    >
    > Can you offer a recommendation?
    >
    > Thanks

    Yes, we offer IAX and SIP as well. We use ASTERISK on all our VoIP
    servers. If you are interested email me back.

    Joel Gathercole

    Joel Gathercole, Sep 5, 2004