    pointless to do so]

    As Canada goes, the US will surely follow.
    and it's adios KM!
    Bolshoy Huy, Dec 12, 2005

  2. Bolshoy Huy

    Ed Guest

    The newest issue of PCWorld magazine, also rates KM near the bottom of the
    list for reliability of their cameras. Maybe they should leave the market.
    ed

    Ed, Dec 12, 2005

  3. "Bolshoy Huy" <> wrote in message
    > It sure seems KM is kaput:
    > http://konicaminolta.ca/products/consumer/index.html
    >
    > Effective October 1, 2005, Konica Minolta Photo Imaging Canada, Inc.
    > will cease its operations in the Canadian market only.
    > All other world-wide Konica Minolta subsidiary's and companies will
    > remain operational.
    > [not for long I bet, as I hear their sales of DSLRs are poor]
    >
    > Sales and distribution... will however cease in Canada. We are
    > considering the sale of these items through this website in the near
    > future.
    > [note the use of the word *considering*, as if to say it's rather
    > pointless to do so]
    >
    > As Canada goes, the US will surely follow.
    > and it's adios KM!

    I have just gone through a warrantee issue with Krumbling/ Minimum. Guess
    who was left holding the semi paralyzed Minolta? Perhaps they chose Canada
    first since we tend to be less litigious than our American neighbours. Then
    there is the propensity for class actions in the US. What will be next -
    their business machines? Word of caution to anyone contemplating purchasing
    anything with their name plate on it . Do you want to be on the short end
    of their next off shore business decision? Customer service rings hollow
    through the empty corridors which were formerly their offices in Canada. Ah
    yes, you can still buy their crap, just don't expect any support !
    Duh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brodick\(remove nospam\) to reply, Dec 12, 2005
  4. Bolshoy Huy

    Lmode Guest

    "Ed" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in message
    > The newest issue of PCWorld magazine, also rates KM near the bottom of the
    > list for reliability of their cameras. Maybe they should leave the
    > market.
    > ed

    Well it would be a sad day if products such as the Konica Minolta CM-3700d
    benchtop spectrophotometer are ever discontinued.
    Lmode, Dec 12, 2005
  5. Bolshoy Huy

    Roger Guest

    Bolshoy Huy wrote:
    > It sure seems KM is kaput:
    > http://konicaminolta.ca/products/consumer/index.html
    >
    > Effective October 1, 2005, Konica Minolta Photo Imaging Canada, Inc.
    > will cease its operations in the Canadian market only.
    > All other world-wide Konica Minolta subsidiary's and companies will
    > remain operational.
    > [not for long I bet, as I hear their sales of DSLRs are poor]
    >
    > Sales and distribution... will however cease in Canada. We are
    > considering the sale of these items through this website in the near
    > future.
    > [note the use of the word *considering*, as if to say it's rather
    > pointless to do so]
    >
    > As Canada goes, the US will surely follow.
    > and it's adios KM!

    It's sad to hear that their distribution and quality has slipped. I
    still have my Minolta SRT-101 with its very useful 58mm 1.4 standard
    lens and a nice 135mm 2.8 telephoto (the lenses are stiff and the light
    meter would need repairing); and even an old rangefinder HiMatic 7s with
    a 45mm 1.8 lens that took remarkably good pictures. All bought in
    Canada. Ah well...
    Roger, Dec 12, 2005
  6. Bolshoy Huy

    Bolshoy Huy Guest

    Thus, I guess I can take off the KM A200 as my next camera
    purchase off my list.
    Since I am leaving film altogether, the Maxxum 5 or 70 wouldnt
    be under the "happy holiday" tree either.
    Bolshoy Huy, Dec 12, 2005
  7. Bolshoy Huy

    Jer Guest

    Bolshoy Huy wrote:
    > Thus, I guess I can take off the KM A200 as my next camera
    > purchase off my list.
    > Since I am leaving film altogether, the Maxxum 5 or 70 wouldnt
    > be under the "happy holiday" tree either.

    Well then, you'll be happy to learn that a couple of disgruntled people
    on the internet isn't enough to have much impact on where I choose to
    spend my dollars. My service history with KM has been stellar for over
    15 years, including last week. Sorry you're disappointed, but I'm not.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    Jer, Dec 13, 2005
  8. "Ed" <ekirstein_atcatskill.net> wrote in

    > The newest issue of PCWorld magazine, also rates KM near the bottom of
    > the list for reliability of their cameras. Maybe they should leave
    > the market. ed

    My 7D fell about 30 inches from a table to a hard tile floor last Friday -
    not so much as a mussed hair on its li'l noggin!

    My heart, on the other hand...

    Bob ^,,^
    Bob Harrington, Dec 13, 2005
  9. Bolshoy Huy

    Darrell Guest

    No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'!
    Darrell, Dec 13, 2005