    to uninstall the older first ?

    Thanks Kindly
    Fud

    Fuddzy, Sep 12, 2004

  2. Fuddzy

    Chaos Master Guest

    Fuddzy did not write:
    > Hello
    >
    > I currently run 0.7.3 FB. Version .9 is apparently available. Can one
    > download and install the latest over the older........ or does one have
    > to uninstall the older first ?

    I find that uninstalling the older is better.

    []s
    --
    Chaos Master®, posting from Brazil. REPLY TO GROUP!
    "People told me I can't dress like a fairy.

    Note: this e-mail address goes to /dev/null.

    Chaos Master, Sep 12, 2004

  3. Fuddzy

    --BRIAN-- Guest

    Fuddzy wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I currently run 0.7.3 FB. Version .9 is apparently available. Can one
    > download and install the latest over the older........ or does one have
    > to uninstall the older first ?

    How did you install it? With the installer or from a archived file. If
    you manually installed it (from the archived file) then it doesn't
    matter. If you installed using the installer, then I'd uninstall the
    old version first, then install the new.

    Your profiles will not be removed. It's always a good idea to have them
    backed up though ;-)

    If you have extensions that are installed in the program directory, you
    will loose them.

    --
    Brian

    --BRIAN--, Sep 12, 2004
  4. Fuddzy

    Fuddzy Guest

    --BRIAN-- wrote:
    > Fuddzy wrote:
    >
    >> Hello
    >>
    >> I currently run 0.7.3 FB. Version .9 is apparently available. Can one
    >> download and install the latest over the older........ or does one
    >> have to uninstall the older first ?
    >>

    > How did you install it? With the installer or from a archived file. If
    > you manually installed it (from the archived file) then it doesn't
    > matter. If you installed using the installer, then I'd uninstall the
    > old version first, then install the new.
    >
    > Your profiles will not be removed. It's always a good idea to have them
    > backed up though ;-)
    >
    > If you have extensions that are installed in the program directory, you
    > will loose them.

    thanks all for the quick responses
    great forum

    Fuddzy