    could do with your input. In short is the gain worht the pain? If so,
    what's the best route?

    Thanks ina advance

    southsider, Jul 20, 2007

  2. southsider

    Neil Guest

    did you hear southsider <> say in
    news::

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've recently passed my MCSA (Messaging), and I was wondering if you
    > of the esteemed community consider it worthwhile to complete the 3
    > additional exams required to complete the MCSE. I'm mulling the whole
    > thing over-weighing the extra study, cost etc. against the benefits &
    > could do with your input. In short is the gain worht the pain? If so,
    > what's the best route?
    >
    > Thanks ina advance

    well, if someone else is paying for it then...oh, YOU'RE paying?

    - C program run. Run, program, run. PLEASE...

    Neil, Jul 20, 2007

  3. southsider

    John R Guest

    "southsider" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've recently passed my MCSA (Messaging), and I was wondering if you
    > of the esteemed community consider it worthwhile to complete the 3
    > additional exams required to complete the MCSE. I'm mulling the whole
    > thing over-weighing the extra study, cost etc. against the benefits &
    > could do with your input. In short is the gain worht the pain? If so,
    > what's the best route?
    >
    > Thanks ina advance

    Congrats on the MCSA:M.

    The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see yourself?

    MCSA is System Administrator, that is implement/manage/maintain.
    MCSE is System Engineer, that is design/plan/implement.

    If you do not design/plan/implement, and you don't see yourself doing that,
    then MCSE would only be beneficial to satisfy some employers unreasonable
    expectations. On the other hand, if that is where you are now or where you
    want to go, then MCSE would be a very reasonable goal.

    As to how to get there, you need 70-293, 70-294, and a design elective
    (normally 70-297 or 70-298). This assumes that you used 70-284 for your
    MCSA:M which would fulfill the MCSE open elective. If you want to get to
    MCSE:M, then you would also need 70-285.

    You can review all of the requirements here...

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/default.mspx

    John R

    John R, Jul 20, 2007
  4. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> prattled ceaselessly in

    > did you hear southsider <> say in
    >
    >> I've recently passed my MCSA (Messaging), and I was wondering if you
    >> of the esteemed community consider it worthwhile to complete the 3
    >> additional exams required to complete the MCSE. I'm mulling the whole
    >> thing over-weighing the extra study, cost etc. against the benefits &
    >> could do with your input. In short is the gain worht the pain? If so,
    >> what's the best route?

    > well, if someone else is paying for it then...oh, YOU'RE paying?

    Why? Do you think they'll pay for Uni?

    Weird.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jul 20, 2007
  5. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in

    > The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see
    > yourself?

    I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??

    catwalker63, Jul 20, 2007
  6. southsider

    CBIC Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in
    >

    >> The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see
    >> yourself?

    > I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??

    Lowering your expectations.

    CBIC, Jul 20, 2007
  7. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    "CBIC" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in
    >>

    >>> The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see
    >>> yourself?

    >> I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??
    >>

    > Lowering your expectations.

    Nope. Not an option. I shoot for the moon and at least land among the
    stars.

    catwalker63, Jul 20, 2007
  8. southsider

    Neil Guest

    did you hear catwalker63 <> say in

    >> well, if someone else is paying for it then...oh, YOU'RE paying?

    > Why? Do you think they'll pay for Uni?
    >
    > Weird.

    You're blonde, aren't you...

    *shakes head and walks away*

    - A feather is Erotic. A whole chicken is KINKY!

    Neil, Jul 20, 2007
  9. southsider

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "CBIC" <> say in

    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >> "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in
    >>

    >>> The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see
    >>> yourself?

    >> I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??
    >>

    > Lowering your expectations.

    how much lower do you want her to get?

    - I am Medic-Alarm of Borg. I've been assimilated, and I can't get up!

    Neil, Jul 20, 2007
  10. southsider

    Jtyc Guest

    > I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??

    Uh oh.. this is also one of my goals. I'm shooting for the title "Emperor
    of the Known Universe".

    Perhaps we could divvy up the multi-verse?

    Jtyc, Jul 20, 2007
  11. southsider

    > did you hear catwalker63 <> say in
    >

    >>> well, if someone else is paying for it then...oh, YOU'RE paying?

    >> Why? Do you think they'll pay for Uni?
    >>
    >> Weird.

    > You're blonde, aren't you...
    >
    > *shakes head and walks away*

    How'd you know?? *looks for camera*

    catwalker63, Jul 20, 2007
  12. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Jtyc" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    >> I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??

    > Uh oh.. this is also one of my goals. I'm shooting for the title
    > "Emperor of the Known Universe".
    >

    > Perhaps we could divvy up the multi-verse?

    I get all the chocolate.

    catwalker63, Jul 20, 2007
  13. southsider

    > How'd you know?? *looks for camera*

    yeah that's it, look this way...

    - Programmers don't repeat themselves, they LOOP.

    Neil, Jul 21, 2007
  14. southsider

    > "Jtyc" <> prattled ceaselessly in
    >
    >>> I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??

    >> Uh oh.. this is also one of my goals. I'm shooting for the title
    >> "Emperor of the Known Universe".
    >>

    >> Perhaps we could divvy up the multi-verse?
    >>

    > I get all the chocolate.

    belgian or swiss?

    - As I lay back looking up at the stars, I thought to myself, "Where the
    heck is the ceiling?"

    Neil, Jul 21, 2007
  15. southsider

    > did you hear catwalker63 <> say in
    >
    >> "Jtyc" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    >>> Uh oh.. this is also one of my goals. I'm shooting for the title
    >>> "Emperor of the Known Universe".
    >>>

    >>> Perhaps we could divvy up the multi-verse?
    >>>

    >> I get all the chocolate.
    >>

    > belgian or swiss?

    What part of ALL do you not understand????

    catwalker63, Jul 21, 2007
  16. southsider

    >>> I get all the chocolate.
    >>>

    >> belgian or swiss?
    >>

    > What part of ALL do you not understand????

    all of it

    and how does that work with your diabetes?

    - I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in
    public.

    Neil, Jul 21, 2007
  17. southsider

    John R Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > "John R" <jsr^^^813@zoom^^^internet.net> prattled ceaselessly in
    >

    >> The question really is what do you do now, and where do you see
    >> yourself?

    > I see myself ruling the universe. What would you suggest??
    >
    > --
    > Catwalker
    > MCNGP #43
    > www.mcngp.com
    > "Definitely not wearing any underwear."

    Then you would want to earn the MCURG certification. Micorosoft Certified
    Universe Ruling Godess.

    I hear there is a *special* testing path for that :) Unfortunately, these
    tests are only available at Prometric, so I guess that eliminates you :(

    John R

    John R, Jul 21, 2007
  18. southsider

    catwalker63 Guest

    Neil piffled away vaguely:

    > did you hear catwalker63 <> say in

    >>> belgian or swiss?
    >>>

    >> What part of ALL do you not understand????

    > all of it
    >
    > and how does that work with your diabetes?

    You had to bring that up. Works OK as long as I don't eat it ALL at
    once.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jul 22, 2007
  19. southsider

    > as long as I don't eat it ALL at
    > once.

    so that's your idea of a balanced diet?

    (and no, I did not tickle the sig monster)

    - "Can I have one of those chocolates?" asked Tom candidly.

    Neil, Jul 23, 2007
  20. southsider

    > did you hear catwalker63 <> say in
    >
    >> as long as I don't eat it ALL at