Is MS Windows ready for the desktop?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ams67, Nov 22, 2005.

  1. ams67

    ams67 Guest

    ams67, Nov 22, 2005

  2. ams67

    Not Dave Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:24:43 +1300, "ams67"
    <> growled these words from under a rock:

    >(IMHO)Interesting article:
    >http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/47221/index.html

    This is as old as the hills, and just as stupid back then.

    It's also been ripped apart and discredited numerous times. However,
    you're not really interested in debate, are you?

    Not Dave, Nov 22, 2005

  3. ams67

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:44:46 +1300, Not Dave <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:24:43 +1300, "ams67"
    ><> growled these words from under a rock:
    >
    >>(IMHO)Interesting article:
    >>http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/47221/index.html
    >>

    >This is as old as the hills, and just as stupid back then.
    >
    >It's also been ripped apart and discredited numerous times. However,
    >you're not really interested in debate, are you?

    It is meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

    GraB, Nov 22, 2005
  4. ams67

    ams67 Guest

    Not Dave wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:24:43 +1300, "ams67"
    > <> growled these words from under a rock:
    >
    >> (IMHO)Interesting article:
    >> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/47221/index.html
    >>

    > This is as old as the hills, and just as stupid back then.

    > It's also been ripped apart and discredited numerous times. However,
    > you're not really interested in debate, are you?

    On the contrary, I would be very interested (perhaprs even amused) in
    reading your comments about that funny but realistic article.

    ams67, Nov 22, 2005
  5. ams67

    Rob J Guest

    In article <1132689187.508362@ftpsrv1>,
    says...
    > Not Dave wrote:
    > > On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:24:43 +1300, "ams67"
    > > <> growled these words from under a rock:
    > >
    > >> (IMHO)Interesting article:
    > >> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/47221/index.html
    > >>

    > > This is as old as the hills, and just as stupid back then.

    > > It's also been ripped apart and discredited numerous times. However,
    > > you're not really interested in debate, are you?

    > On the contrary, I would be very interested (perhaprs even amused) in
    > reading your comments about that funny but realistic article.

    The usual load of crap from small mindedn idiots who rant all day long
    in here

    Rob J, Nov 22, 2005
  6. ams67

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 09:54:59 +1300, Rob J <> wrote:

    >In article <1132689187.508362@ftpsrv1>,
    >says...
    >> Not Dave wrote:
    >> > On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:24:43 +1300, "ams67"
    >> > <> growled these words from under a rock:

    >> > This is as old as the hills, and just as stupid back then.

    >> > It's also been ripped apart and discredited numerous times. However,
    >> > you're not really interested in debate, are you?

    >> On the contrary, I would be very interested (perhaprs even amused) in
    >> reading your comments about that funny but realistic article.

    >The usual load of crap from small mindedn idiots who rant all day long
    >in here

    I didn't realise you were the OP.

    Bret, Nov 22, 2005
  7. ams67

    thing2 Guest

    Not Dave wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:24:43 +1300, "ams67"
    > <> growled these words from under a rock:
    >

    >>(IMHO)Interesting article:
    >>http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/47221/index.html
    >>

    > This is as old as the hills, and just as stupid back then.
    >
    > It's also been ripped apart and discredited numerous times. However,
    > you're not really interested in debate, are you?

    ah you mean you think his mind might be a closed as yours?

    I just love it when MS advocates yell and scream that Linux users and
    advocates have closed minds and are commies....like the kettle calling
    the pot black.

    The only difference I tend to see is that managers who have been out of
    the techy scene for a few years poo poo linux because they dont know a
    thing about it, (often spewing MS FUD in the process they have taken in
    verbatim) when in reality MS's OS has advanced so far that they dont
    know much about MS either.

    The big difference is of course they are further up the pecking order
    than the techies in question....

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Nov 23, 2005
  8. ams67

    Robert Cooze Guest

    ams67 wrote:
    > Not Dave wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 00:24:43 +1300, "ams67"
    >><> growled these words from under a rock:
    >>

    >>>(IMHO)Interesting article:
    >>>http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/47221/index.html
    >>>

    >>This is as old as the hills, and just as stupid back then.

    >>It's also been ripped apart and discredited numerous times. However,
    >>you're not really interested in debate, are you?

    > On the contrary, I would be very interested (perhaprs even amused) in
    > reading your comments about that funny but realistic article.

    Yes One of the older Jokes the strange thing Is I think neither windows
    or linux (the only two I have experience of) are realy ready for the
    User Home Uce desktop cvant comment on mac what ever os they are on.
    Just from my famaly I get a never ending stream of questions on how do
    you do this? and (usaly its the same question) and It wont work (because
    sombody tryed fixing it) and this is windows XP home the inlaws machine.
    I would dread to put linux on that box as the questions would get even
    more and more well maby they wont try to fix it i guess.

    Robert Cooze, Nov 23, 2005