    utterly stupid! One last thing, I've now drunk so much cough mixture that,
    if the coughing doesn't kill me, an overdose of this stuff will!

    Thanks

    Phil-on-a-hill, Sep 21, 2003

  2. On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 08:36:28 +0100, "Phil-on-a-hill"
    <> wrote:

    >Weird title eh? But something is definitely going on here, possibly
    >involving my PC and possibly not. OK, first of all, I've had the machine a
    >long time and have had no troubles. However, just lately I have begun
    >coughing my guts out when in the computer room (but nowhere else). I'd like
    >to say that something has changed inside the case of late, but nothing has,
    >everything's as it should be. So, what about the rest of the room? Well,
    >about the only change that springs to mind is that there are now a lot of
    >books that wern't there before. This is gonna sound even more crazy but
    >could I possibly be reacting to some of them in some way? I can't really put
    >them anywhere else because there's too many and there's no room anywhere
    >else anyway. Right, a bit more info, I definitely cough more towards the
    >evening than I do during the day, which makes one wonder... I'm going to the
    >Doctor's soon and am going to tell him about the situation but it feels so
    >utterly stupid! One last thing, I've now drunk so much cough mixture that,
    >if the coughing doesn't kill me, an overdose of this stuff will!
    >
    >Thanks

    ++
    I once had an allergic reaction to war and piece :),

    Joseph.

    Joseph Minelli, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Phil-on-a-hill

    Mike0000 Guest

    Phil-on-a-hill wrote:

    > Weird title eh? But something is definitely going on here, possibly
    > involving my PC and possibly not. OK, first of all, I've had the machine a
    > long time and have had no troubles. However, just lately I have begun
    > coughing my guts out when in the computer room (but nowhere else). I'd like
    > to say that something has changed inside the case of late, but nothing has,
    > everything's as it should be. So, what about the rest of the room? Well,
    > about the only change that springs to mind is that there are now a lot of
    > books that wern't there before. This is gonna sound even more crazy but
    > could I possibly be reacting to some of them in some way? I can't really put
    > them anywhere else because there's too many and there's no room anywhere
    > else anyway. Right, a bit more info, I definitely cough more towards the
    > evening than I do during the day, which makes one wonder... I'm going to the
    > Doctor's soon and am going to tell him about the situation but it feels so
    > utterly stupid! One last thing, I've now drunk so much cough mixture that,
    > if the coughing doesn't kill me, an overdose of this stuff will!
    >
    > Thanks

    Allergic reaction to books. Now consider this:

    Books have allergens but for the most part they sit still. Put them
    near a computer which is just a box that sucks in air and pushes it out
    in all directions. That could be moving the allergens in the area
    around your computer.

    Get rid of the books, air out the room, and see what happens. Put them
    in the bathroom if you have to. Makes for some nice reading.

    --
    Mike
    Block Banner Ads Now

    Mike0000, Sep 21, 2003
  4. Phil-on-a-hill

    Soup Guest

    Phil-on-a-hill wrote:
    > Weird title eh? But something is definitely going on here, possibly
    > involving my PC and possibly not. OK, first of all, I've had the
    > machine a long time and have had no troubles. However, just lately I
    > have begun coughing my guts out when in the computer room (but
    > nowhere else). I'd like to say that something has changed inside the
    > case of late, but nothing has, everything's as it should be. So, what
    > about the rest of the room? Well, about the only change that springs
    > to mind is that there are now a lot of books that wern't there
    > before. This is gonna sound even more crazy but could I possibly be
    > reacting to some of them in some way? I can't really put them
    > anywhere else because there's too many and there's no room anywhere
    > else anyway. Right, a bit more info, I definitely cough more towards
    > the evening than I do during the day, which makes one wonder... I'm
    > going to the Doctor's soon and am going to tell him about the
    > situation but it feels so utterly stupid! One last thing, I've now
    > drunk so much cough mixture that, if the coughing doesn't kill me, an
    > overdose of this stuff will!
    >
    > Thanks

    Dust on the books (books are well known for being dry and dusty)or maybe
    dust has settled in the case and is being burnt/vapourised by the heat
    inside the case Maybe a good clean inside the case (plugged in but not
    switched on ,air duster and a mini vac, not the household cleaner with the
    stair attachment jammed on ) there should be lots of web sites out there
    that have got info/advice on cleaning inside your comp case .
    Just as an aside have you noticed a smell that wasn't there before or have
    you put an air freshner in the comp' room these can both set your lungs off
    (leading to the coughing) .You don't say if it's a"wet" cough or a dry
    unproductive "hacking" cough.
    All this should be after the Doc' checks you out and decides its not a
    serious problem ,unfortunately allergies/reactions can take a while to set
    in so you may actually have to get rid of the computer.
    One last thing I'll bet your male, as a woman (generally) will go to the
    doc about anything (there is a reason women tend to live longer than
    men),men not so. I am sure the Doc' would rather have ten visits the patient
    considers stupid than miss one serious case
    Disclaimer :- I am NOT a doctor and I haven't seen you so all this is
    purely speculative

    --
    yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
    Illegitimi non carborundrum

    Soup, Sep 21, 2003
  5. Phil-on-a-hill

    geopelia Guest

    "Soup" <> wrote in message
    > Phil-on-a-hill wrote:
    > > Weird title eh? But something is definitely going on here, possibly
    > > involving my PC and possibly not. OK, first of all, I've had the
    > > machine a long time and have had no troubles. However, just lately I
    > > have begun coughing my guts out when in the computer room (but
    > > nowhere else). I'd like to say that something has changed inside the
    > > case of late, but nothing has, everything's as it should be. So, what
    > > about the rest of the room? Well, about the only change that springs
    > > to mind is that there are now a lot of books that wern't there
    > > before. This is gonna sound even more crazy but could I possibly be
    > > reacting to some of them in some way? I can't really put them
    > > anywhere else because there's too many and there's no room anywhere
    > > else anyway. Right, a bit more info, I definitely cough more towards
    > > the evening than I do during the day, which makes one wonder... I'm
    > > going to the Doctor's soon and am going to tell him about the
    > > situation but it feels so utterly stupid! One last thing, I've now
    > > drunk so much cough mixture that, if the coughing doesn't kill me, an
    > > overdose of this stuff will!
    > >
    > > Thanks

    > Dust on the books (books are well known for being dry and dusty)or maybe
    > dust has settled in the case and is being burnt/vapourised by the heat
    > inside the case Maybe a good clean inside the case (plugged in but not
    > switched on ,air duster and a mini vac, not the household cleaner with the
    > stair attachment jammed on ) there should be lots of web sites out there
    > that have got info/advice on cleaning inside your comp case .
    > Just as an aside have you noticed a smell that wasn't there before or have
    > you put an air freshner in the comp' room these can both set your lungs

    off
    > (leading to the coughing) .You don't say if it's a"wet" cough or a dry
    > unproductive "hacking" cough.
    > All this should be after the Doc' checks you out and decides its not a
    > serious problem ,unfortunately allergies/reactions can take a while to set
    > in so you may actually have to get rid of the computer.
    > One last thing I'll bet your male, as a woman (generally) will go to the
    > doc about anything (there is a reason women tend to live longer than
    > men),men not so. I am sure the Doc' would rather have ten visits the

    patient
    > considers stupid than miss one serious case
    > Disclaimer :- I am NOT a doctor and I haven't seen you so all this is
    > purely speculative
    >
    > --
    > yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
    > Illegitimi non carborundrum
    > www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php

    Don't use one of these plug in perfume things that go in a power plug. They
    will get right down in your lungs as you breathe. I always have to ask for a
    taxi that doesn't have one or I am badly affected. They should be banned in
    any public place as so many people are affected by them.
    Geopelia

    geopelia, Sep 21, 2003
  6. Phil-on-a-hill

    me Guest

    In article <>, Mike0000
    <> writes
    >Phil-on-a-hill wrote:
    >
    >> Weird title eh? But something is definitely going on here, possibly
    >> involving my PC and possibly not. OK, first of all, I've had the machine a
    >> long time and have had no troubles. However, just lately I have begun
    >> coughing my guts out when in the computer room (but nowhere else). I'd like
    >> to say that something has changed inside the case of late, but nothing has,
    >> everything's as it should be.

    <Snip>

    I had something similar with an old puter, it ended when i cleaned the
    dust out of the fans ... and psu .. both were clogged up

    --
    Paul/steve starman_uk

    me, Sep 21, 2003
  7. Phil-on-a-hill

    Patrick Guest

    It's probably a virus that you got from the Computer
    As for medication, Try some AVlinctus, (cough, cough cough).
    :( rofl :) (cough, cough cough) :) rofl :(

    What happens when the machine is off, or if you move it out of the room?

    (cough, cough cough)

    Patrick, Sep 21, 2003