    studying for the VB.NET course for certification?
    Thanks
    Tim

    Guest, Apr 16, 2005

  2. Guest

    SM Guest

    yes pls info if the VB.Net should still be considered for learning...
    since I'm currently studying VB.net... i hope someone can shed light on this matter.

    THANKS!

    SM

    --
    Best regards,

    Shiela Mariano
    Senior IT Officer
    ROHM Electronics Phils. Sales Corp.
    Tel no. 632-8076872
    Fax no. 632-8091422
    Email:
    "Quality is our top priority at all times"
    <> wrote in message news:0ac501c54238$03fcad20$...
    Hi folks. I wrote a company that has a well known FAQ up
    about some of their tutorials. The guy writes me back and
    says that I should learn C# if I want to continue to work
    with Dot Net because Microsoft is going to phase out VB
    for C#? Is this true? If it is, am I wasting my time

    SM, Apr 16, 2005

  3. Microsoft has always advised C# is more generic than VB
    and most of their supporting Framework environment is also
    developed in C#. People trained in C# also earn more
    income than people trained in VB.

    Also please be advised, JScript is also more generic than
    VBScript. Microsoft also recommends JScript over VBScript.

    I suspect that at some time in the near future VB and
    VBScript will be dropped/converted to C# and JScript
    respectively.

    Please consider this an open letter to Microsft. Please
    advise accordingly.

    Regards

    A Developer

    MicrosoftPleaseReply, Apr 16, 2005
  4. Guest

    Joseph MCAD Guest

    April 16, 2005

    Never. If Microsoft phased out VB, there would be such an uproar that
    Microsoft would be forced to bring it back. I think the person was just more
    inclined and possibly upset and he wanted to make people think that C# would
    be the only language. I think it is just another disbute between the
    languages that really doesn't mean anything at all. :) Have a great day!

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Application Developer

    Joseph MCAD, Apr 17, 2005
  5. Guest

    SM Guest

    Thanks much for the reassurance.
    I'll continue to study vb.net...
    and hopefully learn also c# thereafter.

    cheers,

    SM

    SM, Apr 18, 2005
  6. Guest

    EggHead Guest

    I will not bother with VB.net, If I were start studying now. I mean step one.
    I think M$ is going to phase out VB, just like J++ or J# or VC++. If you look at the VS.net 2005, VB.net is going forward like C# in a lot of area.
    Of cause, it takes a while for that to happen, but it is happening.
    In addition, if you search on-line for help. a lot of examples are C# only.
    Egghead

    EggHead, Apr 21, 2005