  1. CSE

    CSE Guest

    9 patches out on Tuesday, but that is the 12th April..

    CSE, Apr 11, 2005

  2. On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:35:36 +1200, CSE <>
    wrote:

    >9 patches out on Tuesday, but that is the 12th April..

    What are you wanking on about now

    FreedomChooser, Apr 11, 2005

  3. On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:34:07 +1200, FreedomChooser
    <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:35:36 +1200, CSE <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>9 patches out on Tuesday, but that is the 12th April..

    > What are you wanking on about now

    He wishes he knew.

    --
    Nicolaas

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Apr 11, 2005
  4. CSE

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:35:36 +1200, CSE wrote:

    > 9 patches out on Tuesday, but that is the 12th April..

    It sure is! Make a run for it! If you stay off the net they won't be able
    to track you!

    You'd better hurry though...

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Apr 11, 2005
  5. CSE

    tiddlywink Guest

    "CSE" <> wrote in message

    > 9 patches out on Tuesday, but that is the 12th April..

    Well obviously from that information the answer is yes - watch out

    tiddlywink, Apr 11, 2005
  6. CSE wrote:
    > 9 patches out on Tuesday, but that is the 12th April..

    not much of a trap if it is.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 11, 2005
  7. CSE

    steve Guest

    CSE wrote:

    > 9 patches out on Tuesday, but that is the 12th April..

    You mean.......

    If they want these 9 pathces, they will have to take SP2 as well.....

    ????

    steve, Apr 12, 2005
  8. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:52:30 +1200, steve <> wrote:

    >CSE wrote:
    >>

    >> 9 patches out on Tuesday, but that is the 12th April..

    >You mean.......
    >
    >If they want these 9 pathces, they will have to take SP2 as well.....
    >
    >????

    \

    Yes possible, that what I was on about you are the only person to twig so
    far..

    CSE, Apr 12, 2005
  9. CSE

    C9H8O4 Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > CSE wrote:
    >>

    >> 9 patches out on Tuesday, but that is the 12th April..

    > You mean.......
    >
    > If they want these 9 pathces, they will have to take SP2 as well.....
    >
    > ????

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups
    > =----

    Tuesday's patches are *security-related* patches so it makes sense that
    anybody downloading them would also want or already have SP2 because SP2
    was, primarily, a security-related update.

    C9H8O4, Apr 12, 2005
  10. On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:02:36 +1200, CSE <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 14:52:30 +1200, steve <> wrote:
    >
    >>CSE wrote:
    >>>

    >>> 9 patches out on Tuesday, but that is the 12th April..

    >>You mean.......
    >>
    >>If they want these 9 pathces, they will have to take SP2 as well.....
    >>
    >>????

    >\
    >
    >Yes possible, that what I was on about you are the only person to twig so
    >far..

    Only person paranoid or stupid enough or both

    MS makes the patches available for the current and previous SP
    It wont be mandatory to take SP2 until SP3 comes out

    FreedomChooser, Apr 12, 2005
  11. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:41:46 +1200, FreedomChooser <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:02:36 +1200, CSE <>
    >wrote:

    >>>You mean.......
    >>>
    >>>If they want these 9 pathces, they will have to take SP2 as well.....
    >>>
    >>>????

    >>\
    >>
    >>Yes possible, that what I was on about you are the only person to twig so
    >>far..

    >Only person paranoid or stupid enough or both
    >
    >MS makes the patches available for the current and previous SP
    >It wont be mandatory to take SP2 until SP3 comes out

    SP2 is Mandatory from the 12th..

    Little you know..

    CSE, Apr 12, 2005

  12. > SP2 is Mandatory from the 12th..

    > Little you know..

    er.. only for AutoUpdate people, WindowsUpdate people it isnt mandatory at
    all

    Shane (aka froggy), Apr 12, 2005
  13. CSE

    grolschie Guest

    "C9H8O4" <> wrote in message
    > ... because SP2 was, primarily, a security-related update.

    Or some see it as a performance, functionality and stability-related
    downgrade. ;-)
    grol

    grolschie, Apr 12, 2005
  14. On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:55:00 +1200, CSE <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:41:46 +1200, FreedomChooser <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:02:36 +1200, CSE <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>\
    >>>
    >>>Yes possible, that what I was on about you are the only person to twig so
    >>>far..

    >>Only person paranoid or stupid enough or both
    >>
    >>MS makes the patches available for the current and previous SP
    >>It wont be mandatory to take SP2 until SP3 comes out
    >>

    >SP2 is Mandatory from the 12th..
    >
    >Little you know..

    Bullshit

    1. SP2 can only be installed automatically if auto updates are enabled
    2. A tool was provided by MS to block autoinstall of SP2 up to a
    predetermined timeframe which expired April 12
    3. This is a separate issue from the requirement to install SP2 which
    is not a mandatory install
    4. Security patches and updates released to Windows XP have and will
    continue to require a minimum of only SP1. Mandating of SP2 will not
    occur until such time as SP3 is released.
    5. At any time the installation of any of these updates including SP2
    can be blocked by turning off the automatic update feature

    FreedomChooser, Apr 12, 2005
  15. CSE

    C9H8O4 Guest

    "grolschie" <> wrote in message

    > "C9H8O4" <> wrote in message
    >> ... because SP2 was, primarily, a security-related update.

    > Or some see it as a performance, functionality and stability-related
    > downgrade. ;-)
    > grol

    And they would be the online equivalent of the poor, deluded people you see
    rambling incoherently on street corners :)

    Even some of Microsoft's strongest critics agree that SP2 is a substantial
    leap forward with regard to security and functionality. Having used it
    personally and convinced a number of relatives and friends to install it too
    I can provide absolutely no negative feedback on SP2. It's
    performance-neutral, includes a number of positive functionality changes
    (popup blocking, the security centre and *huge* improvements to wireless
    management spring to mind as things I notice daily). On top of that I'm yet
    to see a blue screen in around 9 months of daily usage. What has been your
    personal experience ?

    C9H8O4, Apr 12, 2005
  16. CSE wrote:
    >>Only person paranoid or stupid enough or both
    >>MS makes the patches available for the current and previous SP
    >>It wont be mandatory to take SP2 until SP3 comes out

    > SP2 is Mandatory from the 12th..
    > Little you know..

    no it's fucking not, stop spreading mis-information.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 12, 2005
  17. CSE

    shannon Guest

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:34:50 +1200, grolschie wrote:

    > "C9H8O4" <> wrote in message
    >> ... because SP2 was, primarily, a security-related update.

    > Or some see it as a performance, functionality and stability-related
    > downgrade. ;-)
    > grol

    Ah yes
    Flat Earthers

    shannon, Apr 12, 2005
  18. CSE

    CSE Guest

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:31:47 +1200, shannon <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:34:50 +1200, grolschie wrote:
    >

    >> "C9H8O4" <> wrote in message
    >>> ... because SP2 was, primarily, a security-related update.

    >> Or some see it as a performance, functionality and stability-related
    >> downgrade. ;-)
    >> grol

    >Ah yes
    >Flat Earthers

    Initially the respite was for 120 days. But faced with concerns from IT
    professionals, Microsoft doubled that to allow more time to prepare for the
    mammoth update. On April 12 the blocking mechanism will expire and Automatic
    Updates and the Windows Update Web site will deliver SP2 regardless of the
    block. "I am ready for XP SP2 now," said Thomas Smith, manager of desktop
    engineering at a large Houston-based company. Smith blocked the SP2 download
    on the 5,000 PCs he manages.

    Please Note this

    Windows Update Web site will deliver SP2 regardless

    This is nothing at all to do with Auto Updates IT MEANS ANY UPDATES..

    CSE, Apr 13, 2005
  19. CSE

    shannon Guest

    CSE wrote:
    > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 08:31:47 +1200, shannon <> wrote:
    >

    >>On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:34:50 +1200, grolschie wrote:
    >>

    >>>"C9H8O4" <> wrote in message

    >>>Or some see it as a performance, functionality and stability-related
    >>>downgrade. ;-)
    >>>grol

    >>Ah yes
    >>Flat Earthers

    > Initially the respite was for 120 days. But faced with concerns from IT
    > professionals, Microsoft doubled that to allow more time to prepare for the
    > mammoth update. On April 12 the blocking mechanism will expire and Automatic
    > Updates and the Windows Update Web site will deliver SP2 regardless of the
    > block. "I am ready for XP SP2 now," said Thomas Smith, manager of desktop
    > engineering at a large Houston-based company. Smith blocked the SP2 download
    > on the 5,000 PCs he manages.
    >

    > Please Note this
    >

    > Windows Update Web site will deliver SP2 regardless
    >
    > This is nothing at all to do with Auto Updates IT MEANS ANY UPDATES..

    I was ready for SP2 when it was released.
    We had updated the software we sell before it was released
    Windows update delivers sp2 when you select it and confirm, not until.

    Must we go through this again for the benefit of the retards ?
    The patch that expired was a corporate tool for temporarily blocking SP2
    ubtil enterprises were sure it didn't break any of their processes, and
    they could update anything that did break.

    Only a Flat Earther would claim that having a Windows operating system
    minus the bug fixes would be better.

    shannon, Apr 13, 2005
  20. On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:28:25 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >CSE wrote:
    >>>Only person paranoid or stupid enough or both
    >>>MS makes the patches available for the current and previous SP
    >>>It wont be mandatory to take SP2 until SP3 comes out

    >> SP2 is Mandatory from the 12th..
    >> Little you know..

    >no it's fucking not, stop spreading mis-information.

    All the patches that apply to XP are for both SP1 and SP2

    The only ay you would see a SP2 only patch is to fix something in SP2
    itself

    FreedomChooser, Apr 13, 2005