Is my Windows Server 2003 over Intel Xeon 5150 running in 32 or 64bits ?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by for.fun@laposte.net, Apr 14, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I know that the 32-bits or 64-bits OS version question was asked many
    times before.
    Anyway, I googled for the question but did not find any answer which
    matches my problem.

    At work, we have a huge problem: we compiled an application under a
    Windows XP SP2 32-bits OS (build 5.1.2600) and we tried to make it
    work on a Windows Server 2003 (build 5.2.3790) which runs over a 2x
    DualCore Intel Xeon 5150, 2000 MHz (6 x 333). Unfortunately, the
    application is unstable and can crash anywhere in the code whereas it
    perfectly works unders our 32-bits systems.

    I checked and my Xeon CPU is a 64-bits one.
    The OS name is "Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise
    Edition" (displayed by Lavalys Everest).
    I read that the build 5.2.3790 is the same as Windows XP x64 so I
    suppose that my Windows Server 2003 will run in 32-bits over 32-bits
    CPU and will run in 64-bits mode over 64-bits CPU.

    => So I suppose, I am running my Windows Server 2003 in 64-bits mode.
    Could you confirm please ?

    Sorry but I did not find any reliable way to be sure of this.

    , Apr 14, 2008

  2. Dominick Guest

    Re: Is my Windows Server 2003 over Intel Xeon 5150 running in 32or 64 bits ?

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I know that the 32-bits or 64-bits OS version question was asked many
    > times before.
    > Anyway, I googled for the question but did not find any answer which
    > matches my problem.
    >
    > At work, we have a huge problem: we compiled an application under a
    > Windows XP SP2 32-bits OS (build 5.1.2600) and we tried to make it
    > work on a Windows Server 2003 (build 5.2.3790) which runs over a 2x
    > DualCore Intel Xeon 5150, 2000 MHz (6 x 333). Unfortunately, the
    > application is unstable and can crash anywhere in the code whereas it
    > perfectly works unders our 32-bits systems.
    >
    > I checked and my Xeon CPU is a 64-bits one.
    > The OS name is "Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Enterprise
    > Edition" (displayed by Lavalys Everest).
    > I read that the build 5.2.3790 is the same as Windows XP x64 so I
    > suppose that my Windows Server 2003 will run in 32-bits over 32-bits
    > CPU and will run in 64-bits mode over 64-bits CPU.
    >
    > => So I suppose, I am running my Windows Server 2003 in 64-bits mode.
    > Could you confirm please ?
    >
    > Sorry but I did not find any reliable way to be sure of this.

    Under Control Panel/System in Windows Server 2008 (I am not running 2003
    sorry), it says System type is 64 bit operating system. You should find
    something similar in there...

    Dominick, Apr 15, 2008

  3. Guest

    On 15 avr, 03:17, Dominick <> wrote:

    > Under Control Panel/System in Windows Server 2008 (I am not running 2003
    > sorry), it says System type is 64 bit operating system. You should find
    > something similar in there...

    Thanks.
    In facts, I already did this but I did not see any system type
    information so I suppose I am working in 32-bits mode (even if my CPU
    is a 64-bits one).

    , Apr 15, 2008
  4. Re: Is my Windows Server 2003 over Intel Xeon 5150 running in 32 or 64 bits ?

    If you have both Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders then it is
    64bit. If there is no Program Files (x86) folder then it is 32bit.

    Colin Barnhorst, Apr 15, 2008