    $250usd.

    Thanks.

    Darren.
    Pheare, May 8, 2004

  2. Pheare

    Biz Guest

    "Pheare" <> wrote in message
    news:1kpibaskeonm4$.1rus2kmc08cqe$...
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I think my trusty Panasonic a310 has finally bit the dust. It is coming

    on
    > 5 years old has had about 700 movies played through it.
    >
    > Watched A Big Fish on Sunday, today, it can't read any dvd I put into it.
    >
    > I read in an earlier post that cleaning discs don't really work too well.
    > Is this true? Any thoughts on whether the thing is pooched or not?
    >
    > If I do get a new one, I want a progressive scan one. Any

    recommendations?
    > I can't afford the best of the best. Am probably looking to spend about
    > $250usd.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Darren.

    Do you have a tv capable of a progressive scan signal? Although its getting
    nearly impossible to find non-progressive scan players anymore. YOu can't
    take advantage of the feature unless you have a more expensive tv.

    For my money, currently you can't beat the Pioneer 563A. It plays DVD
    video, DVD-Audio, SACD, mp3, and wma I believe. I also think it supports
    VCD, SVCD, XVDD, XSVCD, etc...recordable media....

    A great all around player and its only about $150US or less.
    Biz, May 8, 2004

  3. Pheare

    Pheare Guest

    On Sat, 08 May 2004 03:29:59 GMT, Biz wrote:

    > Do you have a tv capable of a progressive scan signal? Although its getting
    > nearly impossible to find non-progressive scan players anymore. YOu can't
    > take advantage of the feature unless you have a more expensive tv.
    >
    > For my money, currently you can't beat the Pioneer 563A. It plays DVD
    > video, DVD-Audio, SACD, mp3, and wma I believe. I also think it supports
    > VCD, SVCD, XVDD, XSVCD, etc...recordable media....
    >
    > A great all around player and its only about $150US or less.

    Thanks for the reply.

    My tv is hdtv. I will check out the 563A.

    Though I am really mostly concerned with picture quality of a store bought
    dvd. I am set up pretty well on other fronts when it comes to listening to
    my mp3s over the home stereo or viewing pictures on my tv.

    Darren.
    Pheare, May 8, 2004
  4. "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > For my money, currently you can't beat the Pioneer 563A. It plays DVD
    > video, DVD-Audio, SACD, mp3, and wma I believe. I also think it supports
    > VCD, SVCD, XVDD, XSVCD, etc...recordable media....
    >
    > A great all around player and its only about $150US or less.

    I'll second you on that. Great player, unbelieveable price. If this
    player was $500 I would pay every cent without any hesitation. :)

    --
    Demolition Man
    Brian The Demolition Man Little, May 8, 2004
  5. Pheare

    Biz Guest

    "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message
    > "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > > For my money, currently you can't beat the Pioneer 563A. It plays DVD
    > > video, DVD-Audio, SACD, mp3, and wma I believe. I also think it

    supports
    > > VCD, SVCD, XVDD, XSVCD, etc...recordable media....
    > >
    > > A great all around player and its only about $150US or less.

    > I'll second you on that. Great player, unbelieveable price. If this
    > player was $500 I would pay every cent without any hesitation. :)
    >
    > --
    > Demolition Man

    I'm not sure I'd go that far. C'mon, it IS silver ;)

    For $500 I'd go with a Denon
    Biz, May 8, 2004
  6. Pheare

    Pug Fugley Guest

    "Pheare" <> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I think my trusty Panasonic a310 has finally bit the dust. It is coming

    on
    > 5 years old has had about 700 movies played through it.

    Hey, it lasted 4 years longer than it should have.

    > Watched A Big Fish on Sunday, today, it can't read any dvd I put into it.
    >
    > I read in an earlier post that cleaning discs don't really work too well.
    > Is this true? Any thoughts on whether the thing is pooched or not?
    >
    > If I do get a new one, I want a progressive scan one. Any

    recommendations?
    > I can't afford the best of the best. Am probably looking to spend about
    > $250usd.

    No use to spend that much, unless you want DVD Audio, SACD, MP3, and WMA
    support...or a 400 disc changer.

    If you just want a good DVD player, you can get one far better than your
    A310 for under $100.
    Pug Fugley, May 9, 2004
  7. Pheare

    Pug Fugley Guest

    "Biz" <> wrote in message

    > "Brian The Demolition Man Little" <> wrote in message
    > > "Biz" <> wrote in message
    > > > For my money, currently you can't beat the Pioneer 563A. It plays DVD
    > > > video, DVD-Audio, SACD, mp3, and wma I believe. I also think it

    > supports
    > > > VCD, SVCD, XVDD, XSVCD, etc...recordable media....
    > > >
    > > > A great all around player and its only about $150US or less.

    > > I'll second you on that. Great player, unbelieveable price. If this
    > > player was $500 I would pay every cent without any hesitation. :)
    > >
    > > --
    > > Demolition Man
    > >

    > I'm not sure I'd go that far. C'mon, it IS silver ;)
    >
    > For $500 I'd go with a Denon

    ....or save $300 and buy a Toshiba. Toshiba makes them for Denon. The mid-fi
    companies like Denon, Onkyo, Marantz don't make their own players.
    Pug Fugley, May 9, 2004