    and how much it might cost.

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    Kevin, Sep 4, 2006

  2. Kevin

    Alpha Guest

    "Kevin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've got a Sony 300 disc dvd changer that won't play the discs. It keeps
    > showing the message "Cannot play this side of the disc", then it will
    > try to play the other side and the same thing will happen.
    >
    > I assume that it has something to do with the laser assembly....or
    > whatever you call it. I just wondered if it's worth trying to get fixed,
    > and how much it might cost.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Kevin

    Sony repair centers charge a flat fee to fix a given category of device. My
    guess, and it is a guess from past experience, is $150-200.

    Alpha, Sep 4, 2006

  3. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    >Alpha wrote:
    >Sony repair centers charge a flat fee to fix
    >a given category of device. My guess, and
    >it is a guess from past experience, is
    >$150-200.

    I was hoping for something around $100.00 or less. I think I'd rather
    invest in a new one than spend that much on a repair.

    Thanks for your help.

    Kevin

    Kevin, Sep 4, 2006
  4. Kevin

    Ray Guest

    > I was hoping for something around $100.00 or less. I think I'd rather
    > invest in a new one than spend that much on a repair.

    You could probably get a repair estimate for less than $100 and some places
    will apply the cost of the estimate to the final bill if you decide to
    repair it.

    At least then you would know for sure.

    Ray, Sep 4, 2006
  5. Kevin

    Alpha Guest

    "Ray" <> wrote in message
    >> I was hoping for something around $100.00 or less. I think I'd rather
    >> invest in a new one than spend that much on a repair.

    > You could probably get a repair estimate for less than $100 and some
    > places will apply the cost of the estimate to the final bill if you decide
    > to repair it.
    >
    > At least then you would know for sure.

    I doubt anyplace other than a factory repair facility can install the
    special Sony laser assembly for the 300 disc machine.

    Alpha, Sep 4, 2006