    pro is licensed for a second computer. Does anyone have an idea or a place
    for me to check?

    Thanks!

    Karl, Jan 23, 2008

  2. Generally, XP Pro x64 only comes as an OEM license. However, a copy of the
    EULA is reached on your computer by opening the Help and Support Center and
    typing "eula" in the Search box. Look down the left pane for "What does the
    End User License Agreement (EULA) say?" Look for Article 14 of the EULA.
    Mine does permit transfer of the software to another workstation but mine is
    from MSDN so you need to read yours.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Karl

    DP Guest

    Are you talking about running it on two computers?
    Or are you simply going to transfer the OS from one computer to another?

    DP, Jan 23, 2008
  4. Karl

    Stefan Pendl Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:27:01 -0800, Karl
    <> wrote:

    >I bought this from my university about two years ago, and am now building
    >myself another computer. I would hate to have all the parts get here and not
    >have an OS to install on it, but can't find any reference to if my copy of XP
    >pro is licensed for a second computer. Does anyone have an idea or a place
    >for me to check?

    In general, you have to buy one O/S CD for each computer, you can not
    use it on more than one computer.
    If you have a volume license for the O/S, then you can use it on the
    licensed number of computers.

    ---
    Stefan Pendl

    Stefan Pendl, Jan 23, 2008
  5. Karl

    Karl Guest

    Re: Is my XP Professional x64 Edition licensed for multiple comput

    The game plan would be to uninstall it from my previous computer, as the
    hardware is dying quickly. So I would only have the OS installed on one
    machine.

    Karl, Jan 23, 2008
  6. Re: Is my XP Professional x64 Edition licensed for multiple comput

    As I indicated in my other reply in this thread, check the EULA, article 14.
    It appears to allow unlimited transfer of the software internally and
    transfer externally one time only. I suspect your's will permit what you
    want to do.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 23, 2008