    monday
    thanks in advance

    bye

    sw0rd, Feb 7, 2004

  2. sw0rd

    Guest Guest

    I don't think it is... I took the second half of the test
    that I needed 70-272 on 2/7. I decided to check the MCP
    site before going to bed (for some reason) and low and
    behold MS had my MCDST listed. I didn't see anywhere any
    mention of charter member, but when I clicked on the link
    to order the welcome kit it mentioned ordering the
    charter member kit!

    I remember seeing a site where the current stats of how
    many cert holders there were. However I couldn't find the
    site navigating around. I don't know if MS is listing how
    many people have the MCDST since it's so new, but maybe
    someone else here can give the address to the site.

    Guest, Feb 8, 2004

  3. sw0rd

    Kian Wah Lai Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp
    its not there yet

    whats the difference between charter member and early achiever?

    Kian Wah Lai, Feb 8, 2004
  4. sw0rd

    sw0rd Guest

    many thanks ppl :) .... appreciate your comments
    i dont really think there is a difference between charter
    member and early achiever.. but im not sure about that

    cheers
    sw0rd, Feb 8, 2004
  5. sw0rd

    Alice Ciccu Guest

    "Kian Wah Lai" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp
    > its not there yet
    >
    > whats the difference between charter member and early achiever?

    <snip>
    Kian,

    The charter membership is given to people who are the first to earn a new
    credential. Credentials are MCSE, MCSD, MCDST, etc. Charter memberships are
    usually limited to the first 5,000, sometimes less.

    Early achiever recognition is given to those who are the first to earn a
    certification on a new version of an existing credential. MCSE on Windows
    2000, MCSD on Microsoft .NET, etc. Early achiever recognition is usually
    around 1,000 - 2,000, but it depends on the credential.

    There will be no more charter memberships for the MCDST, but for subsequent
    versions you will be able to gain recognition as an Early Achiever if you
    earn the credential early.

    I hope this helps.

    --
    Alice Ciccu
    Assessments and Certification Exams

    "This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights."
    Alice Ciccu, Feb 10, 2004
  6. sw0rd

    gauji Guest

    I made MCDST on Feb 04 2004.
    Do you think that will make a Charter member.

    message

    gauji, Feb 13, 2004
  7. sw0rd

    Guest Guest

    message
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp
    >> its not there yet
    >>
    >> whats the difference between charter member and early

    achiever?

    ><snip>
    >Kian,
    >
    >The charter membership is given to people who are the

    first to earn a new
    >credential. Credentials are MCSE, MCSD, MCDST, etc.

    Charter memberships are
    >usually limited to the first 5,000, sometimes less.
    >
    >Early achiever recognition is given to those who are the

    first to earn a
    >certification on a new version of an existing

    credential. MCSE on Windows
    >2000, MCSD on Microsoft .NET, etc. Early achiever

    recognition is usually
    >around 1,000 - 2,000, but it depends on the credential.
    >
    >There will be no more charter memberships for the MCDST,

    but for subsequent
    >versions you will be able to gain recognition as an

    Early Achiever if you
    >earn the credential early.
    >
    >I hope this helps.
    >
    >--
    >Alice Ciccu
    >Assessments and Certification Exams
    >Microsoft Learning
    >
    >"This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and

    confers no rights."

    >.

    thanks for that Alice
    altho its a bit confusing but what i understand is a
    charter member is not always an early achiever.
    so, who can i tell if i am an early achiever? would it be
    something on the card or the certificate??

    cheers
    Guest, Feb 13, 2004
  8. sw0rd

    Chris Guest

    As Alice said, Charter Membership is usually given to the first 5,000. If I
    remember correctly from the chat, somebody from Microsoft mentioned that
    over 300 people were now MCDST's. So unless over 4,000 people have passed
    the tests since then, it's not too late.

    Chris

    Chris, Feb 13, 2004
  9. sw0rd

    Alice Ciccu Guest

    <snip>
    > >.
    > >

    > thanks for that Alice
    > altho its a bit confusing but what i understand is a
    > charter member is not always an early achiever.
    > so, who can i tell if i am an early achiever? would it be
    > something on the card or the certificate??
    >
    > cheers

    Up to now we have not offered both an Early Achiever and a Charter
    membership on the same credential. You can earn either one or the other. And
    yes, it will be indicated on your card.

    Alice Ciccu, Feb 13, 2004