    getting a N1 Wireless Router now or should I settle for a G+ Wireless
    Router. TIA.

    Yours Technomancer
    Technomancer, Jan 24, 2008

  2. Technomancer

    Suzy Guest

    "Technomancer" <> wrote in message
    news:9l6mj.5031$...
    >, 2.4Hz and 5Hz.

    A mite slow!...
    Suzy, Jan 24, 2008

  3. Technomancer

    Technomancer Guest

    "Suzy" <not@valid> wrote in message news:4798f583$...

    > "Technomancer" <> wrote in message
    >>, 2.4Hz and 5Hz.

    > A mite slow!...

    Hi Suzy

    Your right it should be 2.4 and 5Ghz.

    Yours Technomancer
    Technomancer, Jan 24, 2008
  4. Technomancer

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Technomancer" <> wrote in message news:9l6mj.5031$...
    > Hi Folks
    >
    > I'm looking at getting a wireless router for my PC, so that eventually I can do away with wires between the PC and the Xbox
    > 360, I've just acquired. Now I know that the wireless adapter for the Xbox 360, is rated at 802.11a/b/g, 2.4Hz and 5Hz.
    > Having said that I like to think a head there may well be other things I want to hookup to the wireless network and I like to
    > have as close to the latest technology as possible.
    > I have been googling N1 Wireless Routers, so have become aware that the specifications for 802.11n have not been set yet and
    > that their only just changing the draft from version 1 to version 2. Hence my query is it worth getting a N1 Wireless Router
    > now or should I settle for a G+ Wireless Router. TIA.

    You may prefer band A (5 GHz) if it is legal where you live.
    It tends to have less interference than overcrowded G.
    This gives better results for games and video.
    A N router _may_ give better results even with non-n client,
    but this depends on the model... like almost everything else.

    Regards,
    --PA
    Pavel A., Jan 24, 2008
  5. Hi
    The main issue is Not whether it worth while to get one type technology or
    the other, but rather getting a network that work in harmony.
    The choices of regular adapters that work with Game Boxes is rather limited,
    and most of them support only WEP encryption (I.e all your Wireless have to
    work with WEP which can be hacked in 5 minutes).
    So the first step is to find good adapter that does WPA.
    There is No 802.11n standard, there is draft-N. I.e. many of the current so
    called N devices might not be compatible with the N standard when it comes
    out.
    In addition to benefit from N you need all the Wireless devices to be
    Draft-N. Thus make sure first that you have a game box Adapter that can do
    Draft-N otherwise you are wasting your money. On Draft-N,
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq.html#MIMO

    On Wireless security.
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    WEP64____(Easy, to "Brake" by knowledgeable people).
    WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Brake ).
    WPA-AES__(Not functionally Breakable)
    WPA2____ (Not functionally Breakable).
    your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.
    device with a better one.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 25, 2008
  6. Technomancer

    Barb Bowman Guest

    or a dual band draft 2.0N that does both 2.4/5GHz or is switchable
    to the 5GHz band.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP