    Can this be upgraded with the full install CD or will I need to wipe my disk?

    Thank you--
    NMG

    =?Utf-8?B?Tk1HLUNU?=, Dec 3, 2005

  2. You can upgrade it but its major NO NO, do a clean install instead, back up
    any data you created on it then format the hard disk and do clean install.
    Upgrades from betas are also not supported, since significant changes occurr
    between the beta and the RTM which can make it difficult to diagnose
    problems you might encounter with applications or hardware devices,
    especially for a build such as 1069.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 3, 2005

  3. Thanks Andre. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it's good to know how
    to proceed.

    Best,
    NMG

    =?Utf-8?B?Tk1HLUNU?=, Dec 3, 2005
  4. Yeah, its not what you were hoping for, but its better in the long term.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 3, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Tk1HLUNU?=

    Default User Guest

    Build 1069 of WINXP64 Edition is Beta 1 of WINXP64 Edition, just FYI.

    Default User, Dec 6, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Tk1HLUNU?=

    Gregg Guest

    Yes, it will upgrade and retain your settings just fine.

    Gregg, Dec 7, 2005