    the tasks on a W2K Server box, etc., is this enough to pass the exams?
    Are the MOC questions similar to the exams? If this isn't enough, what
    do I need? Self-Paced Training Kit? Other?

    Paul, Nov 11, 2003

  2. If you have been working with Windows 2000, they should be enough. If you
    haven't, then hands-on experience will help you more than anything else.
    HTH,

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Nov 11, 2003

  3. Paul

    JCastro Guest

    Disagreed. You need to study even if you work in win2k for more that 2
    years. Of course, if you work in win2k, the study is more easy.

    JCastro, Nov 11, 2003
  4. Paul

    John Guest

    You should go through all of the mocs, do the tutorials
    and all the labs etc. You should also look into the
    other books. Microsoft Press especially, those books
    actually go in depth and all the info you need is in
    those books because they are set up for home study. When
    you can set up everything on your own, closed book, then
    you should be ready. Look into getting some practice
    tests. Transenders have been touted as the best and are
    very close to the real thing. Once you score at least 850
    pts on those (790 is passing), you should be ready for
    the real thing.
    This two years idea is bs. If you had to take two years
    to get your certs then Microsoft would not suggest class
    lengths from 3-5 days per course.
    You should have two years experience in the IT field
    before working as an MCSE but that doesn't mean you need
    to take two years to get the MCSE cert. I have known
    people to get all seven exams done in before finishing
    the tech school. But those are the ones that never sleep.

    John, Nov 12, 2003
  5. If you have work experience with Windows 2000 for 1-2 years or more, that
    would be easier for you to pass the exams.

    I suggest you to read these good books:
    1.Microsoft Self-Paced Training Kit.
    2.Mastering Windows 2000 Server.

    --