Is Linux A Joke? It's free so why are so few using Linux?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pyles69@gmail.com, Sep 24, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Easy question to answer once you have actually tried Linux.

    I just finished tossing a Ubuntu CD in the trash because that is where
    it belongs.
    Now I truly understand why Linux can't seem to break into the desktop
    market.
    Linux sucks.
    The programs look like something Windows had 15 years ago with Windows
    3.1.
    The help system is non existant.
    The fonts are terrible.
    The graphics support is terrible.
    There is no Direct-X 10 support.
    The interface is crude and slow.
    My printer wasn't even recognized (Lexmark).
    My widescreen monitor came up with an out of range box sqaure in the
    middle of the screen instead of the 1440x960 it should be.
    Some application called Amarok kept freezing up on me when it would
    search my drives for media. What a non-intuitive POS that program
    Amarok is.
    I tried burning a DVD with k3b and it made a perfect coaster every
    time.
    This is with a high end Plextor drive.
    Why don't Plextools work with Linux?

    And the list goes on.
    I can't spend my life searching Google for answers so back to Vista I
    go.
    At least Vista works.
    Linux?

    It just sucks, mostly your time.

    "Linux, if you think you hate it now, wait until you try it"
    , Sep 24, 2007

  2. David B. Guest

    Now we just wait for the linux fanboys to reply and blame you , your
    hardware, your computer skills, or your parentage, they will blame
    everything except the OS itself.

    --

    ----

    David B., Sep 24, 2007

  3. Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:42:06 -0700, pyles69 wrote:

    > Easy question

    Dumb troll.
    Meat Plow, Sep 24, 2007
  4. On a Vista news group the person says he tried something else and is going
    back to Vista.

    It is much more appropriate than the post of Linux people who come here and
    berate people for using Vista.

    --

    Regards,

    Richard Urban
    Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

    Richard Urban, Sep 24, 2007
  5. chrisv Guest

    wrote:

    >Easy

    *plonk*
    chrisv, Sep 24, 2007
  6. Ponder Guest

    Hiya David B..

    In <news:ec8uUOt$> you wrote:

    > Now we just wait for the linux fanboys to reply and blame you , your
    > hardware, your computer skills, or your parentage, they will blame
    > everything except the OS itself.

    Don't have to. This sort of mass crossposted troll-post is expected when
    some are so evangelistic about it. The fun of MCIBTYC died for me in the
    80s and the fun(?) of trolling has always left me wondering what sort of
    life these people have outside of Usenet ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, Sep 24, 2007
  7. David B. Guest

    You apparently don't understand what a troll is. Someone that posts in a
    Vista newsgroup, saying he likes Vista and is going back to it is not a
    troll.

    --

    ----

    David B., Sep 24, 2007
  8. bob Guest

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:51:46 -0400, David B. wrote:

    > Now we just wait for the linux fanboys to reply and blame you , your
    > hardware, your computer skills, or your parentage, they will blame
    > everything except the OS itself.

    So why do you windows fanboys post here? Just to be asses?
    --

    ´When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a
    cross.¡
    bob, Sep 24, 2007
  9. Stephan Rose Guest

    On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:42:06 -0700, pyles69 wrote:

    > Easy question to answer once you have actually tried Linux.
    >
    > I just finished tossing a Ubuntu CD in the trash because that is where
    > it belongs.
    > Now I truly understand why Linux can't seem to break into the desktop
    > market.
    > Linux sucks.
    > The programs look like something Windows had 15 years ago with Windows
    > 3.1.

    I don't recall Win 3.1 looking like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zkvu2daUnU&mode=related&search=

    http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Feisty

    > The fonts are terrible.

    I like my LCD Subpixel smoothed fonts perfectly fine...though I will
    grant that upcoming 7.10 release I am running right now has better
    looking fonts than the 7.04 release.

    > The graphics support is terrible.

    Care to explain? I'm using a nVidia 8800 GTX by the way.

    > There is no Direct-X 10 support.

    Of course not. Nor will there ever be. DirectX is a Microsoft API for
    Microsoft Operating Systems. It has no place on non-MS operating systems.
    OpenGL exists for a reason.

    > The interface is crude and slow.

    Ever bother installing the appropriate video card driver for your card? I
    mean, try Vista on a VESA driver and tell me how blazing fast that would
    be...

    > My printer wasn't even recognized (Lexmark). My widescreen monitor came
    > up with an out of range box sqaure in the middle of the screen instead
    > of the 1440x960 it should be. Some application called Amarok kept
    > freezing up on me when it would search my drives for media. What a
    > non-intuitive POS that program Amarok is.

    Honestly I have no idea if Lexmark has any support or not. You did try to
    actually Add the printer though right? Or did you just expect
    applications to magically know it's there?

    As far as the screen issue is, I can believe that. The graphics subsystem
    is undergoing some major overhaul in the current release and problems
    such as that are being resolved.

    And as far as Amarok goes, yea I agree. I don't care much for it either.
    I just use Rhythmbox instead. Much faster, more lightweight and does an
    excellent job.

    > I tried burning a DVD with k3b and it made a perfect coaster every time.
    > This is with a high end Plextor drive. Why don't Plextools work with
    > Linux?

    Plextor drives work perfectly fine. I own two, as does K3B though I
    prefer to use other tools. And if Plextools is windows software, then no
    it won't work. Hint: Linux is not windows. Windows software is for
    windows. Linux software is for Linux. Linux software does not run on
    windows. Windows software does not run on Linux.

    > And the list goes on.
    > I can't spend my life searching Google for answers so back to Vista I
    > go.
    > At least Vista works.
    > Linux?
    >
    > It just sucks, mostly your time.
    >
    > "Linux, if you think you hate it now, wait until you try it"

    *shrug* Your primary problem in my opinion is that you went to Linux
    expecting Windows.

    You expected it behave like windows.

    You expected it to run windows software.

    You expected it to be windows.

    You were disappointed when you discovered it isn't windows.

    If you want windows, then go use windows...I mean, you wouldn't go out
    and buy a hammer if you want a screwdriver right?

    --
    Stephan
    2003 Yamaha R6

    å›ã®ã“ã¨æ€ã„出ã™æ—¥ãªã‚“ã¦ãªã„ã®ã¯
    å›ã®ã“ã¨å¿˜ã‚ŒãŸã¨ããŒãªã„ã‹ã‚‰
    Stephan Rose, Sep 24, 2007
  10. David B. wrote:

    > You apparently don't understand what a troll is. Someone that posts in a
    > Vista newsgroup, saying he likes Vista and is going back to it is not a
    > troll.

    You mean that "pyles69" is not a troll crossposting to these many groups?

    You are making your windows using fellow retards proud, it seems.

    BTW: "pyles69" is flatfish, who also posts as

    Abbie Diaz, achmed.jones, Aftab Singh, Allen Cusimano, Allie Perkins,
    Allison Juergans, allison_hunt1969, Alicia Hunt, Ana Thema, andyschipowitz,
    Anna Banger, anonymous, Archie, Archie Moss Bunker, Archie Watermann,
    Attila, Baba Booey, Babcock Johnson, babcock.latreen, Babu Singh, Bill
    Thomson, Billy <billy.the.kidd>,bill.gates.loves.me, BingoBongo, bison,
    Bjarne Jensen, bjornstad8800, BklynBoy, bonobo magilla, Boyce Mabri, BSEE,
    Bunsen Burner, Buster, c.baumstumpff, CBFalconer, Charles LeGrand, Charlie,
    Choppers McGee, Chris Thomas, Christine Abernathy, Claire Lynn, Clippy,
    Clock King, Collie Entragion, Colon Singh, common cold,
    compton.plaines_kid, Connie Hines, Corrie, corry.lebeu, Corrie Titlaand,
    Cory Dyvik, Curtis Wilson, cymon.says, Damian O'Leary, Dana Bush, Danny
    Kwong, dbx_boy, Deadpenguin, Debbie, Devon Dawson, dismoqualifetch, Donn
    Carlsbad, donna.bunting_tv,  dont.pullout, Doug Richardson, Dragon.Boy,
    Dr.Long John Jones, dy.sector, echo.valley_26809, Elliot Zimmermann, Elwin
    Winters, Emmanuel Arias, Fawn Lebowitz, flatfish+++, foamy, frank boson,
    Franz Klammer, Fred Simmons, gabriele howorth, Gary Stewart, GayClod,
    George Cotton, George Littlefield, Gilbert, Gilbert Goiter, Gilbert
    Hochaim, gilligan, Greg Finnigan, Greg Laplante, Hans Kimm, Hans Tomlinson,
    Harry Hilton, Harvey Fogel, Heather, Heather69, Heather Trax, Heddy
    Seafield, Heidi van Wong, helmut.ginter, hepcat, high_pain_humper, Hugh
    Himless, hymen.the.jew, Ishmeal Hafizi, itchy balls, Ivan Mctavish,
    IvanaB, Jason, jeff.smiley, Jeff Szarka, jjwassermann, Joe Josephson, John,
    John Shelton, John Smith, Jorge Jorgensen, jorge_shillingford, Jose Lopez,
    juke_joint, kaptain kaput, Karel Olish, karen.bullfinch, Karen Hill, Karla
    Snodgress, kathy_krantz, Kaylie Solomon, Kendra, Kenneth Downs, Kenny
    Dugan, Kent Dorfman, Ken Johnson, Kim Coinop, Kinglen Wang, Kristen, kumba
    killington, Kurt Janker, Kyle Cadet,  lafferty6, L Didio, Laura
    Shillingford, Le Farter, Le Yammy, Leaking Onion, Leo Diaz, Les Cramer, Les
    Turner, Les Walton, Leslie Bassman, Lilly, Lindy, linux.curious, Linux
    Exposer, Lisa Shavas, Lisa Cottmann, Lois Hunt, Long,
    long_tong_ling,  luisortizhome, Lukumi Babalu Aye, Luna Lane, Major Mynor,
    Manny, Mario Fermin, McSwain, mista twista,Mogumbo, Moses, Mooshoo Bong
    Singh, mr.macfeelme,  mycarisfast, ,
    nate_mcspook, Navid Shakibapour, okto_pussy, opensource.sucks, organ.creep,
    OSS KDE User, Paddy McCrockett, Paul Wannamaker, Paris Marriot, Patricia,
    Patrick Landrum, Patty LeGrange, patty pippins, Patty Poppins, percy
    samson, Peter Gluckman, Peter Kohlmann, peter.traphagen, Phil, Phillip
    Cornwall, phoung, phoung quoak, pickle_pete, Piss Clam, Poopy Pants
    McGee, pyles69, Quimby, Quinton Magee, Quizno Backer, Ray Schitzmepantz,
    Reporter, Rich, Richard P. Johnson, Richie, Richie O'Toole, Richie Spano,
    Robert Strunk, rothstein_ivan, Roy_Pestowitz, Roy.Schakemetitz,
    Roy.Schavedmenutz, Roy.Schavesmewankz, Roy.Schitzowitz, RP Modell, ryebra,
    Sally Vadi, Sammy, Sammy Whalen, Saul Goldblatt, schavemetitz,
    Schestertitz, schestowizzle, schestowitz, schitzmepantz, schisterwitz,
    Schlomo Smykowski, Sharon Cackle, Sharon Hubbasland, Sean, Sean Fitzhenry,
    Sean Macpherson, Sewer Rat, sewer_clown, Shelly K., Sherlock Holmes,
    Schlomo Rabinowitz, Simon, Simon Lewis, simply.lisa, Singer, sista
    sledgehammer, slacker.mcspritze, Spammy_Davis, spanny_davis, Stefan
    Karstensen, Stephan Simonsen, Stephanie, Stephanie Mannerz, Stephen,
    Stephen Olsen, Stephen Townshend, stomach.pump, SuckyB, Sue, sue quinterra,
    sully1999, SunnyB, Susan, Susan Bladder, Susan Lapinski, Susan Wong, Suzi
    Wong, Suzie Wong, Swampee, sylvano12tegriorgriach, Ted Bennington, Terri
    Sorensen, Terry Porter, The Beaver, Thorsten, Thorsten Thigpen, Timmy
    Luncford , Toby Rastus Roosovelt III, toe.mein, Tomas Bicsak, tomas.bozak,
    Tomas Dunton, Tomas Lucatorto, Tori, Tori Wassermann, Torre Stanslaand,
    Trace Dennison, Tracee, Traci, traci.alicock, traci.pusey, Traci
    Spritzendrainer, trailerpark, Trina Swallows, Trolly, Trudi Simpkins,
    Tryxie Lustern,  udayshankar29, Uday Shankar, victimizedb, victimizedbyms,
    Vince Fontain, Vladimir Yepifano, Walter Bubniak, Wang Mycock, Wasser,
    Waterskidoo, wendy, Wendy Duzz, Wendy Toiletwater, Whizzer, Wilbur J, willy
    watkins jr, Willy Wong, wiltons_pypes, Winnie Septos, wizard.shot, Wobbles,
    wylbur.horseman, Yanick Schmuley and zyklon_C.
    Plus many, many, many more.
    --
    This about sums it. Forget anything that idiot writes. It is garbage
    Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=, Sep 24, 2007
  11. ArameFarpado Guest

    Em Segunda, 24 de Setembro de 2007 19:27, Stephan Rose escreveu:

    >> There is no Direct-X 10 support.

    > Of course not. Nor will there ever be. DirectX is a Microsoft API for
    > Microsoft Operating Systems. It has no place on non-MS operating systems.
    > OpenGL exists for a reason.

    There "direct-x" is our "dri",
    a poor solution for the ones that don't have a real GL GPU.
    ArameFarpado, Sep 24, 2007
  12. David B. Guest

    See, here's another one.
    Where is "here"? I am posting in the Microsoft Vista group on the Microsoft
    news server, where should the Windows "fanboys" post? I am replying to a
    post that was also sent to a couple linux groups, not much I can do about
    that.

    --

    ----

    David B., Sep 24, 2007
  13. dennis@home Guest

    "David B." <> wrote in message
    > You apparently don't understand what a troll is. Someone that posts in a
    > Vista newsgroup, saying he likes Vista and is going back to it is not a
    > troll.

    Even when he crossposts to several other groups?
    Its easy to see crossposts in windows mail just look at the to: line.
    dennis@home, Sep 24, 2007
  14. Ponder Guest

    Hiya Richard Urban.

    <crosspost left intact for impact>

    In <news:u8s3LTt$> you wrote:

    > On a Vista news group the person says he tried something else and is going
    > back to Vista.

    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.os.linux.advocacy,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

    That's the trouble with auto-defenders, they can't recognise a massive
    crosspost nor when they're being trolled ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, Sep 24, 2007
  15. Richard Urban wrote:
    > On a Vista news group the person says he tried something else and is
    > going back to Vista.
    >
    > It is much more appropriate than the post of Linux people who come here
    > and berate people for using Vista.

    Yes, and much more appropriate than the post about linux server machines
    getting 'hacked'...

    --
    Priceless quotes in m.p.w.vista.general group:
    http://protectfreedom.tripod.com/kick.html

    "Fair use is not merely a nice concept--it is a federal law based on
    free speech rights under the First Amendment and is a cornerstone of the
    creativity and innovation that is a hallmark of this country. Consumer
    rights in the digital age are not frivolous."
    - Maura Corbett
    The poster formerly known as 'The Poster Formerly , Sep 24, 2007
  16. I am not being trolled. The Linux tools are being trolled. AND, THEY ARE
    HERE IN NUMBERS AS YOU CAN SEE.

    Richard Urban, Sep 24, 2007
  17. VanguardLH Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Easy question to answer once you have actually tried Linux.
    >
    > I just finished tossing a Ubuntu CD in the trash because that is
    > where
    > it belongs.
    > Now I truly understand why Linux can't seem to break into the
    > desktop
    > market.
    > Linux sucks.
    > The programs look like something Windows had 15 years ago with
    > Windows
    > 3.1.
    > The help system is non existant.
    > The fonts are terrible.
    > The graphics support is terrible.
    > There is no Direct-X 10 support.
    > The interface is crude and slow.
    > My printer wasn't even recognized (Lexmark).
    > My widescreen monitor came up with an out of range box sqaure in the
    > middle of the screen instead of the 1440x960 it should be.
    > Some application called Amarok kept freezing up on me when it would
    > search my drives for media. What a non-intuitive POS that program
    > Amarok is.
    > I tried burning a DVD with k3b and it made a perfect coaster every
    > time.
    > This is with a high end Plextor drive.
    > Why don't Plextools work with Linux?
    >
    > And the list goes on.
    > I can't spend my life searching Google for answers so back to Vista
    > go.
    > At least Vista works.
    > Linux?
    >
    > It just sucks, mostly your time.
    >
    > "Linux, if you think you hate it now, wait until you try it"

    Oh, so you measure an "operating system" by everything that is NOT
    part of the operating system. I use Windows at home and work. We
    have Windows servers at work. We also have UNIX servers (AIX, HPUX,
    Solaris, Redhat, SuSE). As far as the OPERATING SYSTEM goes, and
    despite my personal preference for *using* Windows, I still see UNIX
    as a far more competent OPERATING SYSTEM. However, I still like
    Windows because of all the **FLUFF* that is supported on it. DirectX
    is *not* part of the operating system. It is a subsystem. Windows
    Media Player, Paint, 3rd party tools (Acrobat, Eraser, anti-malware),
    Windows firewall, games, Office, and all that other stuff is NOT the
    operating system. You obviously can't figure out that you are
    supposed to FIRST select what are your critical or most important
    tasks, what applications can accomplish those tasks, on which OS those
    apps are supported, and then LASTLY pick the operating system.

    Just because you got the procedure ass backwards is your fault. If
    the games you want to play are only supported on Windows, well, duh
    fuckoff, guess which operating system you need. If you want a stable
    and highly reliable file server or want to support multiple users
    (where it is supported in the OS and not with tack-on fluffware, like
    Terminal Services), well, duh fuckoff, you go with UNIX. We have both
    Windows and UNIX servers. We only have to bring down the UNIX servers
    when absolutely required by the developers with patches are demanded
    by the product under test, and that's maybe every 6 months (but the
    production UNIX servers stay up for years, and we can even prep
    another partition [not the lingo used in Windows world for drive
    sectioning] with a new version of the OS and slide it in when ready
    without interferring with anyone's work). I don't recall that we've
    managed to keep the Windows servers running for more than 6 months
    (and that was under careful and strict control of updates that were
    necessary for us, not for Microsoft). In fact, a few years ago, no
    one even knew about a defect in the uptime counter in Windows 2000
    Server where it caused an overflow that halted the OS if it had been
    running for over something around 3 months simply because no one had
    it up that long. Admins knew that they had to do the famous "reboot
    to fix" procedure to get it back running. And Vista is NOT a new
    operating system version.

    GUI changes and more or different fluffware does not a new OS make,
    but they had to do something to excite the flat sales, even when they
    had to dump WinFS so they could start selling Vista. You probably
    cannot give a GOOD and rational reason why you even choose to move to
    Vista from your prior version. Just like consumers buying cars not
    because they aren't working but because they've been trained to want
    something new, Microsoft knows how to do marketing, too.

    You use whichever OS suits your tasks. You don't make your tasks suit
    the OS. I'm sure choosing a proper OS is beyond the intelligence of a
    Google Grouping whiner who thinks a webnews-for-dummies interface is
    Usenet.
    VanguardLH, Sep 24, 2007
  18. In comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    <>
    wrote
    <>:
    > Easy question to answer once you have actually tried Linux.
    >
    > I just finished tossing a Ubuntu CD in the trash because that is where
    > it belongs.
    > Now I truly understand why Linux can't seem to break into the desktop
    > market.
    > Linux sucks.
    > The programs look like something Windows had 15 years ago with Windows
    > 3.1.

    Pardon me...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Windows_3.11_workspace.png

    *That* is a classic Win3.11 desktop.

    http://www.opengroup.org/graphics/desktop/m-mwm.gif

    (within http://www.opengroup.org/desktop/motif.html)

    is a Motif desktop.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Solaris8-cde.png

    is a Solaris 8 CDE desktop.

    http://www.kde.org/screenshots/kde350shots.php

    is a series of KDE screenshots, mostly to illustrate the various
    tools, but one also gets an idea for the general desktop
    look (if not the feel);

    http://www.kde.org/screenshots/images/3.5/33-controlcenter.png

    in particular gives a good view of the rounded (if
    rather comically large in spots) buttons, and the general
    rounding of the title bars, and the subtly shaded title
    bar (which is obscured by the explanatory yellow text,
    but one might see the iconify, maximize, and close gadgets
    peeking through).

    http://www.kde.org/screenshots/images/3.5/34-languages.png

    might give a better view of the window gadgets ... in
    addition to showing off the possible languages and
    character sets Konqueror can support.

    For its part Gnome has some attractive screenshots of its
    own as part of the Release Notes:

    http://www.gnome.org/start/2.20/notes/en/

    The buttons and title bars are rounded here as well.

    One might make a case that the properties dialog for a
    hard drive partition looks exactly the same as Windows
    (except that Windows uses a 3D pie chart). Of course,
    there's only so many ways to show disk free space, and
    pie charts are a natural therefor anyway. If Microsoft
    patents *that* we're all in trouble.

    > The help system is non existant.

    The help system is rather hopelessly fragmented, but it is
    there; 'man', 'info', and for some applications a Help menu
    pick help the user to find what he needs, with any luck.
    I can't say it's perfect, but it's workable.

    > The fonts are terrible.

    You'll have to be more specific. Linux in particular can
    import Microsoft True Type fonts. Are they terrible?

    "Oh, but that's DIFFERENT!"

    > The graphics support is terrible.

    You'll have to be more specific.

    > There is no Direct-X 10 support.

    Correct. Of course, one could ask many questions as to why
    Linux would want to support such anyway. There's no Direct-X 10
    support in XP, either, after all.

    > The interface is crude and slow.

    See above. As for slow...tried Vista Aero on a 256 MB
    computer lately?

    > My printer wasn't even recognized (Lexmark).

    Lexmark printers are not noted for their openness.

    > My widescreen monitor came up with an out of range box sqaure in the
    > middle of the screen instead of the 1440x960 it should be.

    Not sure what the issue is there. My first guess is PEBCAK.
    Granted, I had interesting issues with my Samsung SyncMaster,
    but after a bit of tweaking, I got it to do something more
    or less reasonable.

    > Some application called Amarok kept freezing up on me when it would
    > search my drives for media. What a non-intuitive POS that program
    > Amarok is.

    OK, so that's a problem with Amarok, not with Linux.
    I don't use it, so can't say.

    > I tried burning a DVD with k3b and it made a perfect coaster every
    > time.

    There are a number of issues with burning DVDs. I'm frankly not
    sure what yours is.

    > This is with a high end Plextor drive.
    > Why don't Plextools work with Linux?

    Probably because they require Windows. The Plextools download page
    is rather clear on that issue.

    (I'll admit to some curiosity as to whether they'd work with WinE,
    but I don't have a Plextor drive.)

    > And the list goes on.
    > I can't spend my life searching Google for answers so back
    > to Vista I go.
    > At least Vista works.

    Ah, so they've finally got around to fixing that nVidia driver problem?

    > Linux?
    >
    > It just sucks, mostly your time.
    >
    > "Linux, if you think you hate it now, wait until you try it"

    Truthfulness factor: Maybe 10%. If you're lucky, you'll
    get a cookie. Don't ask what's in it.

    Trolling factor: 85%. Bridges and bridge users beware.

    Stupidity factor: 75%. Might be smart enough to find a
    replacement lampshade, but only if someone smarter removes
    the light bulb first, and he remembers to unplug the lamp.

    Relevance factor: Unknown.

    Technical factor: 5%. He mentions brand names. Whoopee.

    Specifics factor: 10%. Brand names, but no numbers, not even
    a part number.

    Microsoft Factor: 80%. Mentions trash, Windows Vista, and
    Windows 3.1 in the same post. How bizarre is that, really?

    Linux Factor: 15%. Beyond mentioning the name 'Linux', and
    the distro 'Ubuntu' (which is it, wintrool: Dapper, Edgy,
    Feisty, or Gutsy?), he's not exactly specific here.

    Cross-drool factor: 66%. This message was cross-posted to the
    following newsgroups:

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    (he's referring to Vista so one has to wonder)
    comp.os.linux.advocacy
    (Here!)
    24hoursupport.helpdesk
    (A known spamgenerator/trollhangout)
    microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
    (Oh, this one might actually be relevant!)

    Confusion Factor: 2%. Nobody with a brain would pay
    any attention to this guy, except for amusement at
    carnival arcades, right next to the bearded lady. (Psst.
    She's cuter. It's a fake beard.)

    Fear Factor: 3%. Say what?

    Overall Evaluation: D-. I'd give you an F but I'm too
    easily amused. But we have some lovely parting gifts,
    which you'll also probably toss in the nearest waste bin,
    since someone showed you where it actually is.

    Followups to COLA exclusively, except for one poster whose
    newsreader should be shot on sight, buried, then exhumed,
    battered, fried, dissected into itty bitty bits, mixed
    with a little sea water and ground into paste, and fed
    to a shredder as it conforms to no known standard with
    the possible exception of UTF-8, if he's implemented it
    correctly (which I doubt).

    You know who you are.

    :p

    #191,
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #110309238:
    item * f(item *p) { if(p = NULL) return new item; else return p; }

    The Ghost In The Machine, Sep 24, 2007
  19. Charlie Tame Guest

    Richard Urban wrote:
    > On a Vista news group the person says he tried something else and is
    > going back to Vista.
    >
    > It is much more appropriate than the post of Linux people who come here
    > and berate people for using Vista.

    Mostly it's the Windows fanboys who berate users of Vista because they
    are a bit lost and a bit inexperienced with newsgroups. Seems to me the
    Linux people berate the fanboys, and that should not bother anyone with
    usenet experience... if they didn't keep throwing bait around ...
    Charlie Tame, Sep 24, 2007
  20. Richard Urban wrote:

    > I am not being trolled. The Linux tools are being trolled. AND, THEY ARE
    > HERE IN NUMBERS AS YOU CAN SEE.

    Idiot
    --
    Windows was created to keep stupid people away from UNIX."
    -- Tom Christiansen
    Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?=, Sep 24, 2007