    Also, I send in all three at the same time and always one gets "logged"
    in a day later than the other two. Looks like they're still
    *throttling*

    wunnuy, Dec 20, 2005

  2. wunnuy

    Bob Guest

    On 20 Dec 2005 09:09:41 -0800, "wunnuy" <> wrote:

    >I've finally realized, every monday when I get an emial saying they've
    >received my disks, they note the disks they will be sending out and
    >every single time, they're not sending them out until Tuesday. Has
    >anyone else noticed this? They acknowledge they're sending them out,
    >but not until the next day. This is baffling.
    >
    >Also, I send in all three at the same time and always one gets "logged"
    >in a day later than the other two. Looks like they're still
    >*throttling*

    The same thing is happening to me. I will only get 3 discs this entire
    week when I should get 9.

    My subscription comes up for renewal this weekend so I am dropping it
    until NF gets back to normal. I am going to call Thursday because
    Friday may be a holiday.

    There is a tremendous post office backlog right now and how it impacts
    NF is anybody's guess. But that is not my concern - I am only
    interested in results, and right not NF is not delivering value for my
    subscription dollar.

    Bob, Dec 20, 2005

  3. wunnuy

    Large Farva Guest

    "wunnuy" <> wrote in message
    > I've finally realized, every monday when I get an emial saying they've
    > received my disks, they note the disks they will be sending out and
    > every single time, they're not sending them out until Tuesday. Has
    > anyone else noticed this? They acknowledge they're sending them out,
    > but not until the next day. This is baffling.
    >
    > Also, I send in all three at the same time and always one gets "logged"
    > in a day later than the other two. Looks like they're still
    > *throttling*

    Netflix could send me 2 DVD's a week and they would STILL be 500% better
    than Blockbuster. At least Netflix sends the discs and doesn't charge you
    when you want to cancel.

    Large Farva, Dec 20, 2005
  4. wunnuy

    Bratboy Guest

    "wunnuy" <> wrote in message
    > I've finally realized, every monday when I get an emial saying they've
    > received my disks, they note the disks they will be sending out and
    > every single time, they're not sending them out until Tuesday. Has
    > anyone else noticed this? They acknowledge they're sending them out,
    > but not until the next day. This is baffling.
    >
    > Also, I send in all three at the same time and always one gets "logged"
    > in a day later than the other two. Looks like they're still
    > *throttling*

    Think they maybe close on sunday since no mail on that day. I usually try to
    remember to send some back always on saturday. Then on monday I get emails
    of recipt and new movie due to arrive on Tuesday. This works well for
    getting titles coming out on tuesday. For example sent 2 back sunday and 2
    not hitting the street till today titles are already here, hehe. Cant
    explain the delay on recording some returns, usually they get all mine at
    once but have once or twice had one disc of a batch sent back that takes an
    extra day before reciept...just assunmed was busy day for em

    Bratboy, Dec 20, 2005
  5. wunnuy

    wunnuy Guest

    Bratboy wrote:
    > "wunnuy" <> wrote in message
    >> Think they maybe close on sunday since no mail on that day. I usually try to

    > remember to send some back always on saturday. Then on monday I get emails
    > of recipt and new movie due to arrive on Tuesday. This works well for
    > getting titles coming out on tuesday. For example sent 2 back sunday and 2
    > not hitting the street till today titles are already here, hehe. Cant
    > explain the delay on recording some returns, usually they get all mine at
    > once but have once or twice had one disc of a batch sent back that takes an
    > extra day before reciept...just assunmed was busy day for em

    Netflix is closed on sat-sun. But every monday they get my disks and
    acknowledge it, but don't send the replacements until Tuesday.

    wunnuy, Dec 20, 2005
  6. wunnuy

    Bratboy Guest

    "wunnuy" <> wrote in message

    > Bratboy wrote:
    >> "wunnuy" <> wrote in message
    >>> Think they maybe close on sunday since no mail on that day. I usually
    >>> try to

    >> remember to send some back always on saturday. Then on monday I get
    >> emails
    >> of recipt and new movie due to arrive on Tuesday. This works well for
    >> getting titles coming out on tuesday. For example sent 2 back sunday and
    >> 2
    >> not hitting the street till today titles are already here, hehe. Cant
    >> explain the delay on recording some returns, usually they get all mine at
    >> once but have once or twice had one disc of a batch sent back that takes
    >> an
    >> extra day before reciept...just assunmed was busy day for em

    > Netflix is closed on sat-sun. But every monday they get my disks and
    > acknowledge it, but don't send the replacements until Tuesday.

    Guess it could be a regional thing. Im in Denver and turnaround seems pretty
    fast here. Maybe your facility is overburdened so they are slower or
    something of that nature. It could even be something as simple as time of
    day their outgoing mail is picked up. If mail gets picked up just once in
    early AM then by time stuff is logged as returned they have to wait for next
    days pickup to ship next disk (sorry if not clear) Of course this is just
    guesswork on my part, no facts to back it up.

    Bratboy, Dec 20, 2005
  7. wunnuy

    wunnuy Guest

    Bratboy wrote:
    >> Guess it could be a regional thing. Im in Denver and turnaround seems pretty

    > fast here. Maybe your facility is overburdened so they are slower or
    > something of that nature. It could even be something as simple as time of
    > day their outgoing mail is picked up. If mail gets picked up just once in
    > early AM then by time stuff is logged as returned they have to wait for next
    > days pickup to ship next disk (sorry if not clear) Of course this is just
    > guesswork on my part, no facts to back it up.

    Well I get the emails stating they've received my disks usually when I
    log on, around 8-8:30. I'm in Los Angeles, the second biggest market in
    teh country, I can't see any reason for them to not have the disks out
    the same day they say they received them. Oddly, one time a few weeks
    ago, I returned disks on a Thurs morning and recieved the next set of
    disks two days later, so I thought maybe they were getting back to how
    they used to be, but I guess not.

    wunnuy, Dec 20, 2005
  8. wunnuy

    kaydigi Guest

    "wunnuy" <> wrote in message
    > Bratboy wrote:
    >>> Guess it could be a regional thing. Im in Denver and turnaround seems
    >>> pretty

    >> fast here. Maybe your facility is overburdened so they are slower or
    >> something of that nature. It could even be something as simple as time of
    >> day their outgoing mail is picked up. If mail gets picked up just once in
    >> early AM then by time stuff is logged as returned they have to wait for
    >> next
    >> days pickup to ship next disk (sorry if not clear) Of course this is just
    >> guesswork on my part, no facts to back it up.

    > Well I get the emails stating they've received my disks usually when I
    > log on, around 8-8:30. I'm in Los Angeles, the second biggest market in
    > teh country, I can't see any reason for them to not have the disks out
    > the same day they say they received them. Oddly, one time a few weeks
    > ago, I returned disks on a Thurs morning and recieved the next set of
    > disks two days later, so I thought maybe they were getting back to how
    > they used to be, but I guess not.

    What disk are getting delayed? New Tuesday releases, recent new releases,
    obscure titles??

    The same thing happens to me once a month in Richmond, VA with mainly non
    new releases. Stuff like Saving Private Ryan and similar titles.

    kaydigi, Dec 20, 2005
  9. wunnuy

    wunnuy Guest

    I have mostly TV show titles in my queue. I'm in the middle of season 3
    of six feeet under, which has been out for a long time.

    wunnuy, Dec 20, 2005
  10. wunnuy

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>,
    wunnuy <> wrote:

    > Bratboy wrote:
    > >> Guess it could be a regional thing. Im in Denver and turnaround seems
    > >> pretty

    > > fast here. Maybe your facility is overburdened so they are slower or
    > > something of that nature. It could even be something as simple as time of
    > > day their outgoing mail is picked up. If mail gets picked up just once in
    > > early AM then by time stuff is logged as returned they have to wait for next
    > > days pickup to ship next disk (sorry if not clear) Of course this is just
    > > guesswork on my part, no facts to back it up.

    > Well I get the emails stating they've received my disks usually when I
    > log on, around 8-8:30. I'm in Los Angeles, the second biggest market in
    > teh country, I can't see any reason for them to not have the disks out
    > the same day they say they received them.

    I'd guess the fact that it's the biggest market, and on Monday they're
    dealing with two days worth of returns (those mailed back the previous
    Friday and Saturday), is a factor. If they don't start mailing anything
    out until every return is logged in, it'll probably be the next day
    before most of the stuff is mailed.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Dec 20, 2005
  11. wunnuy

    wunnuy Guest

    except back in the old days before they started their throttling
    policies, they used to get them on a Monday and send them out the same
    day.

    wunnuy, Dec 20, 2005
  12. wunnuy

    Biz Guest

    "wunnuy" <> wrote in message
    > except back in the old days before they started their throttling
    > policies, they used to get them on a Monday and send them out the same
    > day.

    Or b4 their customer base exceeded their capacity to service the accounts at
    certain distro centers...but that would be way too logical a way to look at
    it...all you want is all the disks in your queue available all the time
    right?

    Biz, Dec 20, 2005
  13. wunnuy

    wunnuy Guest

    I want the disks that say "available now" sent to me now, not the next
    day or two or three days later. If their customer base has exceeded
    their capacity to service the accounts in the manner which they
    advertise, they need to change their policy then to "as many disks as
    we deem necessary within a month period" rather than "unlimited."
    That's why they were sued and lost.

    wunnuy, Dec 20, 2005
  14. wunnuy

    Bob Guest

    On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:01:30 GMT, "Large Farva" <>
    wrote:

    >Netflix could send me 2 DVD's a week and they would STILL be 500% better
    >than Blockbuster. At least Netflix sends the discs and doesn't charge you
    >when you want to cancel.

    Another possibility is that because of the holidays people are
    ordering more discs which coupled with the post office deluge is
    creating slow responses.

    I don't care what the excuse is. I am going on the sidelines until NF
    gets back to normal. I do not have to watch DVDs all the time. There
    are other things in life.

    Bob, Dec 21, 2005
  15. wunnuy

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>, Bob
    <> wrote:

    > On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 18:01:30 GMT, "Large Farva" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Netflix could send me 2 DVD's a week and they would STILL be 500% better
    > >than Blockbuster. At least Netflix sends the discs and doesn't charge you
    > >when you want to cancel.

    > Another possibility is that because of the holidays people are
    > ordering more discs which coupled with the post office deluge is
    > creating slow responses.
    >
    > I don't care what the excuse is. I am going on the sidelines until NF
    > gets back to normal. I do not have to watch DVDs all the time. There
    > are other things in life.

    Nothing wrong with that. I always seem to be two weeks away from
    canceling, as I run out of things I'm interested in. One of these days
    I won't find another batch to fill my queue and I'll finally leave.

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

    Invid Fan, Dec 21, 2005
  16. wunnuy

    NFord Guest

    "wunnuy" <> wrote in message
    > I've finally realized, every monday when I get an emial saying they've
    > received my disks, they note the disks they will be sending out and
    > every single time, they're not sending them out until Tuesday. Has
    > anyone else noticed this? They acknowledge they're sending them out,
    > but not until the next day. This is baffling.
    >
    > Also, I send in all three at the same time and always one gets "logged"
    > in a day later than the other two. Looks like they're still
    > *throttling*

    I'd like to "throttle" them. Their turn-around time
    has more than doubled since they realized that I
    was not one of their sit-on-the-DVDs-for-a-week
    customers. False advertising scumbags!!

    NFord, Dec 21, 2005
  17. wunnuy

    Guest

    When does the throttling normally start. I've been a subscriber for
    almost a year (2nd week of January) and have yet to encounter delayed
    shipping and long waits for new releases. I'm on the 3-out plan...this
    past Monday I returned 3, then today received "4 Brothers" and 2
    "older" disks (Polar Express and the Bad News Bears remake). When I
    hit the magic 1-year mark do you think I'll see a difference?
    According to my account I've gotten 162 films so far in 11.5 months,
    which I think is pretty good. I'm about 40 miles from the distribution
    center for my area...I've seen 1 film come from a different center, but
    there wasn't any degredation in shipping speed.

    , Dec 21, 2005
  18. wunnuy

    wunnuy Guest

    I was a customer for about three years before it started this year. I
    probably brought them at least ten customers too, over the years
    becuase the service used to be amazing. You really used to be able to
    get unlimited, e.g., you return a movie and you received the next one
    right away. If you're truly having a quick turnover, expect to see the
    throttling soon.

    wunnuy, Dec 22, 2005
  19. wunnuy

    kaydigi Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > When does the throttling normally start. I've been a subscriber for
    > almost a year (2nd week of January) and have yet to encounter delayed
    > shipping and long waits for new releases. I'm on the 3-out plan...this
    > past Monday I returned 3, then today received "4 Brothers" and 2
    > "older" disks (Polar Express and the Bad News Bears remake). When I
    > hit the magic 1-year mark do you think I'll see a difference?
    > According to my account I've gotten 162 films so far in 11.5 months,
    > which I think is pretty good. I'm about 40 miles from the distribution
    > center for my area...I've seen 1 film come from a different center, but
    > there wasn't any degredation in shipping speed.

    Doesn't matter how many total, it matters how much per month (billing
    cycle).

    kaydigi, Dec 22, 2005
  20. wunnuy

    Bob Guest

    On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 12:37:51 -0500, Invid Fan <>
    wrote:

    >One of these days
    >I won't find another batch to fill my queue and I'll finally leave.

    Now is the time to do it. You can always come back when they get their
    act together.

    --

    Our revels now are ended. These are actors as I foretold
    you were all spirits and are melted into air, into thin air,

    Bob, Dec 22, 2005